Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-01-2010, 12:30 PM   #155
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Are you back in town?
For now. Balls to the wall at work since my family takes our big annual vacation in July. I may have to jet to California again real quick but will probably give that to a PM this time. Too much stuff to do, too little time. No different than many of you...

P.S. Just had one of the guys get back picking up the new little 6 foot hull today. You know why...
Old 07-01-2010, 02:06 PM   #156
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
For now. Balls to the wall at work since my family takes our big annual vacation in July. I may have to jet to California again real quick but will probably give that to a PM this time. Too much stuff to do, too little time. No different than many of you...

P.S. Just had one of the guys get back picking up the new little 6 foot hull today. You know why...
Heh heh

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:41 PM   #157
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I vote that this is the most fantastic thread ever!

speedster, thank you so much for sharing this with all of us.

What I find incredibly peculiar is that speedster occasionally stops by to visit and comment in my comparatively pathetic little car journal. And here I was all excited about getting a supercharger... pfffffft - that's just kid stuff!

Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:16 PM   #158
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Bruce has always been there to help me with my "build"

He seems to genuinely want to help the rest of us built the cars we want, the right way.

He's been a huge help to me for sure.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:27 PM   #159
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I vote that this is the most fantastic thread ever!

speedster, thank you so much for sharing this with all of us.

What I find incredibly peculiar is that speedster occasionally stops by to visit and comment in my comparatively pathetic little car journal. And here I was all excited about getting a supercharger... pfffffft - that's just kid stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Bruce has always been there to help me with my "build"

He seems to genuinely want to help the rest of us built the cars we want, the right way.

He's been a huge help to me for sure.

Hey - Don't kid yourself. Your cars both rock! Everyone does things a little different. That is what makes the Camaro so cool. Stock, small mods, medium mods, major mods - regardless of what level they all look and run excellent. ...And we all get to help each other out here and have fun at events like C5 Fest and local gatherings... Plus I will guarantee that both of you can lay stripes anywhere you want.

One is just a person.
Two is a couple.
Three or more is a group.
Camaro 5 - that is a movement !!

Last edited by speedster; 07-05-2010 at 09:59 PM.
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:37 PM   #160
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
I just wanted to come back here and say, that you are basically doing my dream build. Except that in my dream it's a 70' Chevelle.

I love it.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #161
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Bruce

Its hard to believe this car was once on our Camaro assembly line ! Looking forward to seeing the final results . All the best from Oshawa .

Mike
Super60

In Memory of Dawson Ellert .
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:48 PM   #162
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by super60 View Post
Bruce

Its hard to believe this car was once on our Camaro assembly line ! Looking forward to seeing the final results . All the best from Oshawa .

Mike
Super60
Hey Mike -

Thanks buddy !! I hope to see you and your 2011 at C5 Fest 2. It would be great to go cruisin'.

But I will say - if it wasn't for you and your most awesome team in Oshawa we wouldn't even have had such a great car to start with !!

Going to be up in A-Bay and B'ville in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to it. Love the river up there.

Take Care.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:50 PM   #163
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Hey Mike -

Thanks buddy !! I hope to see you and your 2011 at C5 Fest 2. It would be great to go cruisin'.

But I will say - if it wasn't for you and your most awesome team in Oshawa we wouldn't even have had such a great car to start with !!
Going to be up in A-Bay and B'ville in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to it. Love the river up there.

Take Care.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:37 PM   #164
alab32

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
This... is an amazing build. I wish I would have seen this prior because I just sat here and had my wife watching me read all 7 pages of this. Amazing! I can not wait to see the finished product. Impressive!
alab32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:06 PM   #165
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alab32 View Post
This... is an amazing build. I wish I would have seen this prior because I just sat here and had my wife watching me read all 7 pages of this. Amazing! I can not wait to see the finished product. Impressive!

Thanks for the compliment and I hope you enjoyed it. I will be adding some more build pics. Next up - the cooling system and then suspension. One system at a time...
Old 07-05-2010, 09:31 PM   #166
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Man, I just read what I've missed in the past few months, and with the updated pictures, I'm in awe. You truly have an amazing build going on. I hope to see it at some point before it leaves California. Maybe you'll have to take a road trip up to SF to tune it. =P

Two thumbs up and keep it going. I may have a few questions about builds myself before too long.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:50 AM   #167
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
7 pages down and I had no idea....

I'd heard of the build, but never knew until I actually jumped in the thread and hit every page....I gotta say, I'm speechless!

I have to say that you are one lucky guy. I mean this in the most respectful way I can. There are those of us who dream about it....then there are those of us who actually get to sit down in the seat of the Camaro and drive it off the lot...then those of us who get to add bits and pieces to make it "theirs," ....and then there's the "speedster" mod. I see superchargers going on some of these bad boys and a few of my buds have gotten to be able to play. I lay my head down at night and dream of my "little list" that is ever growing in my build thread....hehe.... But then I took a peek in here.

HOLY *#*$%&#*#(@!!!!!!!!!!!!

What it comes down to is...there are builds....and then there are builds...

Good sir, this looks to be "that" build thread that makes everyone's eyes bulge a bit more, makes the husbands turn to their wives and say, "See honey? Like that. That's what I really want to do."

With that, I'm subscribed.

You have an awesome build going on and when it's done, this is going to be the biggest and best BUILT car in existence. There IS NO OTHER like it.

But you'd better watch out....cause when I win the lotto, I'm copying your build!!!

LMAO!!!

Congrats on everything. I can't wait to see the finished product in person one of these days (and sure has hell can't wait to see it in some videos).

Thanks for the read!!!

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:24 PM   #168
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Man, I just read what I've missed in the past few months, and with the updated pictures, I'm in awe. You truly have an amazing build going on. I hope to see it at some point before it leaves California. Maybe you'll have to take a road trip up to SF to tune it. =P

Two thumbs up and keep it going. I may have a few questions about builds myself before too long.
Thank You Mindz. But you know, that's what happens when you get MARRIED !!! The past few months have been a blur, but that's a good thing... It means you are having fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
7 pages down and I had no idea....

I'd heard of the build, but never knew until I actually jumped in the thread and hit every page....I gotta say, I'm speechless! You speechless ? We'll have to get back to you on that one after consulting with Mrs. TAG

I have to say that you are one lucky guy. I mean this in the most respectful way I can. There are those of us who dream about it....then there are those of us who actually get to sit down in the seat of the Camaro and drive it off the lot...then those of us who get to add bits and pieces to make it "theirs," ....and then there's the "speedster" mod. I see superchargers going on some of these bad boys and a few of my buds have gotten to be able to play. I lay my head down at night and dream of my "little list" that is ever growing in my build thread....hehe.... But then I took a peek in here. You have an awesome list going...

HOLY *#*$%&#*#(@!!!!!!!!!!!!

What it comes down to is...there are builds....and then there are builds...

Good sir, this looks to be "that" build thread that makes everyone's eyes bulge a bit more, makes the husbands turn to their wives and say, "See honey? Like that. That's what I really want to do."

With that, I'm subscribed. Thanks for the vote of confidence. I promise it will be completed...

You have an awesome build going on and when it's done, this is going to be the biggest and best BUILT car in existence. There IS NO OTHER like it.

But you'd better watch out....cause when I win the lotto, I'm copying your build!!!

LMAO!!!

Congrats on everything. I can't wait to see the finished product in person one of these days (and sure has hell can't wait to see it in some videos).

Thanks for the read!!!

D -

Thank You so much for your very kind words. It has been planned forever and the execution is taking longer than expected, but it should be worth it in the end. Some of the design changed in the past year as newer technology became available. You know the way it is - "Look at this new stuff - OK, just this one more thing..."

Anyway, glad you enjoy the making of the SST. If some C5 members can gleen some ideas or information from the build pages that would be great.

When all is said and done, I just hope to be able to cruise with you guys because that is when the fun begins. Just like you got to do at C5Fest on the cruise or the track or dirt or McDonalds...

Thanks Again.
-B

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo