Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
bhut

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Arrow Sticky suggestion

I don't know how anyone else feels, but I'd like to be able to view suspension upgrade information in a sticky thread. I've read over a number of different threads of subjective impressions people have after installing components form vendor A, B, or C, but it would be nice to see all of the vendors lay this out for us in more scientific terms. It may take several threads to accomplish this, but it sure would make things easier to research and having the specs available for all to see would make comparisons easier.

I would like to see all of the manufacturers list their sway bar packages with whatever common measure is used in advertising (strength, torsional rigidity, whatever). It would be nice to see this measurement as compared to stock SS and LS/LT, not to other vendors... at least not by name. It would also be good to know the amount of front/rear bias each kit offers and how that will affect understeer/oversteer/neutral handling. Each person prefers different attributes in their car or may be limited by a price point, so the highest number in one category isn't likely to "win" based on figures alone.

I have no preference or bias toward any company and I have not ordered suspension components from any vendor out here, but I admit that I like the chart Pedders used for their sway bar comparison in this thread as an example of what I'm thinking of.

The same thing could be done for springs and sway/spring packages, etc.

Any thoughts?
Old 02-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #2
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
It would be cool but won't happen. The most important numbers to me aren't on those charts and graphs. 'Rubber to road' ie... skid pad, slolom, and such........... And if they were, the other company could just post one number better. Or they can be ran in different conditions and different distances.

Basically, I had to just go with rep. and word of mouth along with a good price. Plus, I was able to call and talk to the guys who did this stuff. They spent as much time as I needed to answer any of my questions. Maybe they all do that but if you wait to be absolutely certain, you may be waiting a long time.

My car is much improved where I wanted it and it's an inch lower. Perfect.

Last edited by PQ; 02-10-2010 at 05:30 PM.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote