Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 07-16-2010, 04:31 PM   #1303
Bada Bing
John S.

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Jann and I will be there around 7 ish. Hope to see everyone.
Got some Trophie estimates for the Car Show. Hope we gets lots of money!

John and Jann

Bada Bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:52 PM   #1304
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Lap for Charity

Hey All,

Can't make it tonight after all.... Wife is not feeling good so I am going to stay and spend time with her. We plan on trying to make it to Cabela's tomorrow night if any are interested... The SA F-Body Club is coming up for it...

Additionally, I'm sure some of you have seen this, but here is a reply from the Lone Star Camaro Club in DFW. Lets Help Them Out

I would like to have some of our club make it if possible. We've had others drive considerable distance to share time with us, and I would like to help LSCC make a great showing. There are actually two events on this day... The benefit for the 9/11 Flight Crew Memorial Great Big Photo Op, and the Laps for Charity Drive at Texas Motor Speedway. Take a look at the Thread for this event for more information and let me know if you plan on trying to attend. There is a running roster of people planning to attend on the same thread.

Sounds like lots of fun to me.... Lets try to make a good showing...The Date is Sept-11, I'll be back from Brazil by then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adub4185
That is cool with us and in our opinion, the more the merrier. I'll go ahead and add you to the list and if your group members want to post and get added feel free to tell them to do so.

We are really trying to get a lot of camaros together for our picture in front of the 9/11 flight crew memorial and we are trying to get a good sized donation for the 9/11 flight crew foundation together. They have some lighting retrofits that they are trying to accomplish and with the event being on 9/11 and all, we want to help as much as we can. Would your group be interested in also making a small donation to help the cause? There are details in the post on the foundation and the memorial. Let me know what you think and I hope to see all of you guys out there on 9/11!

Thanks,

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS
Hey,

Didn't realize Butterfingers was on vacation....

Here is the deal. I am interested in the San
Antonio C5 group joining forces with you if possible.

I have no idea how many commitments we will get, but I would like with your permission to discuss us joining up with the Lone Star Group for the Laps for Charity. I have talked to a few guys that went last year and they said they had a blast. I read where you guys were trying to double your group effort for this year, and was wondering if I could throw in some of my group if there is any interest, and at a minimum, throw my name in with you guys.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

By the way, we have around 40 regular members and several more transient people. I imagine at least five or so would be interested, maybe lots more...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:53 PM   #1305
Bada Bing
John S.

Drives: 2013 ZL1
San Antonio's Finest have cool cars. Yee Haa!!
Attached Images

Bada Bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:04 PM   #1306
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Dang...it has a front plate too!

There goes that excuse!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:18 PM   #1307
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Sorry everybody...I don't think I'll be able to make it out tonight. My boys want to go see Inception, too. We'll probably take in a later show and call it a night.

I won't rule out a really late arrival at Friday's, but not likely...

If not, I'll catch up with ya'll next weekend. I'm going to try to make Cabela's tomorrow night, Robert--depending on what's going on around the house here.

Cheers--ya'll have fun tonight!

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:47 PM   #1308
txogre

Drives: 2010 LS3 1SS/RS IBM/white stripes
Good night so far. 67 and 69 here at the moment 22total nice showing this evening

Sam
txogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:53 PM   #1309
txogre

Drives: 2010 LS3 1SS/RS IBM/white stripes
Still going strong. 4 1st Gen here along with 16 5th Gen along with one lone 4th Gen still here at 10pm. Been 27 total tonight, nice big chair circle going on as well.

Sam
txogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:03 AM   #1310
Atti2de
Móderator

Drives: 2SS/RS
There is a convoy going to Cabela's tomorrow meeting at Panera Bread (1604 & Blanco) at 6:00pm for this of you who want to join us. Think there is 6/7 of us meeting there.

As for tonight had a blast, looking forward to this car show Darrel. Great showing of cars and loved the 1st gens...

Pete u missed out!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 12:07 AM   #1311
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Either the wife and I or me myself and I will be out there waiting... Remember to bring chairs if you want them, and if you have a small cooler for drinks, throw it in the trunk... with cool drinks... It's pretty hot, no shade and no drinks available in the parking area...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atti2de View Post
There is a convoy going to Cabela's tomorrow meeting at Panera Bread (1604 & Blanco) at 6:00pm for this of you who want to join us. Think there is 6/7 of us meeting there.

As for tonight had a blast, looking forward to this car show Darrel. Great showing of cars and loved the 1st gens...

Pete u missed out!!!

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 07-17-2010, 07:07 AM   #1312
summitSS
Darrell

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SPD-Summit Wht
Thanks for posting this Chris. It looks as though last count from f-body club that 13 of their cars are going. I think they are meeting somewhere else to head that way.

99 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Artic White
01 Chevy Monte Carlo SS - Torch Red
01 Chevy Corvette - Pewter
02 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 - Pewter
summitSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:09 AM   #1313
summitSS
Darrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTXAF View Post
San Antonio's Finest have cool cars. Yee Haa!!
Wow, pretty lights.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:46 AM   #1314
summitSS
Darrell

The SA 1st Generation Car Club "Texas Bowties" have invited us to a cruise on Saturday, July 31st. It will start @ Cool Beans Coffee (21920 Bulverde Rd. 1/4 mile south of Evans) @ 8:00am. More to come on this post as to how long the cruise is and where to. Please sound off if you are interested. Updates will be sent via our SACC registered members email list. Event will also be posted on our website's calendar.

Old 07-17-2010, 08:49 AM   #1315
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Either the wife and I or me myself and I will be out there waiting... Remember to bring chairs if you want them, and if you have a small cooler for drinks, throw it in the trunk... with cool drinks... It's pretty hot, no shade and no drinks available in the parking area...
There is a What-A-Burger right across the street, though, so if you forget your cooler, a drink can be had for the price of a soda and a short (2 minute) jaunt over there.

Hope to join ya'all tonight

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:15 AM   #1316
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PnCRedJwl2SS View Post
There is a What-A-Burger right across the street, though, so if you forget your cooler, a drink can be had for the price of a soda and a short (2 minute) jaunt over there.

Hope to join ya'all tonight
There is also a Chili's, a Sonic, and Bill Millers BBQ within a couple of minutes of Cabela's literally, as well s a few other eateries if anyone is interested...