Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Dynomax Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2008, 10:26 PM   #15
Nexus6
More human than human
 
Nexus6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The mouth of hell
Posts: 1,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
The Pontiac Solstice also has inferno orange.


Cameras can be deceiving



same color different look
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:27 PM   #16
FunkyELF
 
Drives: 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
Cameras can be deceiving
same color different look
True...also, computer monitors can be deceiving unless you're into photography and have had your monitor calibrated.
I do have to say though, I pulled it up on my TV (which was ISF calibrated) and after looking at it at the dealership I'd have to say the first one looks more like it. It is definitely more red than I'd like but I might be able to live with it. The red, black, and blue sports cars have been done to death. I'm tired of seeing the silver camaro (also my room-mate has a silver charger). I think with some aftermarket black stripes all the way down it'll look bad ass.
FunkyELF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:28 PM   #17
headpunter
Not That sad..considering
 
headpunter's Avatar
 
Drives: Man
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: the part of washington the capital forgot about.
Posts: 3,747
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyELF View Post
True...also, computer monitors can be deceiving unless you're into photography and have had your monitor calibrated.
I do have to say though, I pulled it up on my TV (which was ISF calibrated) and after looking at it at the dealership I'd have to say the first one looks more like it. It is definitely more red than I'd like but I might be able to live with it. The red, black, and blue sports cars have been done to death. I'm tired of seeing the silver camaro (also my room-mate has a silver charger). I think with some aftermarket black stripes all the way down it'll look bad ass.
black or grey stripes will look awesome on IOM
__________________
headpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:23 AM   #18
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,568
my opinion...don't like the inferno orange. i think there are better 'orange' shades for it. no biggie...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:36 AM   #19
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!
 
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Wichita, Ks.
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
my opinion...don't like the inferno orange. i think there are better 'orange' shades for it. no biggie...
I would agree, the inferno orange is not horrible, I just think there are far better colors of orange out there... Maybe next year

hugger
sunset
atomic
to name a few
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:00 PM   #20
FunkyELF
 
Drives: 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyELF View Post
Thanks. I live right by a Pontiac dealership...the chevy dealership is a ways away. I will go there and check out the orange and see if I need to switch to black or cyber grey.
By the way. The guy that greeted me at the pontiac was so quick to come up and introduce himself, then he couldn't get away fast enough once I said I already ordered the camaro.

Then he came back (after talking to his manager probably) and tried some lame line like "you can get 2 solstices for the price of the camaro".

I'm sorry, but no self respecting guy under the age of 60 would ever drive one.
FunkyELF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:38 PM   #21
rolnslo
Rolling along...
 
rolnslo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyELF View Post
...
Then he came back (after talking to his manager probably) and tried some lame line like "you can get 2 solstices for the price of the camaro".
...
Did you tell him that you'd rather have all 4 seats in the same car?
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:50 PM   #22
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line
 
fixxer56's Avatar
 
Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SE Pa
Posts: 1,386
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
I like the color personally, traveled 40 mile 1 way just to make sure it was the one for me on a similar solstice.Going to look for my own aftermarket stripe package though..gloss black, not the flat they are showing
fixxer56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:55 PM   #23
FunkyELF
 
Drives: 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxer56 View Post
I like the color personally, traveled 40 mile 1 way just to make sure it was the one for me on a similar solstice.Going to look for my own aftermarket stripe package though..gloss black, not the flat they are showing
I think flat black will look good once you clear coat over it. All they have shown so far is grey...no black.
FunkyELF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:11 PM   #24
BowtieGuy
Enlightened
 
BowtieGuy's Avatar
 
Drives: Nothing Currently
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyELF View Post
By the way. The guy that greeted me at the pontiac was so quick to come up and introduce himself, then he couldn't get away fast enough once I said I already ordered the camaro.

Then he came back (after talking to his manager probably) and tried some lame line like "you can get 2 solstices for the price of the camaro".

I'm sorry, but no self respecting guy under the age of 60 would ever drive one.
I would. Nearly got one instead of the Cobalt.
__________________
If you believe it is your right to speak freely no matter the content, relevance, or intelligence of statement, then it is my duty to the powers that be to set you straight.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:59 PM   #25
Mr_Draco


 
Mr_Draco's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 6,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxer56 View Post
Going to look for my own aftermarket stripe package though..gloss black, not the flat they are showing
From what I've heard all the stripe colors are gloss.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:00 PM   #26
Mr_Draco


 
Mr_Draco's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 6,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyELF View Post
I'm sorry, but no self respecting guy under the age of 60 would ever drive one.
I almost bought one.....until I saw the front.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:19 PM   #27
FunkyELF
 
Drives: 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
I almost bought one.....until I saw the front.
I admit...they do look okay from th e back. You're right tho... front looks aweful.
FunkyELF is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spoke to my dealer that I ordered from today.... SSOOCH 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 5 10-23-2008 06:09 PM
Ordered mine today! One issue.... Gary B 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 4 10-21-2008 08:23 PM
Ordered mine today! RickyTheStorm Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 8 10-21-2008 02:23 PM
Ordered Today!!!! Whoo Hoo!! GOLDDOG Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 3 10-20-2008 06:38 PM
Ordered Camaro Today But With Problems Sizzox Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 20 10-12-2008 03:09 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.