Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Tower Decals
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 03-04-2010, 08:23 PM   #26
pleigh

Drives: 2010 CGM 1LT A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Well... I met Scott back in 2005 when I bought my Mustang... I had never modded a car before... He introduced me to this madness of modding! ARGH!!!

I have the utmost respect for him... I mean how many people do you trust to take a drill to your baby!

NO, the Rev limiter is not set to 118MPH... and YES, driving in this manner does affect MPG...
pleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:13 PM   #27
Eddy9

Drives: 2010 Camaro
MRT 2.0

I'm going to be purchasing the MRT version 2.0 very soon online. Could someone tell me the best place to have this installed?? Dealership?? Please help!! Also, does it affect any of the warranties??
Eddy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:21 PM   #28
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy9 View Post
I'm going to be purchasing the MRT version 2.0 very soon online. Could someone tell me the best place to have this installed?? Dealership?? Please help!! Also, does it affect any of the warranties??
I tend to avoid dealerships...

If there are any local car clubs, you may want to ask around and see who they recommend... Check out the local performance shops... Also you local exhaust shop should be able to handle this with no issues...

The should be no warranty issue.. The dealership has to show that your aftermarket parts are the cause of the problem.. and with a simple axle back there is really no problems it's going to cause...

Check these pages:

http://www.aimseco.com/Support/Magnu...rrantyAct.aspx

http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=60128
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:26 PM   #29
Eddy9

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Version 2.0

Thank You Scrming for all your help and advice!! I'm going to be purchasing the MRT 2.0 exhaust! Can't wait for April when I can pull my Camaro out of winter storage and have the new exhaust installed!!!!
Eddy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:41 PM   #30
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy9 View Post
Thank You Scrming for all your help and advice!! I'm going to be purchasing the MRT 2.0 exhaust! Can't wait for April when I can pull my Camaro out of winter storage and have the new exhaust installed!!!!
Your welcome!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:29 PM   #31
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: Black 2SS/RS 2014; JK Wrangler 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
I tend to avoid dealerships...

If there are any local car clubs, you may want to ask around and see who they recommend... Check out the local performance shops... Also you local exhaust shop should be able to handle this with no issues...

The should be no warranty issue.. The dealership has to show that your aftermarket parts are the cause of the problem.. and with a simple axle back there is really no problems it's going to cause...

Check these pages:

http://www.aimseco.com/Support/Magnu...rrantyAct.aspx

http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=60128
Well yeah,

I went to my dealer to install the Magna flow cat back, and they called the big boss who said Cat back no probelm but once he saw (Magna Flow). He said to me this is not a GM part, sorry.

I was realistic and said to him OK fine then get me a GM cat back.

He called his engineer, and asked him whether he can install Magnaflow cat backs. The engineer said I can do anything for money, then screwed me with a word ( This will void your warranty).

Crashed him again, Your GM cans warranty is for only 3 years, Magnaflow has a life time warranty so what warranty are talking about?

He said: Alternation voids warranty, I said: NO it is Mis-Alternation caused by me voids warranty . Please speak English.

I want you to do the Alternation, and warranty your hand job not the part.

He gave up and said: FINE I will do it , but if the engine fails you will be responsible for it.

Magna Flow please dont let me down !!

Tags
delete, exhaust, loud, muffler