Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2010, 08:20 PM   #69
Ruffian118
 
Ruffian118's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT SW silver stripes
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Make sure the rental company reserves a GM vehicle for ya!
I put a note on my reservation for an Impala - I was hoping for a Camaro, but in checking the rental companies out that advertise Camaros, they aren't available in Buffalo :(. Guess having a vehicle that is only "rentable" 6 months a year isn't something they want on their lots.

I did consider doing a Smokey & The Bandit run from Colorado to Oshawa in 24 hours - without the Coors (yuck!). I could substitute it for Fat Tire, though. My husband didn't think it would be a good idea...
__________________
2010 Camaro 2LT - "Spirit"
Club Elite Member #117 / Favorite 5th Gen Camaro selected by Scott Settlemire - C5FestII
Ordered: 1/25/10; Built 3/4-8/10 VIN #201262; in my driveway 3/20/10

Ruffian118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:23 PM   #70
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffian118 View Post
I put a note on my reservation for an Impala - I was hoping for a Camaro, but in checking the rental companies out that advertise Camaros, they aren't available in Buffalo :(. Guess having a vehicle that is only "rentable" 6 months a year isn't something they want on their lots.

I did consider doing a Smokey & The Bandit run from Colorado to Oshawa in 24 hours - without the Coors (yuck!). I could substitute it for Fat Tire, though. My husband didn't think it would be a good idea...
If you run that thought past Larry Miller, he just might try and convince you to join him.
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:09 PM   #71
viper1cobra
Member Club Elite #131
 
viper1cobra's Avatar
 
Drives: 1968 & 2010 SIM 2LT/RS Born 041509
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Far West TEXAS
Posts: 1,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffian118 View Post
I put a note on my reservation for an Impala - I was hoping for a Camaro, but in checking the rental companies out that advertise Camaros, they aren't available in Buffalo :(. Guess having a vehicle that is only "rentable" 6 months a year isn't something they want on their lots.

I did consider doing a Smokey & The Bandit run from Colorado to Oshawa in 24 hours - without the Coors (yuck!). I could substitute it for Fat Tire, though. My husband didn't think it would be a good idea...
We're coming from even further South, and will be driving. We are planning a three day road trip to get there. you are welcome to join in on the road somplace along the way.
__________________
viper1cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:24 PM   #72
Ruffian118
 
Ruffian118's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT SW silver stripes
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1cobra View Post
We're coming from even further South, and will be driving. We are planning a three day road trip to get there. you are welcome to join in on the road somplace along the way.
If I had the time, I'd love to make the drive. I work at a school, and I go back to work July 25. The first day of school for the kids is 8/23, so being gone for the two days right before the start was tough enough to get. But I appreciate the invite - will see you in August!
__________________
2010 Camaro 2LT - "Spirit"
Club Elite Member #117 / Favorite 5th Gen Camaro selected by Scott Settlemire - C5FestII
Ordered: 1/25/10; Built 3/4-8/10 VIN #201262; in my driveway 3/20/10

Ruffian118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:57 AM   #73
daphatgrant
June '10
 
daphatgrant's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Upstate NY (FingerLakes)
Posts: 2,397
When do you need to be registered by? I see the hotel rate is subject to change after 7/15.

Anyways I don't see any reason why I can't attend .
__________________
RJT, 2SS/RS, M6, Black Int, Sunroof.


(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:26 AM   #74
viper1cobra
Member Club Elite #131
 
viper1cobra's Avatar
 
Drives: 1968 & 2010 SIM 2LT/RS Born 041509
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Far West TEXAS
Posts: 1,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffian118 View Post
If I had the time, I'd love to make the drive. I work at a school, and I go back to work July 25. The first day of school for the kids is 8/23, so being gone for the two days right before the start was tough enough to get. But I appreciate the invite - will see you in August!
, Have a Safe Flight, and see U in August.
__________________
viper1cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:37 AM   #75
CanadianCamaro

 
CanadianCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by daphatgrant View Post
When do you need to be registered by? I see the hotel rate is subject to change after 7/15.

Anyways I don't see any reason why I can't attend .
The sooner you register the better. But we'd like to have a good idea of the numbers by mid-late July. The hotel room rates are being held until July 15th and will be available to us after that time - but only subject to availability. If we fill this hotel I have another one near-by lined-up with group rates.
__________________

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:19 PM   #76
daphatgrant
June '10
 
daphatgrant's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Upstate NY (FingerLakes)
Posts: 2,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro View Post
The sooner you register the better. But we'd like to have a good idea of the numbers by mid-late July. The hotel room rates are being held until July 15th and will be available to us after that time - but only subject to availability. If we fill this hotel I have another one near-by lined-up with group rates.
Gotcha, I'll know within the next couple weeks for sure. Going to be a yes I hope .
__________________
RJT, 2SS/RS, M6, Black Int, Sunroof.


(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:25 PM   #77
RaayRaay

 
RaayRaay's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT CGM
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

TEKILLYA.

Now, shots of Crown are a whole different story...

If there's Sambuca I'm there!!!!! Oh hell, I'll just bring my own just in case....woot woot
RaayRaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:31 PM   #78
camarorick

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: .
Posts: 2,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaayRaay View Post
If there's Sambuca I'm there!!!!! Oh hell, I'll just bring my own just in case....woot woot
HALLELUJAH .... She posts

How about Captain Morgans Coconut rum ? Very tasty
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:43 PM   #79
RaayRaay

 
RaayRaay's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT CGM
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarorick View Post
HALLELUJAH .... She posts

How about Captain Morgans Coconut rum ? Very tasty
Woot Woot... I finally exist.. I like Coconut rum also, but Sambuca hits the spot
RaayRaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:49 PM   #80
camarorick

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: .
Posts: 2,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaayRaay View Post
Woot Woot... I finally exist.. I like Coconut rum also, but Sambuca hits the spot
OMG, post #2

I'll bring the SHOT glasses, and whole coffee beans for the Sambuca shots.... We'll set them on FIRE !!!
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:52 PM   #81
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for
 
Ravirn's Avatar
 
Drives: Black SS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaayRaay View Post
Woot Woot... I finally exist.. I like Coconut rum also, but Sambuca hits the spot
Tequila, Sambuca, Crown Royal, Ouzo, Scotch... I'm there.

Absinthe... however... is my favourite!!!! Pour it over a sugar cube, light it on fire... WOOOO!

Who's up for some Absinthe shots! LOL! I'll bring my own private reserve (NOT made the Czech, way... pfft!). Absinthe is legal in Canada, ya know, so maybe we should introduce our American cousins to real liquor.

__________________
WARLOCK (Black 2SSRS LS3) - A work in progress.
Ravirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:53 PM   #82
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for
 
Ravirn's Avatar
 
Drives: Black SS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarorick View Post
OMG, post #2

I'll bring the SHOT glasses, and whole coffee beans for the Sambuca shots.... We'll set them on FIRE !!!
Just let me know where the party is...
__________________
WARLOCK (Black 2SSRS LS3) - A work in progress.
Ravirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:01 PM   #83
camarorick

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: .
Posts: 2,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravirn View Post
Just let me know where the party is...
OSHAWA !!!

Seriously, we're going to have a party room in the evenings.... Lots of fun

Absinthe.... Doesn't that stuff make you hallucinate ?
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:24 PM   #84
bamaproshop
 
bamaproshop's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 351
Send a message via MSN to bamaproshop Send a message via Yahoo to bamaproshop
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro View Post
First post updated with some information.

I also realized I should have asked everyone to include in their registration email where they're coming from. So far, I know we've got one person driving from Alberta and someone else flying in from Colorado . Post up where you're coming from


Don't Delay - Register Today!!

Driving from Montgomery, Alabama
__________________
2014 Camaro 2LT RS with Spring Edition Package
Proud Litho Owner #28.
bamaproshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:00 AM   #85
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for
 
Ravirn's Avatar
 
Drives: Black SS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarorick View Post
OSHAWA !!!

Seriously, we're going to have a party room in the evenings.... Lots of fun

Absinthe.... Doesn't that stuff make you hallucinate ?
Um. Yes, it can... but rarely. In order to feel THOSE effects to need to have enough so that you can feel a buzz, but not be drunk.

Most people have a hard time holding back and go all in. I'm not saying I've done it, I'm just SAYIN'!
__________________
WARLOCK (Black 2SSRS LS3) - A work in progress.
Ravirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
oshawa rocks!, you should be coming here!

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oshawa Meet and Greet Part Deux... trm0002 Canada 510 11-28-2010 05:35 PM
6th Annual Michigan FBody Meet & Greet 2010 meissen USA - Great Lakes 126 06-08-2010 07:49 PM
Toronto Star Article Oct 10th 2009 - Oshawa Meet & Greet RetroDude Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 24 10-14-2009 09:11 AM
Montreal Area Folks -OSHAWA Meet Oct. 2nd RickRay Canada 71 10-06-2009 09:18 AM
Michigan FBody Meet & Greet, May 30th, Milford Michigan meissen USA - Great Lakes 23 05-30-2009 11:24 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.