Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2009, 02:38 PM   #1
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,151
Pro Clip came through after some nudging

I bought 4 items from Pro Clip last week for over $120 total. The items arrived on December 4.

I see this week they are running a 10% off for December. I called to ask if they would be so kind as to refund the 10% to my order (which was less than a week old) and they said "no, you didn't order it after December 4."


Edit: I then emailed ProClip and I got a reply back 2 days later (today). Now they've decided they WILL give me a 10% refund.

By the way, thanks to those of you who posted below. I agree that 10% isn't a huge amount. It seems to me that for them to refund it is a small amount to them too and having just said "yes" in the first place would have been good customer service. In the end, they did the right thing by me. I'm happy. I wanted to make sure I amended my original post to reflect this.

By the way, they do make a very good product. I do like how it works.
__________________

Last edited by Darth_Emma; 12-08-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:56 PM   #2
Stewcam
 
Stewcam's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 333
Seems a little harsh. I can see both sides and but wouldn't go to war over $12.
__________________
Yellow SS/RS
LMR Twisted Slayer 650 RWHP, ARH Headers, Hi-flow cats, Carbon/Organic Twin Disc/Pfadt/BMR/Hurst Shifter/D2forged VS1's
Stewcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #3
jeffny09


 
jeffny09's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: new york
Posts: 5,714
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
seriously its not that serious i wouldnt worry about 10 percent
__________________
top 10 reason why real men drive stick.

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:32 PM   #4
Sherwood SS
 
Sherwood SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Black SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewcam View Post
Seems a little harsh. I can see both sides and but wouldn't go to war over $12.
Sherwood SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:37 PM   #5
1320junkie
Account Suspended
 
Drives: The Imperial Army
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Darkside
Posts: 15,898
So is the $12 worth more to her or is it worth more to Pro Clip, because some members will see this and not utilize them....2 sides to every coin.
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:53 PM   #6
ajp
Imperial Blue Steel
 
ajp's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,612
As a consumer and a business owner, here is my 2c.

If you ordered and got your 'stuff', then tough luck. You can always return the stuff and reorder if its worth it to you.

If you have stuff on order, not yet shipped/received. Then sure, the business should amend the order and get that person the discount.
ajp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:19 PM   #7
Moriartii

 
Moriartii's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 1,298
My opinion is when did is ship from Pro Clip? If it shipped prior to December then no discount, if after then they should give the discount.
Cheers
Kinley
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:45 PM   #8
Mr_Draco


 
Mr_Draco's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 6,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I bought 4 items from Pro Clip last week for over $120 total. The items arrived on December 4.

I see this week they are running a 10% off for December. I called to ask if they would be so kind as to refund the 10% to my order (which was less than a week old) and they said "no, you didn't order it after December 4."

Now I've done this before and any good vendor with decent customer service would have been glad to do this to keep a customer. I know it's only $12, but their stuff is so overpriced as it is that I'm sure they'd still have been making money.

PRO CLIP HAS TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!
Ok let me get this straight.

- You made an order BEFORE the sale was announced for items that you obviously thought was priced good enough to buy.

- You received the items BEFORE the sale was announced.

- You was happy with the order and the price you paid for a WEEK until you found out about a sale that started AFTER you received your items.

And you complaining because you didn't get the sale price.

Sorry bud but I have to agree with the vendor on this one. If you came into my store with items you bought a week ago before a sale started asking for a refund for the difference you would have been told "No".

I smell a troll here who is simply wanting to cause trouble:troll:
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:51 PM   #9
1320junkie
Account Suspended
 
Drives: The Imperial Army
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Darkside
Posts: 15,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Ok let me get this straight.

- You made an order BEFORE the sale was announced for items that you obviously thought was priced good enough to buy.

- You received the items BEFORE the sale was announced.

- You was happy with the order and the price you paid for a WEEK until you found out about a sale that started AFTER you received your items.

And you complaining because you didn't get the sale price.

Sorry bud but I have to agree with the vendor on this one. If you came into my store with items you bought a week ago before a sale started asking for a refund for the difference you would have been told "No".

I smell a troll here who is simply wanting to cause trouble:troll:
Off topic..but Emma is not a troll to this forum
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:58 PM   #10
brandotron
I am the internets.
 
brandotron's Avatar
 
Drives: dangerously
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Posts: 12,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp View Post
As a consumer and a business owner, here is my 2c.

If you ordered and got your 'stuff', then tough luck. You can always return the stuff and reorder if its worth it to you.

If you have stuff on order, not yet shipped/received. Then sure, the business should amend the order and get that person the discount.
I agree.
__________________
brandotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:17 PM   #11
coolman
Guest
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 4,871
Sears has 30 day price protection. Take the stuff back and call them.LOL

I would have to say, I've had this happen to me a couple of times and everytime the vendor gave me the sale price. But, the thing is he doesn't have to if the order was placed before the sale date and if he doesn't have some type of price protection policy posted.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:22 PM   #12
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!
 
BackinBlackSS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 23,365
Bottom line is you take care of the customer. They are not taking care of the customer. They would gain so much if they immediately gave back the 12$ In retail, the customer is always right. Now I don't mean you allow abuse, but what your gonna lose in the long run over 12$ is not worth it.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:27 PM   #13
coolman
Guest
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 4,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Bottom line is you take care of the customer. They are not taking care of the customer. They would gain so much if they immediately gave back the 12$ In retail, the customer is always right. Now I don't mean you allow abuse, but what your gonna lose in the long run over 12$ is not worth it.
I hear ya, I give in to my customers a lot to keep them happy. But, It pays large dividends down the road.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #14
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!
 
BackinBlackSS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 23,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Off topic..but Emma is not a troll to this forum
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:54 PM   #15
Ralph8
 
Ralph8's Avatar
 
Drives: 88 Camaro SC, 2010 2LT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Big Rapids, MI
Posts: 40
K-Mart does this. We bought some Christmas decorations last Tuesday. On Sunday their sale started. Mgr. told us to bring back our receipt on Sunday and they would refund the difference. They set a precedence but not all companies can afford to do it too.
Ralph8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #16
herkman
 
herkman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS, 69 Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Douglasville, Georgia
Posts: 565
I thought it was a federal law that if something goes on sale within 30 dys after you bought it then they have to give you back the difference.
herkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:59 PM   #17
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!
 
BackinBlackSS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 23,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by herkman View Post
I thought it was a federal law that if something goes on sale within 30 dys after you bought it then they have to give you back the difference.
Federal law?? Dude this is capitalism. That better never become federal law.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:11 PM   #18
Mr_Draco


 
Mr_Draco's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 6,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by herkman View Post
I thought it was a federal law that if something goes on sale within 30 dys after you bought it then they have to give you back the difference.


Sorry dude but no such law exists.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:44 PM   #19
kismyss
 
Drives: CGM 2SS Roto-Fab CAI, Mach XL CAT
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cypress TX
Posts: 252
I wont buy from them EVER thats for sure. These days with me its all about customer service. And that is very poor customer service. Look how fast bad news travels. What a dumb business person. Can you imagine the opposite effect of that business going ahead and giving him the twelve bucks and the amount of great things he would have said about that company and how many more purchases might have been made because of giving him that $12 measly dollars. What an idiot!!
kismyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:53 PM   #20
coolman
Guest
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 4,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by kismyss View Post
I wont buy from them EVER thats for sure. These days with me its all about customer service. And that is very poor customer service. Look how fast bad news travels. What a dumb business person. Can you imagine the opposite effect of that business going ahead and giving him the twelve bucks and the amount of great things he would have said about that company and how many more purchases might have been made because of giving him that $12 measly dollars. What an idiot!!
I know what your saying, but I bet the op wouldn't have come on here and posted about getting $12 bucks back on his purchase. We wouldn't have heard a word. People rarely compliment, but they love to trash. I don't really put a lot of stock into these kind of threads without other facts to back up what a company might be like.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:13 PM   #21
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,151
I edited my original post. As I said, they did come through in the end after I emailed customer support. They did the right thing in the end.

Coolman, I appreciate what you're saying. However, not all of us only complain about companies. I am happy to give a good review when a company does a good job. I have done so many times.

In the end ProClip came through for me. I would edit the tread title if I could.
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:16 PM   #22
1320junkie
Account Suspended
 
Drives: The Imperial Army
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Darkside
Posts: 15,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I edited my original post. As I said, they did come through in the end after I emailed customer support. They did the right thing in the end.

Coolman, I appreciate what you're saying. However, not all of us only complain about companies. I am happy to give a good review when a company does a good job. I have done so many times.

In the end ProClip came through for me. I would edit the tread title if I could.
What do you want it to say or do you want this thread closed?
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #23
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended
 
Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Right Here
Posts: 978
After all this and still not a good word about what the OP bought. Did they work, were they any good, etc. etc. etc.
All-Or-Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:29 PM   #24
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
What do you want it to say or do you want this thread closed?
If you could change the title of the thread to "Pro Clip came through after some nudging" that would be a more accurate representation of my experience.

I don't mean to be belabor this, but I thought this forum was for letting others know of our experiences with vendors.

Thank you.
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:34 PM   #25
coolman
Guest
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 4,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
If you could change the title of the thread to "Pro Clip came through after some nudging" that would be a more accurate representation of my experience.

I don't mean to be belabor this, but I thought this forum was for letting others know of our experiences with vendors.

Thank you.
Hey good to see they came through for you. Do you think your thread on here had anything to do with it?
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pro clip mounts coming soon for our camaros! JDBeck23 Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 35 11-25-2009 03:13 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.