Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2010, 12:42 PM   #71
BA-Jackpot
 
BA-Jackpot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2 SS Camaro white/ Orange stripes
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Loretto Tennessee
Posts: 78
Camaropete, it appears you , for some reason, are criticizing my driving , instead of helping. I didnt have the car in launch mode. I told you what happened.
It seems the same as what happened to most others in this thread. Your comments here are more like accusations. so thanks for nothing.
I am reading about everyone having this problem. Now that it happened to me , I get the cold shoulder. So again, Thanks for nothing.
EDIT:
Dont put words in my mouth, or tell what I done, when it is not what said.
BA-Jackpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:01 AM   #72
camaropete
I love crepes
 
camaropete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,571
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA-Jackpot View Post
Camaropete, it appears you , for some reason, are criticizing my driving , instead of helping. I didnt have the car in launch mode. I told you what happened.
It seems the same as what happened to most others in this thread. Your comments here are more like accusations. so thanks for nothing.
I am reading about everyone having this problem. Now that it happened to me , I get the cold shoulder. So again, Thanks for nothing.
EDIT:
Dont put words in my mouth, or tell what I done, when it is not what said.
I am not trying to be mean nor am I speaking on behalf of GM. I am most definitely questioning your driving based on your description. I have been driving manual transmissions for over 18 years now. I have never done what you have described above for any reason and I am not sure why you would. I also question why you are looking for a solution to something that happened one time under what I would consider from your description mis-use. If the problem repeats itself under normal driving conditions then you have a reason for concern. At that time, come back to this thread and there are folks that will be more than happy to help out.

Again, I am not trying to be mean and I certainly wasn't there to witness what happened. I am simply trying to vet out real issues that people are having trouble getting resolved.
__________________
camaropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:50 AM   #73
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,495
OK...

There is no way we could ever diagnose a the cause of a problem here online...

So, with that in mind. This thread is here to provide you a way to escalate your concern. Pete has no say in whether your car is ultimately fixed. So take this thread for what it is...

You have to convince GM that there is a problem. I will say that GM has replaced multiple clutches with a similar problem.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78079

So bottom line,

There is no need to get upset here.

If you want to be angry with the dealer then so be it.

But in the end this is a vehicle to help you get resolution. Not a guarantee.

FWIW.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:54 PM   #74
BA-Jackpot
 
BA-Jackpot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2 SS Camaro white/ Orange stripes
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Loretto Tennessee
Posts: 78
Appaerantly camaropete thinks I cant drive;cause I have written something he dont like??
I said I let the clutch all the way out all at once, or quickly, ( something like that) to make sure you know, I DIDNT slip the clutch. I also said it wasnt in launch mode.
So why did he explain to me how use it?
I also said I put the pedal down. That is the throttle, how else do you get the car to go? Does he have another way to get a car to go??
He also said I have abused my car... Do I know him? Does he live next door??
I havent been to the dragstrip, I havent abused my car, I HAVE driven over the speed limit. I havent done burnouts, And I am just now turning the traction control off once in a while just to see the difference in driving.
So why does this stranger who seems to want to help; tell me I dont know how to drive?
I dont care how long he has drivin a manual shift. I think he is a know it all.
Later.
BA-Jackpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:24 AM   #75
camaropete
I love crepes
 
camaropete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,571
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA-Jackpot View Post
Appaerantly camaropete thinks I cant drive;cause I have written something he dont like??
I said I let the clutch all the way out all at once, or quickly, ( something like that) to make sure you know, I DIDNT slip the clutch. I also said it wasnt in launch mode.
So why did he explain to me how use it?
I also said I put the pedal down. That is the throttle, how else do you get the car to go? Does he have another way to get a car to go??
He also said I have abused my car... Do I know him? Does he live next door??
I havent been to the dragstrip, I havent abused my car, I HAVE driven over the speed limit. I havent done burnouts, And I am just now turning the traction control off once in a while just to see the difference in driving.
So why does this stranger who seems to want to help; tell me I dont know how to drive?
I dont care how long he has drivin a manual shift. I think he is a know it all.
Later.

BA-Jackpot, Sorry if I offended you. As I said, that wasn't my intent. I definitely wasn't turning this into something personal. Have you had any other issues with your clutch since you first experienced the behavior you described? If you have, then I would take the car back to the dealer and see if you can reproduce it for them. If you can and they still aren't correcting the issue to your satisfaction, then come back here and follow the escalation procedure outlined in this thread.
__________________
camaropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:57 AM   #76
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA-Jackpot View Post
Appaerantly camaropete thinks I cant drive;cause I have written something he dont like??
I said I let the clutch all the way out all at once, or quickly, ( something like that) to make sure you know, I DIDNT slip the clutch. I also said it wasnt in launch mode.
So why did he explain to me how use it?
I also said I put the pedal down. That is the throttle, how else do you get the car to go? Does he have another way to get a car to go??
He also said I have abused my car... Do I know him? Does he live next door??
I havent been to the dragstrip, I havent abused my car, I HAVE driven over the speed limit. I havent done burnouts, And I am just now turning the traction control off once in a while just to see the difference in driving.
So why does this stranger who seems to want to help; tell me I dont know how to drive?
I dont care how long he has drivin a manual shift. I think he is a know it all.
Later.
you are entitled to your opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
BA-Jackpot, Sorry if I offended you. As I said, that wasn't my intent. I definitely wasn't turning this into something personal. Have you had any other issues with your clutch since you first experienced the behavior you described? If you have, then I would take the car back to the dealer and see if you can reproduce it for them. If you can and they still aren't correcting the issue to your satisfaction, then come back here and follow the escalation procedure outlined in this thread.
thanks for the clarification.

Back on topic Boys.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:40 PM   #77
BA-Jackpot
 
BA-Jackpot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2 SS Camaro white/ Orange stripes
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Loretto Tennessee
Posts: 78
gtahvit.
I like that blue. If that is your car, it is a great choice in colors.
Carry on.
BA-Jackpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:55 PM   #78
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA-Jackpot View Post
gtahvit.
I like that blue. If that is your car, it is a great choice in colors.
Carry on.
Thanks very much. It is my ride. I wasn't sure about the blue before I got it. But I'm real happy with it now.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:46 AM   #79
camaropete
I love crepes
 
camaropete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,571
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
I wanted to add a note here (and I will edit it into my original post) that if you have contacted or state you are going to contact a lawyer my ability to assist you will be limited. I know some people get frustrated with dealing with these issues and I don't blame them. In fact, I completely understand. I just want to be upfront and honest with what I can and can't help with.
__________________
camaropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:59 PM   #80
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover
 
calbert1999's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario (Canada)
Posts: 2,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSPooler2010 View Post
In June 09 we ordered our 2010 1SS. Two days later after reading up on this forum I went back and upgraded to the 2SS. I really wanted the USB option for my Ipod ( yeah this is the female pooler not the male) but I also figured that for $2300 I should upgrade because I didnt want to kick myself for not spending the little extra to get the 2SS. Anyway, after some problems with the dealership and a call to the Customer Relations Number the car arrived and we picked it up on 9-18-2009. I had the car in the shop the following week with a problem with the USB feature. I would be driving and then all of a sudden it would stop playing the IPod and give me a "No Data" message and kick me over to the radio. Not long after the first trip to the shop we were dropping it off again for the same problem. And again. Skipping forward as the car was "stored" at the end of November because of the nasty winters here. April 1st we took the car out of storage and got to drive it again....still same problem. I took it back in to the dealership AGAIN (FOUR TIMES FOR THE SAME PROBLEM). Atleast this time they were telling me that there was a service bulletin and I am being told that there just needed to be basically an operating system update. So I dropped the car off and was given a base model ford focus that drove like crap. I was not pleased. Anyway getting off topic supposedly this fixed the problem... yet it still happens everytime I am in the car. I called customer care yesterday and was told that they would call me back yesterday. I finally get a return call after 2pm today. I called them back only to be told that it was immediately escalated and that I would get a call tomorrow afternoon. I asked to speak with a Supervisor or Manager twice I called for this only to placed on hold for over 20 minutes each time. Then they would come back and tell me that a Supervisor or a Manager was not available.

I am SOOOOO aggrevated. I LOVE this car but I am really tired of having to put it in the shop and having to drive a little crap box around instead of my gorgeous car. I am blessed that I didnt have to finance the car and I paid cash....So I have to tell you I am sorely tempted to sell the damn thing and go with something else. I was patient about all of this until the last time it was in the shop. It should not take 5 trip into the shop to fix a problem like this. But no one at GM seems to care that I am upset or even understand WHY I would be upset about this.

So far I am NOT impressed with the customer care department. I am truly hoping that they surprise me.
I have the same problem with a brand new 160gb. iPod. My honest opinion is; It's not the USB connection. Sometimes, the iPods will freeze up and you have to re-boot them regardless if it's attached via USB to your car, home reciever or just plugged into your earbuds.
Obviously, if / when this happens anything attached to the iPod will get bumped or just do nothing.
In the case of the Camaro, it's kind of a neat feature that it bumps you to the radio instead of freezing up. At, least you can do something other than re-start you vehicle like I've seen in very high end vehicles like Porsche. And, again in that case it wasn't the car it was the brand of in dash navigation.
Next time this happens, un-plug the iPod, and it will sometimes un-freeze just by un-plugging; If not hold down the up button and the centre button on the iPod simultaneously for about a minut, until it shuts-down, and then it will re-boot. At, that point you can plug it back in the USB port on the vehicle.
Another thing you can do is us iTunes to upgrade the firmware on the iPod device (if there is an upgrade available), to see if that resolves the problem.
Hope this helps.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:54 PM   #81
CamaroKitty
 
Drives: 2010 Silver Ice 2LT RS V6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Echo, Louisiana
Posts: 12
I got my 2010 camaro in may last year. Before I paid my first note I had brought the car in for paint peeling, clicking noise, belt noise, hood not lined up with car body, trunk spoiler coming off, driver door doesn't line up with dash, etc. I have left work many days to go back and forth with this car over the past year. Unfortunately not all of the issues have been completely resolved to my satisfaction. The service deartment I am working with are nice but I am just not satisfied with all of these issues with a new car. I have had two different case numbers with GM. When is enough enough? The car was brought in five times for the ssame issue! And..it still does it sporatically and the service department cant get it to reproduce now. Now after a year of misery and not enjoying my car...I find out that my two front tires are wearing on the inside...cupping. Was told it was due to the tight suspension. Rear tires are wearing even. Tire pressure always good. What gives?? Any help would be appreciated.
CamaroKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:52 PM   #82
BlackenedSS
 
BlackenedSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS Black on Black Camaro
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Magnolia, TX
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Also, anyone who uses the process please post your results so others can see how things were handled.
I waited forever to get my parts when the service manager suggeted that I call them. Miraculously, three days later my driveshaft was in
BlackenedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:03 AM   #83
camaropete
I love crepes
 
camaropete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,571
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKitty View Post
I got my 2010 camaro in may last year. Before I paid my first note I had brought the car in for paint peeling, clicking noise, belt noise, hood not lined up with car body, trunk spoiler coming off, driver door doesn't line up with dash, etc. I have left work many days to go back and forth with this car over the past year. Unfortunately not all of the issues have been completely resolved to my satisfaction. The service deartment I am working with are nice but I am just not satisfied with all of these issues with a new car. I have had two different case numbers with GM. When is enough enough? The car was brought in five times for the ssame issue! And..it still does it sporatically and the service department cant get it to reproduce now. Now after a year of misery and not enjoying my car...I find out that my two front tires are wearing on the inside...cupping. Was told it was due to the tight suspension. Rear tires are wearing even. Tire pressure always good. What gives?? Any help would be appreciated.
Very sorry to hear that you are having issues. Have you followed the escalation procedure for those items that haven't been resolved by the dealer? If not, I would do that next. I would also make sure that you have everything documented as thoroughly as possible.
__________________
camaropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:37 PM   #84
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy
 
KeepItGreasey's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 850
my troubles

hey Pete, here's an updated copy of my service history for my Camaro...
Attached Files
File Type: doc 2010 Camaro 2SS-RS Service Log COPY.doc (44.5 KB, 246 views)
KeepItGreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CAMARO WIKI Tran Wiki 54 02-06-2016 11:33 AM
Gran Turismo 5... No Camaro? 5thGenOwner 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 111 12-06-2011 10:06 AM
Camaro Scotty Camaro inventory - Fly in or we'll ship to you! CamaroScotty Dealer Camaros for Sale 40 05-24-2010 09:52 PM
Major Pedders Event in Houston! Saturday, Jan 30th! Meet DMS Info@PeddersUSA.com USA - Texas 39 02-01-2010 12:48 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.