Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2008, 03:07 AM   #1
blakeequalshyphy
 
blakeequalshyphy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black Camaro
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California
Posts: 130
Thumbs up Ambient Lighting!

So I went to the LA Autoshow VIP tonight and it was nothing really special (for the Camaro). Two show car Camaros (Can't sit in them or anything. They were blocked off). Camaro Black and a silver Camaro SS (non RS). Of course I took pictures, but I didn't really find the need to post them, since we've seen these cars a million times, but the ONLY thing I didn't understand was the whole ambient lighting thing because we really have never seen it, suprisingly. So I asked the person in charge to show me. The Camaro Black did not have ambient lighting but the silver SS did. It had the inferno orange trim package on it and when he turned on the lights, I faintly saw what exactly the ambient lighting was. It was bright in the convention center so it was hard to see, which bummed me out. I pretty much EXACTLY like the Camaro Ignition video on YouTube here:
. I took a video of it and I will post it soon, but if anyone goes tomorrow get a better video of it (my camera phone wasn't the best quality). Overall I was very impressed that the ambient lighting is what it was projected to be. I can't imagine, I saw it when lights were everywhere..I can't imagine it at night

I'll just post one picture (cause it was taken by my friend)
blakeequalshyphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:32 AM   #2
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic
 
GoldFire's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 435
Sweet, looking forward to seeing the video. Looking forward to seeing it myself from the driver's seat even more though!
__________________
2LT/RS [Victory Red] | GoldFire Studios
GoldFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:39 AM   #3
donjr4
Dark Knight
 
donjr4's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: buffalo
Posts: 25
Send a message via AIM to donjr4
sweet! anxious to see....
donjr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:17 AM   #4
Matrix

 
Matrix's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 1,520
Sweet pic!!! Cant wait for your vid too!
__________________
SIM Camaro 2010 V8-2SS/RS-A6!!+
Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:47 AM   #5
gzmo
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wellington, Florida
Posts: 38
vid vid vid! The youtube video though is very similar to the actual working product, but I would LOVE to see it in person
gzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:35 AM   #6
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzmo View Post
vid vid vid! The youtube video though is very similar to the actual working product, but I would LOVE to see it in person
+1
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:50 AM   #7
MerlinZero
Big Orange
 
MerlinZero's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 1,170
That black conept is still freakin awesome.
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:52 AM   #8
zebra
just can't seem to leave
 
zebra's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cold & windy
Posts: 10,518

or video in this case
__________________
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 12:11 PM   #9
TJ91
:chevy:
 
TJ91's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,874
Finally, ive been craving to see what the orange-red ambient lighting looks like. I hope the whole panel glows. Based on the colour of the lighting, if its red or orange or a mix of the two, then i can buy my interior ligihting
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:59 PM   #10
StoutFiles
 
StoutFiles's Avatar
 
Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 733
Quote:
I took a video of it and I will post it soon
Why not now? It takes one minute to put it on Youtube.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:03 PM   #11
D1BADZ
hmmmmm
 
D1BADZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM in-n-out 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Jose, Ca
Posts: 1,325
come on, I want to see real ambient lighting in person
D1BADZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 04:16 PM   #12
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cedarburg, WI
Posts: 6,802
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Hopefully that issue with the A.L. will be corrected before the production start....They said they hope it will be ready -
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 04:53 PM   #13
scotchsride09
It's STARSCREAM!!!
 
scotchsride09's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 Nissan Frontier S/C DR
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Hopefully that issue with the A.L. will be corrected before the production start....They said they hope it will be ready -
Pardon me if this is now common knowledge but... what issue, Scotty?
__________________
Did I mention I have a sense of humor?

Right now it's an '03 Nissan Frontier Supercharged Desert Runner I call Starscream.

On order is a 1SS/ RS IBM with Black Rally Stripes, Beige Interior, manual transmission and a sunroof! Oh, and a stereo upgrade too! Ordered from CamaroScotty in WI. How will I get my baby home?
scotchsride09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:20 PM   #14
Shadowsong
 
Drives: 2005 Mustang
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Conroe, Texas
Posts: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchsride09 View Post
Pardon me if this is now common knowledge but... what issue, Scotty?
This is the first I've heard of it... so I don't think its common knowledge yet....


Please go on scotty...
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:30 PM   #15
Primus
2G1FF1EV0A9113319
 
Primus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,139
maybe that will be our first restraint....
__________________
2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6 Black
1100: 10/13/2008
2000: 4/02/2009
3000: 4/08/2009
3300: 5/14/2009
3400: 5/21/2009
3800: 5/28/2009 VIN: 2G1FF1EV0A9113319
4000: 5/28/2009
4150: 5/28/2009
4B00: 5/28/2009

Delivered: 6/10/2009
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:45 PM   #16
detroitboy
Pinholic
 
detroitboy's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 Silverado, 08 Shelby GT500 Conv.
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Macomb, Mi
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinZero View Post
That black conept is still freakin awesome.
Ditto X 87!
__________________
Almost had a 2SS/RS, IOM, orange accent interior, 6 speed manual, sunroof & polished wheels

ordered 01/19/07
3000 - 2/27/09
3400 - 3/27/09
3800 - 4/17/09 (built and lost in the vortex)
ship date ??????? (I gave up and got a GT500)
5/11/09 - order cancelled
5/27/09 - vehicle arrived at dealership for whoever bought it after me
detroitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:59 PM   #17
fbodfather


 
fbodfather's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros................
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Grosse Pointe Farms, MI (suburban Detroit)
Posts: 4,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakeequalshyphy View Post
So I went to the LA Autoshow VIP tonight and it was nothing really special (for the Camaro). Two show car Camaros (Can't sit in them or anything. They were blocked off). Camaro Black and a silver Camaro SS (non RS). Of course I took pictures, but I didn't really find the need to post them, since we've seen these cars a million times, but the ONLY thing I didn't understand was the whole ambient lighting thing because we really have never seen it, suprisingly. So I asked the person in charge to show me. The Camaro Black did not have ambient lighting but the silver SS did. It had the inferno orange trim package on it and when he turned on the lights, I faintly saw what exactly the ambient lighting was. It was bright in the convention center so it was hard to see, which bummed me out. I pretty much EXACTLY like the Camaro Ignition video on YouTube here:
. I took a video of it and I will post it soon, but if anyone goes tomorrow get a better video of it (my camera phone wasn't the best quality). Overall I was very impressed that the ambient lighting is what it was projected to be. I can't imagine, I saw it when lights were everywhere..I can't imagine it at night

I'll just post one picture (cause it was taken by my friend)
I AM GOING TO BREAK HIS ARM................... (for turning on the lights...)


The Ambient lighting on the Silver car does not work like it should...and there's a reason for that.

The car was built LAST DECEMBER --

We are putting the finishing touches on Ambient Lighting - and when it's ready, we can hardly wait to show it to you because it's a really cool thing......

But I certainly don't want you to see it 'half-done' - which is what happened last night.

**pushing buttons on phone**

** contacting Drivers of Black suburbans in L.A. Basin.....**
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ambient lighting kozzmo49 Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 45 02-10-2010 06:13 PM
Ambient Lighting??? CDBiker220 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 11 11-06-2008 10:39 AM
Ambient Lighting fsuredneck Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 26 10-29-2008 10:39 PM
Ambient Lighting RonManR Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 41 10-16-2008 10:17 AM
Ambient Lighting/ Custom Headrests? ucla1ove3 Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 20 09-05-2008 05:52 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.