Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cam Motion
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2010, 10:42 PM   #52
PB3

 
PB3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS/GFX/M6
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITMerc View Post
Long story, but I've done a lot since I got out of the Corps. I credit a LOT of the success I've had so far in life on the values and traits I either picked up or honed while in the Marines. I'm sure you know LOTS of former Marines have gone on to be CEO's of fortune 500 companies. I'm not a CEO and I'm not a millionaire but I've had some nice jobs here and there. I saved up some money and splurged on 2 serious car projects and that'll pretty much be it! Heh! 2 swings for the fence and 2 homeruns so I can't complain. Paid my own way through Purdue University, lots of technical training and project management experience, both followership and leadership training/experience in the military... some good choices and some luck along the way! No kids, no debt and a good income coupled with a passion for cool cars and a girlfriend/other half thats doing well for herself and likes cars too so she encourages me... I'm fortunate and appreciative of the fact that I am.
Well done
__________________
"Reality is an illusion that occurs due to lack of alcohol" -W.C.Feilds
PB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:36 AM   #53
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 27,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITMerc View Post
LOL! Nothing secret, the car ran but was still 'under construction' so to speak so it really wasn't much to look at right then. You can't see the turbos from under the hood anyway since they're bottom mounted so you aren't going to see much. We put it in that small Corvette/Chevy show at the last second primarily just because it was right here in Houston.
LOL... we closed the hood to show off the carbon fiber since you can't see the turbos anyway. Was GREAT having your car among the rest of ours. Nice to meet you and your wife too. I think she's just as ready to drive it as you are....

Keep us posted...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:47 AM   #54
ITMerc
Account Suspended
 
Drives: A.R.D. 1500, LSX Twin Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
LOL... we closed the hood to show off the carbon fiber since you can't see the turbos anyway. Was GREAT having your car among the rest of ours. Nice to meet you and your wife too. I think she's just as ready to drive it as you are....

Keep us posted...
But the conspiracy idea was much more fun! Heh!

It was great meeting the H-Town crew there and I look forward to bringing the car and the other half out to more of your events. Thanks for babysitting the car at the show!
ITMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:05 PM   #55
erasedgod
CGM 2SS/RS
 
erasedgod's Avatar
 
Drives: # 9641
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Bern, NC
Posts: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITMerc View Post
My time in the Marines is hands down the one thing in my life I'm most proud of.
Awesome. I'm glad to hear a fellow Marine is doing so well for himself... not that it's a rare occurrence. I managed to find those EGA's down here on the Depot today. I'll definitely be adding them to my car in the near future. Thanks for the idea.
__________________
Fastlane Pipeline Intake installed by MoToRZ TV
erasedgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:14 PM   #56
john2000car
American_Chevy
 
Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2LT RS+
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Albany, IN
Posts: 74
Wonderful thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITMerc View Post
Long story, but I've done a lot since I got out of the Corps. I credit a LOT of the success I've had so far in life on the values and traits I either picked up or honed while in the Marines. I'm sure you know LOTS of former Marines have gone on to be CEO's of fortune 500 companies. I'm not a CEO and I'm not a millionaire but I've had some nice jobs here and there. I saved up some money and splurged on 2 serious car projects and that'll pretty much be it! Heh! 2 swings for the fence and 2 homeruns so I can't complain. Paid my own way through Purdue University, lots of technical training and project management experience, both followership and leadership training/experience in the military... some good choices and some luck along the way! No kids, no debt and a good income coupled with a passion for cool cars and a girlfriend/other half thats doing well for herself and likes cars too so she encourages me... I'm fortunate and appreciative of the fact that I am.
Well stated! As a former Army Security Agency dude myself, I have the utmost respect for our Marines and all the other Super-Soldiers out there. You obviously represent them well! My Camaro will most likely remain stock, but Hennessey (team) is my aftermarket hero(s) and would have been my choice too. All other Camaros (all years) always turn my head even when I am driving my own. You have one ab-sooo-lutely beautiful and amazingly powerful Camaro. Thanks for sharing. I haven't read all the numerous threads on this site, but this is my favorite thus far.
john2000car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:05 PM   #57
ITMerc
Account Suspended
 
Drives: A.R.D. 1500, LSX Twin Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 151
There used to be a time when military service ALMOST a pre-requisite for running for congress and was considered beneficial in a presidential bid. Society was different back then.
I appreciate anyone who chooses to serve, regardless of branch, and they all have my thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2000car View Post
Well stated! As a former Army Security Agency dude myself, I have the utmost respect for our Marines and all the other Super-Soldiers out there. You obviously represent them well! My Camaro will most likely remain stock, but Hennessey (team) is my aftermarket hero(s) and would have been my choice too. All other Camaros (all years) always turn my head even when I am driving my own. You have one ab-sooo-lutely beautiful and amazingly powerful Camaro. Thanks for sharing. I haven't read all the numerous threads on this site, but this is my favorite thus far.
ITMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:08 PM   #58
ITMerc
Account Suspended
 
Drives: A.R.D. 1500, LSX Twin Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 151
FYI, when you put them on you'll need to use much better adhesive tape than they came with AND make sure to strip off any wax in that spot first. Don't ask me how I figured that out... Heh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasedgod View Post
Awesome. I'm glad to hear a fellow Marine is doing so well for himself... not that it's a rare occurrence. I managed to find those EGA's down here on the Depot today. I'll definitely be adding them to my car in the near future. Thanks for the idea.
ITMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:13 PM   #59
Dentyneice
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: new Jersey
Posts: 251
Can you buy that hood from somewhere? That's the best looking hood I've seen
__________________
2010 CGM/Black 2SS M6
20% Tint -:- Hurst 44% Short Throw Shifter -:- Viper 5901 Alarm/Remote start -:- High Gloss Black Painted Calipers + White Brembo Decal
Dentyneice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:24 PM   #60
ITMerc
Account Suspended
 
Drives: A.R.D. 1500, LSX Twin Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 151
Its a Seibon hood that I got from Southern car parts.

http://www.southerncarparts.com/seib...c-711_757.html


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentyneice View Post
Can you buy that hood from somewhere? That's the best looking hood I've seen
ITMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:30 PM   #61
daveprimo
 
daveprimo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 154
one mistake... you got the sun roof. Kind of gay for a muscle car. The other roof is much meaner looking. Eh, car still has big balls
daveprimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:07 AM   #62
ITMerc
Account Suspended
 
Drives: A.R.D. 1500, LSX Twin Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 151
No argument there. If I was doing it NOW I'd skip the sunroof but when I bought the car I was able to get in on a fully loaded dealership 'stock' car that was already inbound so I only waited about 2 weeks to get it when others were waiting months and months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveprimo View Post
one mistake... you got the sun roof. Kind of gay for a muscle car. The other roof is much meaner looking. Eh, car still has big balls
ITMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:39 PM   #63
Epitaph
Custom User Title
 
Drives: Fast
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 550
When do you get to drive this baby? I know you're probably getting pretty antsy, because I am. I think I check this thread more than 5 times per day
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:08 PM   #64
ITMerc
Account Suspended
 
Drives: A.R.D. 1500, LSX Twin Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 151
Hopefully by the end of the week. The wait has been driving me nuts! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph View Post
When do you get to drive this baby? I know you're probably getting pretty antsy, because I am. I think I check this thread more than 5 times per day
ITMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:02 PM   #65
ITMerc
Account Suspended
 
Drives: A.R.D. 1500, LSX Twin Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 151
FYI folks: I have the Seibon TS hood and the ST trunk and both have fitment issues with the trunk ones being the worst. Seibon says they're redoing the trunk mold and say it will take 4 weeks, then another 4 weeks to get the first part.

Gorgeous CF but if you get them I would definitely do a stringent test fit and return them immediately if they weren't up to snuff. I'd for sure hold off on the ST trunk till they fix that. (alignment of rear verticle edge to quarter panel body lines.)

Their SEMA stuff looked perfect but the production parts aren't showing the same attention to detail in regards to alignment and body gap consistency.

Last edited by ITMerc; 04-30-2010 at 11:49 AM.
ITMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:06 AM   #66
Epitaph
Custom User Title
 
Drives: Fast
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 550
Awe geeze, that's just horrible. That's going to cost them quite a bit if all of their production parts aren't coming out right. Good luck with everything, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:50 AM   #67
ITMerc
Account Suspended
 
Drives: A.R.D. 1500, LSX Twin Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 151
They make gorgeous stuff, it just seems they need to do better QC and get their molds right so the parts come out with tight uniform gap spacing and body panel alignment. I can't speak regarding their whole line, just the ST trunk (I'm not the only one who's had the issue) and they're taking action to redo the mold.

Last edited by ITMerc; 04-30-2010 at 01:15 PM.
ITMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:59 AM   #68
ITMerc
Account Suspended
 
Drives: A.R.D. 1500, LSX Twin Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 151
Here's a thread link to the new 1000hp dyno video...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84124
ITMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
hennessey, hpe800, itmerc, twin turbo

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.