Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 01-07-2010, 08:59 PM   #15
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Be VERY careful who you order from, and get a FIRM quote on shipping/handling charges to your intended destination. Some companies offer lowlow price$...and gouge the hell outta ya with excessive shipping/handling charges...

GM Canada MSRP dealer prices are set by GM Canada. Ask your local dealer, through your salesperson or other contact, for "trade" pricing. They just might...
No amount of discount from the local dealers will be able to make up for this part's huge price gap. At today's exchange rate, the trim pieces would be about C$340. Even if they double the price with shipping, you're still $400 ahead of the Canadian dealer cost.

What a total joke.
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:33 PM   #16
Rickerbucks
HP addict

Drives: 2 SS RS,
The parts pricing in Canada for GM stuff is absolutely criminal. I seroiusly don't know how they are able to quote with a straight face.

I built out my '97 WS6 to 700 HP and I have a caddy CTS -V. I buy all my parts in the US and ship to Blaine and go pick up. I have the hassle of the border crossing and I declare ALL my parts.

My most recent situation was that GM in Richmond quoted me $2000 to replace rotors and pads . Although they did offer me a discount because I was p**sed that they had not replaced them under my service plan. I was LIVID. "Special price" of $1650 total.

I ordered the more expensive performance OEM slotted rotors and Hawk pads from a Dealer in the US and installed them myself. TOTAL cost was about $1000 CDN. As far as I was concerned that was $1000 I should never have had to pay. After ten years of going to that dealer with my 97 TA and '04 CTS they lost me forever.

Once you are through warranty NEVER buy parts in Canada. HOWEVER, be careful about the overnight couriers as they will often charge $30 - $70 "brokerage" fee and that is not going to be worth it on a small value part if you cannot pick up in the states. In that case, INSIST that the part be sent by US Postal service. Only a flat $5. service fee.
Rickerbucks is offline   Reply With Quote