Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2010, 05:22 PM   #1
camaropete
I love crepes
 
camaropete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,313
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
For Those with Camaro Problems...Escalation Procedure

There have been a few threads on here started by people who have had problems with their cars that were not handled or resolved to their satisfaction by their dealer. In some cases, these have been escalated (thanks in part to this forum and its members) to GM and are in the process of being addressed. In some cases, people have been bashing GM, their dealers, the Camaro, etc.

I realized that many people don't know the options that are available to them when it comes to getting issues like this addressed. So I felt I would outline what should be done in these cases. Please note, these are for issues that have not been handled appropriately or to your satisfaction by your dealer. Don't contact GM if you haven't gone to your dealer first and at least given them a chance to address the problem.

The first step should always be to take the car back to your dealer. Give the dealer a chance to address the issue. [This is where having a reliable dealer and having a good relationship with them comes in handy, but I digress.] Personally, I would recommend documenting this process for yourself just in case it does need to be escalated later.

If your issue hasn't been resolved to your satisfaction and you feel that the dealer is not being helpful, you should contact GM's Customer Assistance Group at 1-800-508-3060. This number has been established exactly for cases like this. They are there to assist you in getting a resolution to your problem.

If you feel further escalation is necessary, PM me.

Don't bash GM if you haven't taken the proper steps to make sure that your issue has been resolved. I hope this helps anyone who may be experiencing issues.

NOTE: If you have contacted or state you are going to contact a lawyer my ability to assist you will be limited. I know some people get frustrated with dealing with these issues and I don't blame them. In fact, I completely understand. I just want to be upfront and honest with what I can and can't help with.
__________________

Last edited by camaropete; 08-05-2010 at 11:47 AM.
camaropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:34 PM   #2
jeffny09


 
jeffny09's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: new york
Posts: 5,714
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
peteeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
top 10 reason why real men drive stick.

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:42 PM   #3
camaropete
I love crepes
 
camaropete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,313
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffny09 View Post
peteeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wuz up Jefffff!
__________________
camaropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:48 PM   #4
jeffny09


 
jeffny09's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: new york
Posts: 5,714
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Wuz up Jefffff!
oooo nothing new man, been meaning to email you but been a bit busy latly bro! how bout you?>
__________________
top 10 reason why real men drive stick.

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:53 AM   #5
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!
 
Number 3's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,111
Thanks to Camropete for posting this. I have given some of you this number in the past in hopes that you would do exactly as he has suggested.

You can use this number to report a problem with your dealer or a problem with your vehicle that has not been resolved to your satisfaction.

To report an issue regarding a dealership:
First contact the Customer Assistance Group by calling 1-800-508-3060
If the issue is still not resolved and the customer is in need of additional assistance:
Complete the Escalated Customer Assistance Form (note: You MUST have an existing Service Request (SR) number from the Customer Assistance Group in order to request Escalated Customer Assistance.)


For questions regarding GM warranty coverage (new car warranty and GMPP warranty)
Contact with the Customer Assistance Group at 1-800-508-3060

To follow up on an existing customer case with Customer Assistance Center:
Complete the Escalated Customer Assistance Form (note: You MUST have an existing Service Request (SR) number from the Customer Assistance Group in order to request Escalated Customer Assistance.)

The escalation process is a form that I or any GM employee submits internally but you will have to have the SR number which you can only get from Customer Assistance.

So the process asks that you give your dealer a chance to take care of you. If not then you can call the 1-800 number and if that doesn't work, have a GM employee go to the "How to help a customer" website and submit an Escalation Form on your behalf. And you can PM me if you have problems with this or if you need help with escallation.

I can assure you that there is a significant focus on making sure GM customere are the most satisfied. As Mr. Reuss has stated, we will do it one customer at a time.
__________________
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley Link to Every Camaro photo I've taken in Hi-Resolution
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:20 PM   #6
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,775
Great information.

Thanks guys!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:32 PM   #7
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,461
Does this work on the Camaro or any General Motors Vehicle? Also does the vehicle have to be in warranty? I am having a problem, not with my Camaro but my Truck, it's a long story, but no resolution.
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:13 PM   #8
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!
 
Number 3's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jekel View Post
Does this work on the Camaro or any General Motors Vehicle? Also does the vehicle have to be in warranty? I am having a problem, not with my Camaro but my Truck, it's a long story, but no resolution.
Any GM Vehicle. Try that 1-800 number. This is not a Camaro only program for helping customers.
__________________
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley Link to Every Camaro photo I've taken in Hi-Resolution
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:17 PM   #9
ron10


 
Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: LOUISVILLE,KY..
Posts: 7,325
great info.thanks.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:24 PM   #10
Partick

 
Partick's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NorCal
Posts: 976
Great info, hats off to camaropete and Number3!
Partick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:30 AM   #11
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Any GM Vehicle. Try that 1-800 number. This is not a Camaro only program for helping customers.
Thanks Number 3, I will give it a try. I am just really frustrated about my truck.
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:43 PM   #12
skuttduck


 
skuttduck's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Join Date: May 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 2,528
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Suggest Sticky for this thread.
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:51 PM   #13
LSP2010
IM A GURL
 
LSP2010's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010/2SS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Killeen,TX
Posts: 640
k
__________________
1100, Preliminary order accepted - 13oct08
2000, Order accepted by GM ----- n/a
3000, Order acc. by P.R---------- n/a
3100, Order available to sequence- n/a
3300, Order sch. for production--- 21may09
3400, Order broadcast------------ 28may09
3800, Order produced ------------ 2jun09(2G1FT1EW8A9114199)
4000, Available to ship
4200, Shipped--------------------9june09

ITS HERE 18JUNE09
LSP2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:09 AM   #14
camaropete
I love crepes
 
camaropete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,313
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Also, anyone who uses the process please post your results so others can see how things were handled.
__________________
camaropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:48 PM   #15
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie
 
Synergy SATX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Zl1 & 2010 Ltd. Ed. Synergy V6
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio TX
Posts: 856
1 week later still waiting on parts. Camaro Fest countdown ...
__________________
Synergy SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:10 PM   #16
SSPooler2010
 
Drives: 2010 2SS Chevy Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 47
In June 09 we ordered our 2010 1SS. Two days later after reading up on this forum I went back and upgraded to the 2SS. I really wanted the USB option for my Ipod ( yeah this is the female pooler not the male) but I also figured that for $2300 I should upgrade because I didnt want to kick myself for not spending the little extra to get the 2SS. Anyway, after some problems with the dealership and a call to the Customer Relations Number the car arrived and we picked it up on 9-18-2009. I had the car in the shop the following week with a problem with the USB feature. I would be driving and then all of a sudden it would stop playing the IPod and give me a "No Data" message and kick me over to the radio. Not long after the first trip to the shop we were dropping it off again for the same problem. And again. Skipping forward as the car was "stored" at the end of November because of the nasty winters here. April 1st we took the car out of storage and got to drive it again....still same problem. I took it back in to the dealership AGAIN (FOUR TIMES FOR THE SAME PROBLEM). Atleast this time they were telling me that there was a service bulletin and I am being told that there just needed to be basically an operating system update. So I dropped the car off and was given a base model ford focus that drove like crap. I was not pleased. Anyway getting off topic supposedly this fixed the problem... yet it still happens everytime I am in the car. I called customer care yesterday and was told that they would call me back yesterday. I finally get a return call after 2pm today. I called them back only to be told that it was immediately escalated and that I would get a call tomorrow afternoon. I asked to speak with a Supervisor or Manager twice I called for this only to placed on hold for over 20 minutes each time. Then they would come back and tell me that a Supervisor or a Manager was not available.

I am SOOOOO aggrevated. I LOVE this car but I am really tired of having to put it in the shop and having to drive a little crap box around instead of my gorgeous car. I am blessed that I didnt have to finance the car and I paid cash....So I have to tell you I am sorely tempted to sell the damn thing and go with something else. I was patient about all of this until the last time it was in the shop. It should not take 5 trip into the shop to fix a problem like this. But no one at GM seems to care that I am upset or even understand WHY I would be upset about this.

So far I am NOT impressed with the customer care department. I am truly hoping that they surprise me.
SSPooler2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:16 AM   #17
camaropete
I love crepes
 
camaropete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,313
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSPooler2010 View Post
In June 09 we ordered our 2010 1SS. ...

So far I am NOT impressed with the customer care department. I am truly hoping that they surprise me.
PM sent. Sorry about your problem, but we will see what we can do to assist.
__________________
camaropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:07 AM   #18
grunt
 
grunt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2LT RS ORANGE
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Motor City
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSPooler2010 View Post
In June 09 we ordered our 2010 1SS. Two days later after reading up on this forum I went back and upgraded to the 2SS. I really wanted the USB option for my Ipod ( yeah this is the female pooler not the male) but I also figured that for $2300 I should upgrade because I didnt want to kick myself for not spending the little extra to get the 2SS. Anyway, after some problems with the dealership and a call to the Customer Relations Number the car arrived and we picked it up on 9-18-2009. I had the car in the shop the following week with a problem with the USB feature. I would be driving and then all of a sudden it would stop playing the IPod and give me a "No Data" message and kick me over to the radio. Not long after the first trip to the shop we were dropping it off again for the same problem. And again. Skipping forward as the car was "stored" at the end of November because of the nasty winters here. April 1st we took the car out of storage and got to drive it again....still same problem. I took it back in to the dealership AGAIN (FOUR TIMES FOR THE SAME PROBLEM). Atleast this time they were telling me that there was a service bulletin and I am being told that there just needed to be basically an operating system update. So I dropped the car off and was given a base model ford focus that drove like crap. I was not pleased. Anyway getting off topic supposedly this fixed the problem... yet it still happens everytime I am in the car. I called customer care yesterday and was told that they would call me back yesterday. I finally get a return call after 2pm today. I called them back only to be told that it was immediately escalated and that I would get a call tomorrow afternoon. I asked to speak with a Supervisor or Manager twice I called for this only to placed on hold for over 20 minutes each time. Then they would come back and tell me that a Supervisor or a Manager was not available.

I am SOOOOO aggrevated. I LOVE this car but I am really tired of having to put it in the shop and having to drive a little crap box around instead of my gorgeous car. I am blessed that I didnt have to finance the car and I paid cash....So I have to tell you I am sorely tempted to sell the damn thing and go with something else. I was patient about all of this until the last time it was in the shop. It should not take 5 trip into the shop to fix a problem like this. But no one at GM seems to care that I am upset or even understand WHY I would be upset about this.

So far I am NOT impressed with the customer care department. I am truly hoping that they surprise me.
I just sent you a PM, with my email address and what info I need to escalate your issue. Sorry for the problem. Hopefully we can resolve it to your satisfaction.
grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:11 AM   #19
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member
 
Michael_Js's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 5,317
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Great info and yes, please don't just go off the handle and bash GM! Great cars, yes, some problems...

Thanks guys!
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; Subthump; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:25 AM   #20
SSPooler2010
 
Drives: 2010 2SS Chevy Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
Great info and yes, please don't just go off the handle and bash GM! Great cars, yes, some problems...

Thanks guys!
Dont go off the handle and bash GM????? Well lets see I have a brand new car that keeps having to go into the shop for the same thing. Contact GM and so far haven't gotten anywhere.

So excuse me if I am a little ticked off because I have taken this car back several times and not had the problem fixed. I then in good faith contact customer care just to get the run around....Gee I dont know what I would be a little pissed about that.

It is not bashing GM to talk about the issues that I having with the car AND lack of resolution with the customer care team.

CamaroPete and Grunt Thank you for the PM with the information appreciate the help!
SSPooler2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:50 PM   #21
grunt
 
grunt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2LT RS ORANGE
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Motor City
Posts: 33
Just as an FYI,,,the USB issue is not limited to the Camaro.
And by the way I don't take anything said above as bashing GM. Just a customer that had a bad experience and is dissatisfied. And I am a GM employee.
Now we have to work hard to correct the situation and gain the confidence back!
__________________


Semper FI!!
grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:51 AM   #22
camaropete
I love crepes
 
camaropete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,313
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSPooler2010 View Post
Dont go off the handle and bash GM????? Well lets see I have a brand new car that keeps having to go into the shop for the same thing. Contact GM and so far haven't gotten anywhere.

So excuse me if I am a little ticked off because I have taken this car back several times and not had the problem fixed. I then in good faith contact customer care just to get the run around....Gee I dont know what I would be a little pissed about that.

It is not bashing GM to talk about the issues that I having with the car AND lack of resolution with the customer care team.

CamaroPete and Grunt Thank you for the PM with the information appreciate the help!
You are welcome SSPooler! I hope that everything gets resolved to your satisfaction.
__________________
camaropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:25 PM   #23
camaropete
I love crepes
 
camaropete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,313
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
SSPooler2010, any update from your end?
__________________
camaropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:05 PM   #24
eckerj
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 32
I have an issue with my car, detailed in:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79840

The short and skinny version is that I have to wait and hope that parts on my car
fail again before the dealer will do anything about it.

This was confirmed by the GM Customer Assistance people who I talked to today.

Not a happy camper.
eckerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:28 PM   #25
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,690
Pete,

So I have been having a ton of problems with my camaro. See:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79065

I've been assigned a regional representative. Girl named Elizabeth, she's great tons of help, the whole nine yards, everything that GM says their customer service is 24/7. After a lot of turn around, and starting on 15 + days at the dealer this month, they are bringing in some GM engineer to look at my car. The problem is that they want me to drive around with him to show him the problems, which is perfectly fine. Except that the transmission jerk and the brakes are intermittent.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm a little paranoid that none of my problems will show up when I'm out test driving with the engineer, and then he'll just blow me off as a complaining dick. Please let me know if there is anything I can do during/after the "test drive" to explain/show them that I'm not crazy?

Thanks
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CAMARO WIKI Tran Wiki 49 09-09-2014 05:46 AM
Gran Turismo 5... No Camaro? 5thGenOwner 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 111 12-06-2011 10:06 AM
Camaro Scotty Camaro inventory - Fly in or we'll ship to you! CamaroScotty Dealer Camaros for Sale 40 05-24-2010 09:52 PM
Major Pedders Event in Houston! Saturday, Jan 30th! Meet DMS Info@PeddersUSA.com USA - Texas 39 02-01-2010 12:48 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.