Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 09-21-2008, 08:55 PM   #51
fierodeletre

Drives: 02 WS6 TA, 88 Fiero Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I doubt a couple of bolt on's could give it much more than 340 as well. But I was referring to a full on build up to get the maximum amount of power out of those things, naturally aspirated. Stock it does pretty good for its size, ~83 hp/L. My argument was based on if full on race engines can make over 140 hp/L then toping 110 hp/L should be build-able on a direct injected modern engine like the 3.6 IF you've got the cash, are willing to replace a lot of parts, and do a lot of maintenance. Its still the same engine so long as you keep the same block . . .
Agreed. I'm not sure if that will be a common occurrence, a radically-built 3.6 putting out over 400hp NA, but yes, anything's possible if you've got the cash.

I'm also a fiero forums member and this engine is a hot topic for swaps. There was a post on there a few months back that had an article about the new global GM v6, and all its iterations. Seems they make or are planning to make a low-compression, DI turbo 2.8 L version with the VVT and QOHC. Don't remember horsepower numbers, but this could be an interesting powerplant for a future camaro, probably get fantastic mileage if you kept your foot out of it too...
fierodeletre is offline   Reply With Quote