Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Canada Leafs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2010, 11:22 AM   #26
dougcanuck
 
dougcanuck's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS Ralley Yellow, 6spd.
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 86
CamChick any dealer can install your GFX free.... Lakewood charged $600 for painting mine and i bought in Calgary...call the bodyshop there
dougcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:16 PM   #27
LS3SSRS

 
LS3SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougcanuck View Post
CamChick any dealer can install your GFX free.... Lakewood charged $600 for painting mine and i bought in Calgary...call the bodyshop there
thats where i got my camaro from! good guys there.
__________________
2SS/RS, 6spd manual, IBM w/black leather
Blacked out tail/signal lights, 5% rear tint, 20% sides, Dynomax Bullet exhaust, Barton short throw shifter, Clear Image offroad downpipes
LS3SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:29 PM   #28
camaro99

 
camaro99's Avatar
 
Drives: Angry Dorothy 2SSRS Bl/Bl LS3/GFX
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hawkesbury/1 hr South-E of Ottawa/Canada
Posts: 1,875
Cool

Nice ...Welcome to the gang...By the way, hate to rub it in but I called a dealer near Ottawa on June 19 and they told me that a black Camaro SSRS had just arrived minutes earlier . I bought it within seconds ......by phone and picked it up..... on June 22. YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO
Can't wait for april1st

My GFX was installed 2 months later in 3.5 hrs and was part of the option cost, just under 3330$ C TAX IN. As you can see I left it unpainted,as it accents the car's look and I think that the painted GFX will need touchups over time
camaro99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:43 PM   #29
Joe in T.O.
 
Drives: 1970 GTO Ragtop
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 325
Congratulations! Why did it take 9 months? I thought wait times were a lot shorter now.
Joe in T.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:43 PM   #30
hot ss

 
hot ss's Avatar
 
Drives: aqua 2ss l99
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncaye View Post
Hot SS: How did you bolt up your GFX
as per instructions. skipped no steps. did an extra good job on the two way tape stuff.
almost makes you cry when instructions call for a 1-1/8" holesaw for front lip install... lawl.
hot ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:44 PM   #31
hot ss

 
hot ss's Avatar
 
Drives: aqua 2ss l99
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro99 View Post
Nice ...Welcome to the gang...By the way, hate to rub it in but I called a dealer near Ottawa on June 19 and they told me that a black Camaro SSRS had just arrived minutes earlier . I bought it within seconds ......by phone and picked it up..... on June 22. YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO
Can't wait for april1st

My GFX was installed 2 months later in 3.5 hrs and was part of the option cost, just under 3330$ C TAX IN. As you can see I left it unpainted,as it accents the car's look and I think that the painted GFX will need touchups over time
i completely covered mine in paint protection film, so i am less concerned than you.

if i'm not mistaken, the stock front mudflaps should fit a gfx car.
hot ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:50 AM   #32
jgenest66
 
jgenest66's Avatar
 
Drives: sim.2 SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: sherwood park alberta
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot ss View Post
i completely covered mine in paint protection film, so i am less concerned than you.

if i'm not mistaken, the stock front mudflaps should fit a gfx car.
the molded gm mud flaps say that will not fit with ground fx
jgenest66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:24 PM   #33
CamChick
 
CamChick's Avatar
 
Drives: Black SS, IOM interior.
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe in T.O. View Post
Congratulations! Why did it take 9 months? I thought wait times were a lot shorter now.
I had an EPIC FAIL in my choice of dealer...I since found out that i was somewhere like 17th on their "list" and not where i was told at the beginning - the girl I dealt with was a little stretchy with her truth.

Camaro99 - you lucked out! Good for you!
CamChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:26 PM   #34
rschick
 
rschick's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Destin, FL
Posts: 42
You will love it~ Congrats!!
__________________
2010 Rally Yellow Manual, Shes a Beauty
rschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:38 AM   #35
Tdot_Camaro
 
Tdot_Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: LT/RS, 08 Equinox, CBR 600
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamChick View Post
After nearly 9 months of waiting (it truly is my baby!) my car is waiting at the dealership and will be delivered to me tomorrow. (Thanks AMA!)
It is just one hell of an amazing looking car...I was looking around it, drooling and commenting to the salesguy on how i was going to tint the windows, powder coat the wheels etc and probably black the car out eventually (not everyone's taste but i love it) The guy looks at me, asks if i'm married, I say no and the next thing i know he is on his knees proposing marriage!!!
It was a funny moment. Bless him.
I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited to have it coming home - even if it is going to sit in the garage until the snow leaves.

Congrats!!!! My TPW is Jan 11/2010 so I hope mine will be home in a month or so. How do you plan on getting your baby home to your garage through all the snow? I'm just trying to get some ideas!
__________________


The ends will always justify the means.....
Tdot_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:58 AM   #36
Xp0gam3r
 
Xp0gam3r's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North York, ON
Posts: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdot_Camaro View Post
Congrats!!!! My TPW is Jan 11/2010 so I hope mine will be home in a month or so. How do you plan on getting your baby home to your garage through all the snow? I'm just trying to get some ideas!
I would leave it at that dealer if it arrives in a month or so since winter doesnt have alot of time left, or let the truck that delivers it deliver it to your front door (talk to dealer I guess if that works out with them) then just drive it into garage. That is assuming you dont have all season/winter tires on to drive it home
Xp0gam3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:02 AM   #37
CamChick
 
CamChick's Avatar
 
Drives: Black SS, IOM interior.
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 157
the dealer told me he could get me a "deal" of $150 for a local towing company to get it home for me. I have AMA membership and because it has summer tires on, it is deemed "unroadworthy" so they will put it on a flat bed truck and take it home for me as part of my membership - now "that's" a deal.
CamChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:49 AM   #38
2010 SSRS



 
2010 SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 123,978
Congrats
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:28 PM   #39
Tdot_Camaro
 
Tdot_Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: LT/RS, 08 Equinox, CBR 600
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xp0gam3r View Post
I would leave it at that dealer if it arrives in a month or so since winter doesnt have alot of time left, or let the truck that delivers it deliver it to your front door (talk to dealer I guess if that works out with them) then just drive it into garage. That is assuming you dont have all season/winter tires on to drive it home

I really would like to leave it at the dealership if I can. I'm going to assume that I won't get my car until Feb with my TPW Jan 11 date. I'm pretty sure my dealer said that I can leave it there up to 30 days which brings me into March. It's up to Old Man Winter now .
__________________


The ends will always justify the means.....
Tdot_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:33 PM   #40
hot ss

 
hot ss's Avatar
 
Drives: aqua 2ss l99
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgenest66 View Post
the molded gm mud flaps say that will not fit with ground fx
the rears will not fit, i see no reason the fronts wont. i will measure my factory, and gfx rockers tomorrow. the sides flare out at the rear.
hot ss is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gran Turismo 5... No Camaro? 5thGenOwner 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 111 12-06-2011 10:06 AM
From my first car to my dream car... MissingtheMrs. 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 21 04-11-2011 10:20 PM
1st Car Show and meeting Al Oppenheiser! scrming 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 44 08-17-2009 04:46 PM
#4768 - Delivered and Made Ready the Right Way! Number_9 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 62 07-16-2009 02:42 AM
"The car of the future may turn out to be no car at all." Scotsman General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 2 11-03-2007 12:22 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.