Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 06-19-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
Ironfall96

Drives: IBM 2 SS/RS
Thumbs up Ironfall's new 2SS/RS

Every since I saw the Camaro Concept at the 2006 Chicago autoshow (I was 15 then), I told myself, someday I WILL have that car. Once I turned 16 I got got a job at a local animal hospital which I still work at. I worked my ass off because I wanted to save up for this car. Fast forward 3+ years and here I am today, 19 years old, owning a brand new 2010 2SS/RS Camaro. My dream, finally came true!

I've been told by many people "You saved all that money to buy a car, what a bad investment" or "Why'd you waste your money on that?" You know what I say to them? Shove it where the sun don't shine. It's my life, and I'll do want. I've wanted this for a long time, and I'm not going to have my thunder taken by ignorant people.

Anyways, enough of that, on with the pictures of my baby! (Still haven't named her)

Here are some pictures when I get her from the dealership.

So since I used almost all my money to buy the car, I had to wait a bit to start putting mods into the car. As of right now I'm just going to stick with looks, and the engine can wait (400+ hp is enough for me). So I started out with a blackout kit from thecamarodecalstore.com. Reggie is a great guy there and has great communication. The full kit (fog lights, front turn signals, front and back side markers, tail lights and reverse lights) is a great deal imo. You can read up more about them, but for the price (esspecially if your trying to save money) You can't beat em. I will say they look better far away, or at night. Up close they have little holes so that light can pass through (picture #2), but around 5-10 ft away you can't tell the difference. ANYWAYS... Enough talking, heres some pics

Well thats all I have for now. I've got some splash guards that I have yet to put on so when they do i'll be sure to post it up here. Thanks!

Marco
Ironfall96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:08 PM   #2
motor1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/M6.....no longer
Good for you, working and earning something that you wanted. Do not worry about what others say, you are the one who worked for it. Side note, how bad is the insurance at your age?
motor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:45 PM   #3
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Congrats and ignore the jealous critics.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:52 AM   #4
Ironfall96

Drives: IBM 2 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by motor1 View Post
Good for you, working and earning something that you wanted. Do not worry about what others say, you are the one who worked for it. Side note, how bad is the insurance at your age?

I put it under my dads name for that reason. I (nor would my dad) ever be able to pay that much. If it were under my name I would guess it would be in the 9-10k a year range.
Ironfall96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:15 AM   #5
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Congrats on getting your dream car. Beautiful IBM.
You are young so take the time to really enjoy what you have purchased.

Keep the mods simple and have fun. (And please be safe out there...)