Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 06-20-2010, 03:36 AM   #51
Brownhornitt

Drives: 2006 White Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
well I was interested in adding the homelink buttons, but then I saw the price for them. I'll stick with the remote clipped to my visor.
I just stuck mine up there with double sided mounting tape to the place where the homelink should be. We'll see how long it stays.

Good news is it was free if it doesn't work out.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:39 PM   #52
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj_ View Post
Does anyone know if you can just get the homelink without the console? I have the opening for the homelink in the console, just not the homelink. (Sunroof console)
I couldn't find the answer to this? can you get just the module with out the whole console? or is there a similar console that you can use?
christianmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:11 AM   #53
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Good news folks... I FINALLY got the connectors from the manufacturer that I requested. They aren't the exact connectors but, they will work with some slight modification. I should have a non-invasive solution to this in a few days. It will be plug n play... no cutting or crimping involved.

When I get it finalized, I will post a pic.

And yes, it sometimes takes this long to get parts from these manufacturers. That's why it costs a few extra bucks to make these things. There's a lot of legwork involved in making a harness like this.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:34 PM   #54
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
Good news folks... I FINALLY got the connectors from the manufacturer that I requested. They aren't the exact connectors but, they will work with some slight modification. I should have a non-invasive solution to this in a few days. It will be plug n play... no cutting or crimping involved.

And yes, it sometimes takes this long to get parts from these manufacturers. That's why it costs a few extra bucks to make these things. There's a lot of legwork involved in making a harness like this.

We'll be waiting!! Thanks again Darth!!!
Old 08-15-2010, 09:04 AM   #55
white light

Drives: 2010 Camaro
great info guys
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:02 PM   #56
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:

Any updates?
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:31 AM   #57
JasonK

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I'm interested in a harness when they are available. Thanks for the hard work!
JasonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:25 AM   #58
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Drives: 2010 SS
Any news? I'd be interested as well. I love this forum. I sit on my fat a$$ and read all the ingenious mods and upgrades that some brainiacs figure out and I reap the rewards. Thanks for the hard work!!!
BUMBLE-B-TUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:26 AM   #59
Brownhornitt

Drives: 2006 White Corvette Convertible
My double sided tape idea didn't work. Back to the clip on the sunvisor.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:42 AM   #60
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

The connectors I received are not exact matches to the ones needed for a passthru harness. I modded what I got so they will fit and work but, they are far from ideal. Unfortunately, they didn't send me any sockets (pins) for the connectors so, I'm at a standstill until I get those. Sometimes I have something that will work but, that isn't the case for these. I still have the option of the actual homelink connector with two wires and the crimp splices but, it's hard telling when I'll have pins for the plug n play option. Sorry guys... just how it goes when you're not a big corporation trying to get something built. When you're just some shmoe working in your basement they don't really feel a big urge to help you out.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:36 AM   #61
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
The connectors I received are not exact matches to the ones needed for a passthru harness. I modded what I got so they will fit and work but, they are far from ideal. Unfortunately, they didn't send me any sockets (pins) for the connectors so, I'm at a standstill until I get those. Sometimes I have something that will work but, that isn't the case for these. I still have the option of the actual homelink connector with two wires and the crimp splices but, it's hard telling when I'll have pins for the plug n play option. Sorry guys... just how it goes when you're not a big corporation trying to get something built. When you're just some shmoe working in your basement they don't really feel a big urge to help you out.
Darth, we all appreciate what you are doing!!! Please don't feel stressed about any of this, as you are doing us a favor, not an obligation!! Still...

Thanks again!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 11:11 PM   #62
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
No worries, good things come to those who wait. Keep up the good work.
BUMBLE-B-TUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:19 AM   #63
Cj_

Drives: 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianmotox View Post
I couldn't find the answer to this? can you get just the module with out the whole console? or is there a similar console that you can use?
I ended up getting the same console as everyone else. Wired to the pink wire as instructed.

The sunroof console, has the mounts for the homelink, just not the cutouts. The non-sunroof console does not have mounts for the sunroof controls. So I took a dremmel and cut out the hole in my original console for the homelink.

Worked fairly well.

Cj
Cj_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:33 PM   #64
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
Bump and bookmarked .

***Edit***
Just saw this, if anything it's interesting.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/patrickkeane/39518758/

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)

Last edited by daphatgrant; 10-03-2010 at 03:28 PM.
daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:23 PM   #65
Coop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
I want a harness as well,
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:19 PM   #66
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

I've sent out a couple of the splice tap versions of the harness. I have a guy at the manufacturer I'm going to talk to tomorrow about the pass through connector and pins. So hopefully we'll get somewhere. I had to call down the thunder from a GM department head so the manufacturer guy is a bit more responsive to my needs now.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:10 AM   #67
Big Brunsy

Drives: Silverado
Darth, do you still have some of the crimp connector ones left?
Old 10-13-2010, 08:03 AM   #68
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Yeah Big Brunsy, I have 3 left actually. I haven't heard from the other 2 guys I sent them to so, I'm assuming they didn't have any problems. Hit me with a pm if interested.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:44 PM   #69
1FINE 69

Drives: 2010 synergy green and a 1991 rs
any pic to see what we are looking at??
1FINE 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:15 PM   #70
y2k king

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
so i've got a 2011 iss and i'll need a new mounting module for the rear view mirror, a new mirror and your adapter just to get the garage door opener and rear view to auto dim?
Old 12-26-2010, 08:57 PM   #71
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
I've sent out a couple of the splice tap versions of the harness. I have a guy at the manufacturer I'm going to talk to tomorrow about the pass through connector and pins. So hopefully we'll get somewhere. I had to call down the thunder from a GM department head so the manufacturer guy is a bit more responsive to my needs now.

do you have any idea what the part number is for the connector body is that they sent you? the pins are likely available from Mouser.com - they have MANY delphi and/or tyco connectors. -if it's a Yazaki, then maybe not so much
Toasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:31 PM   #72
1FINE 69

I got a console with sun roof and garage door opener on e-bay.I only want to get the garage door to work. I then had to buy a new garage door motor for the garage for the home link to work .now I find out from the Dealer that the switch may not work if I don't have the right BCM ,the switch won't send the right signal for the car to read it so now what do I do?? and does my car have the right harness to plug it in ??? I'm on vac. and can't check my car for afew more days does anyone know about this??
Old 02-15-2011, 09:57 PM   #73
khislop007
ZEUSS

Drives: Hard!
Is it possible just to find the homelink buttons without the console?

My car is an export model (I live in the Cayman Islands) so it doesn't have homelink or onstar but I have the 2SS and it seems I have the connector for the homelink so I'm in luck there!
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2011, 10:59 PM   #74
khislop007
ZEUSS

Drives: Hard!
With a little searching......the part number for the:

transmitter including bracket to hold it in place is part# 92219505 ($98.79)

and the buttons (black) is part# 92219247 ($7.02)

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/
Old 02-16-2011, 05:21 AM   #75
1FINE 69

could you please tell me how easy it was to take your console off?? I have an extra one that has the home link to install but it looks like it may have 2 mounting screws that hold it to the roof that are above the light and have no access with out prying ,please tell me that the 4 white clips are the only things holding it in and not screws.I'm in upstate NY AND ITS TO COLD to work on plastic so I wait . thanks