Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Circle-D
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #15
thekid96

Drives: Z06, 69 Camaro
GM engineers must have some pretty numb senses, I can't agree with this statement in the least, tiniest bit. I have to say from my experience with the full Justice Pete bushing kit installed that the ride quality has been degraded substantially, as well as road noise transmitted to the cockpit.
I am not saying the benefits aren't there if you value the performance aspect, but your statement that the bushing don't effect harshness is completely misleading for the average customer. As for noise, the difference is huge. Aside from overall increased vibration and noise, I can now hear my power steering as well as posi engagement when driving in parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
Pedders has seriously simplified our systems for you. Took the gtood, better, best approach for Street, track, drags, etc. Pedders will be making additions to the Camaro product line, but these additions traditionally will etiehr add kits and not change existing kits. We may make changes to these kits once we have more data on OE wear functions.

In terms of bushings causing harsher rides, just not true! There have been 30-40 GM engineers that have road tested our completely Pedderized vehicles and all of them have been amazed on the quality of the ride, and lack of noise, and massive improvements in handling. There are excess movements in a numnber of components that braces and such just cannot fix where bushings can.

mike
dms
thekid96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:51 AM   #16
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekid96 View Post
GM engineers must have some pretty numb senses, I can't agree with this statement in the least, tiniest bit. I have to say from my experience with the full Justice Pete bushing kit installed that the ride quality has been degraded substantially, as well as road noise transmitted to the cockpit.
I am not saying the benefits aren't there if you value the performance aspect, but your statement that the bushing don't effect harshness is completely misleading for the average customer. As for noise, the difference is huge. Aside from overall increased vibration and noise, I can now hear my power steering as well as posi engagement when driving in parking lots.
With the Justice Pete kit, the EP1201HD is in fact a bushing designed specificazlly for massive hp and racing. This subframe bushing is as hard as delrin and will create additional noises. Thsi bushing was made for a specific vendor that I cannot discuss. But this is the only one that will, with the ecxception of the EP1167HD solid hd diff mount bushing for those rides with over 450hp at the rear. If you are having p/s noise increases, it is not coming from our front bushings.

Now the only other noise issues that we have been able to document was a G8 with a diff ring and pinion beginning to fail. Adding our HD version increased the noise about 10% or so.

The Pedders Camaro and the Pedders G8 have both been tested and driven a ton by GM. I have personally been in both of these vehicles quite a bit. There is now doubt that in their current configuration the ride is extremely firm. But that is because they are both set up for road racing and road racing damping levels. But the firmness is coming from the dampers and coils, and not the bushings.

thanks
mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:43 PM   #17
RichJ.
Shop Owner

Drives: 1 ton silverado
1camaro70 PM sent
RichJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:56 PM   #18
RichJ.