Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Kraft Werks
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2008, 02:47 PM   #101
fbodfather


 
fbodfather's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros................
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Grosse Pointe Farms, MI (suburban Detroit)
Posts: 4,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
My dealer is trying to change my original order (2LT/RS) for an 2SS/RS today. I spoke with him about 30 minutes ago. He said he's having trouble with the GM order system not accepting it - getting some error message.

He said he needs to call and find out what's going on, he's able to change Corvette and other vehicle orders.

BTW I ordered my 2LT/RS on Oct 15th but decided I wanted the CTS-V and am attempting to convert my order to my son who wants the 2SS.

So something is going on.
You cannot 'change' an order from an LT to an SS or vice versa - they are separate models - thus, the dealer needs to cancel the existing order and put a new one in.........
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:51 PM   #102
fbodfather


 
fbodfather's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros................
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Grosse Pointe Farms, MI (suburban Detroit)
Posts: 4,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
This thread is about what I "hate" about this Camaro. We've been waiting for sooo long, and we still don't have full info.

I mean Fbod and others give us hints and so on, I also know GM can't say everything for strategy reasons (and probably don't even know everything they're gonna do regarding actual economical situation) and so on..

But all would be so simple if only we had some official information saying as of now:
- V8/V6 will be built from XX to XX month;
- ..... will be delivered from xx to xx month;
- Convert will/won't come into production between XX 200? and XX 20??
- There won't/will be a supercharged Z28 or whatever between XX 200? and XX 20?? ...
- etc

I understand all the joy this car brings to Camaro fans who are just happy the car is back, but I guess we are quite a few (not on this site which is a camaro enthusiats' one) who like the Camaro's history but who would buy mustang/challenger/charger/ whatever without problem if the other brand was faster/nicer.

We're craving for solid infos. I'm dreaming? Yup, prolly, however, that would be nice to KNOW what we're gonna do ... i hate to see people (especially me) wondering: do I go for a coupé or wait for the vert? Do I go for a SS or wait for a Z28? Do I wait for HUD? Do I wait for XXXX? Will we have a XX or do I have to wait for it?

I DO understand Chevy has been amazingly "transparent" showing the concept, the pre pro, the prod version and so on ... but the bad part of it is that we're feeling like we've been waiting for years and years and years (which is actually true).

I'm afraid this waiting + relative "lack" of info + false/partially true "said insiders" info may kill the love for some people.

Was a little off topic but I guess GM should end these insider info by releasing FULL info
OK -- havent been on here a week or so -- so if someone answered this before I get thru the thread -- sorry.

Important to understand we've put more information out about this car so very far in advance -- that it cannot be compared to ANY other car at GM.......

We put Camaro into REGULAR production in February -- if this were like any other launch, you'd be getting the details you got 6 months ago -- about now.

We will not put out specifics.......but I can say this:

We're building V6s and V8s as we speak -- they'll be captured test fleet vehicles -- but while everyone's excited -- and concerned (esp. with issues around liquidity...) time to calm down -- this launch is going quite smoothly --

Yes..there are issues - there ALWAYS are issues as we start building 'saleable' pilots..........for captured test fleets........

Things, indeed, do look bright!
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:54 PM   #103
fbodfather


 
fbodfather's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros................
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Grosse Pointe Farms, MI (suburban Detroit)
Posts: 4,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
Years look longer when you think about the camaro everyday!

Seriously I agree with you about GM "transparency". ANd this is what I point out. GM was transparent, to a certain level .. it creates speculations that are pretty annoying.

When things are completely dark, there is less interest and less speculation. GM knows that. I trully wonder if they like these speculations or just don't manage to control their communication.

That's why I'dlike some solid official stuffs stating the truth, the lies, the "maybe" the "never".
OK -- you can't have it both ways ==

1.we can 'share' info. as it comes out -- or

2. we can black out everything and fire any and everyone that leaks info...including prosecuting those who post stuff to websites.


I think everyone would prefer choice number 1.
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:33 PM   #104
fastball
White 'n Nerdy
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 1,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
We're building V6s and V8s as we speak -- they'll be captured test fleet vehicles -- but while everyone's excited -- and concerned (esp. with issues around liquidity...) time to calm down -- this launch is going quite smoothly --

Things, indeed, do look bright!
I needed to hear this! Thanks Scott.

Seriously. We really need to hear real, factual, and positive news about our Camaro, but more importantly about GM.

You really have no idea how much better I feel today! I just got home from work, read this, and tonight I'll meet some friends at our favorite hangout, have a few beers, watch the Cavs dispose of the Pacers, and somehow tonight is going to feel that much better just hearing this from you.
__________________
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:41 PM   #105
MrGazinya

 
MrGazinya's Avatar
 
Drives: Aggressive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southampton, PA.
Posts: 1,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
I needed to hear this! Thanks Scott.

Seriously. We really need to hear real, factual, and positive news about our Camaro, but more importantly about GM.

You really have no idea how much better I feel today! I just got home from work, read this, and tonight I'll meet some friends at our favorite hangout, have a few beers, watch the Cavs dispose of the Pacers, and somehow tonight is going to feel that much better just hearing this from you.
............
__________________
Black 2SS RS LS3 Inferno Int. Plastidipped 20's {MODS} KOOKS LT: Borla S-Type: Roto-Fab CAI: Hurst ST.: Diabloed by Jannetty Racing: PFADT Stage 2, Trailing arms, Tie Rods:

MrGazinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:43 PM   #106
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,774
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:47 PM   #107
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation
 
Rogue Leader's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
OK -- havent been on here a week or so -- so if someone answered this before I get thru the thread -- sorry.

Important to understand we've put more information out about this car so very far in advance -- that it cannot be compared to ANY other car at GM.......

We put Camaro into REGULAR production in February -- if this were like any other launch, you'd be getting the details you got 6 months ago -- about now.

We will not put out specifics.......but I can say this:

We're building V6s and V8s as we speak -- they'll be captured test fleet vehicles -- but while everyone's excited -- and concerned (esp. with issues around liquidity...) time to calm down -- this launch is going quite smoothly --

Yes..there are issues - there ALWAYS are issues as we start building 'saleable' pilots..........for captured test fleets........

Things, indeed, do look bright!
Thank God you posted this....

The guy leaves for a week and according to everyone the Hindenburg starts to burn!
__________________
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:51 PM   #108
pruettfan
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2011 Z28
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 333
As Fbodfather has stated they will discover issues as the car goes into production but I don't think anyone should panic. The fact is that every new car has issues as it goes into development and manufactuers work those issues out usually pretty quickly and quitely. The difference here is that with all of us passionate fans we tend to react to all news as bad and dooms day. If we were talking about most other cars no one would care about news or rumors like this.
pruettfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:53 PM   #109
Chemical
 
Chemical's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS RS
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 712
I'm glad to hear everything is reasonably on schedule!

Oh and Go Rockets! lol
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:59 PM   #110
camaropete
I love crepes
 
camaropete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,313
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
As Fbodfather has stated they will discover issues as the car goes into production but I don't think anyone should panic. The fact is that every new car has issues as it goes into development and manufactuers work those issues out usually pretty quickly and quitely. The difference here is that with all of us passionate fans we tend to react to all news as bad and dooms day. If we were talking about most other cars no one would care about news or rumors like this.
The point here (and what we should be excited about) is that GM and Oshawa are taking the time they built into the production plan to work out any bugs in order to make sure we get a high quality car the first time. Great work guys!
__________________
camaropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:18 PM   #111
Rodrunner
Senior Member
 
Rodrunner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: So. Maryland
Posts: 2,333
My panic button was reset when we found out on the 30th that Dec. 1st wasn't D-day as far as changes go, thanks to John Fitzpatrick's statement that orders wouldn't be requested for production until late Jan.-early Feb..
We have plenty of time to discover more about the Camaro as the info. becomes available, and I'm sure it will.

Your reassurance that things are bright was nonetheless quite good to hear, Scott. Thanks!

BTW, how was your Thanksgiving? Get in some good R&R? We'd all like to know.

2SS/RS Black/Black w-Cyber Gray stripes/Auto(under reconsideration) - ordered 10/18/08

Last edited by Rodrunner; 12-05-2008 at 04:29 PM.
Rodrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:59 PM   #112
fbodfather


 
fbodfather's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros................
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Grosse Pointe Farms, MI (suburban Detroit)
Posts: 4,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrunner View Post
BTW, how was your Thanksgiving? Get in some good R&R? We'd all like to know.

2SS/RS Black/Black w-Cyber Gray stripes/Auto(under reconsideration) - ordered 10/18/08
Thank you for asking, RodRunner -- and I hope you, too had a great Thanksgiving..........

I drove to Mars, PA for Thanksgiving -- there is a lot to be said for life in a small town. I'm fortunate to be able to go back to my hometown a couple of times a year and get together with my life-long friends - and when we do, we tend to revert to how we were in our teenage years and early twenties..... *blushing*

We've developed a 'tradition' of sorts-- on 'ThanksGiving Eve" (Wednesday night) many of us go to a little tavern on the outskirts of Mars -- called "Good Ole Uncle Bob's" -- and frankly the place gets packed to where you can barely move.

I took "Mom" Settlemire and my brother and sister-in-law and "Miss Ellen" to an early dinner there - and then sat as generations poured thru the doors......

Amazing how some of these 'children' have grown up --into adulthood.......WHERE did the time go?

The family got together for a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner -- spent some time at "The 'Lil Weasel's" dealership - did a bunch of errands around the house -- did a side trip to Las Vegas for that autoshow (Starring the Silver Camaro concept) -- got an extra day of R & R there -- back to Mars to finish a couple of projects -- and then back to Detroit tonite.

I hope all of you had a pleasant Thanksgiving -- and that you got to reflect that -- even in tough economic times -- we are TRULY blessed to have what we have in our lives.
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:07 AM   #113
TomServo
 
Drives: 2007 Z06
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Swansea IL
Posts: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
You cannot 'change' an order from an LT to an SS or vice versa - they are separate models - thus, the dealer needs to cancel the existing order and put a new one in.........
That's what he had to do after calling some and received a new Order detail number.

Thanks

Tom
USAF Retired
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:38 AM   #114
Scott@Bjorn3D


 
Scott@Bjorn3D's Avatar
 
Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Eufaula, Alabama
Posts: 6,092
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Scott,

It is great to hear from you and I am glad you and your family had a good Thanksgiving. Looks like GM is going to get some money to help out until our new president gets here and helps out the auto industry.

Keep posting it really helps us all out hearing from you.
__________________
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:22 PM   #115
Rodrunner
Senior Member
 
Rodrunner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: So. Maryland
Posts: 2,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Thank you for asking, RodRunner -- and I hope you, too had a great Thanksgiving..........

I drove to Mars, PA for Thanksgiving -- there is a lot to be said for life in a small town. I'm fortunate to be able to go back to my hometown a couple of times a year and get together with my life-long friends - and when we do, we tend to revert to how we were in our teenage years and early twenties..... *blushing*

We've developed a 'tradition' of sorts-- on 'ThanksGiving Eve" (Wednesday night) many of us go to a little tavern on the outskirts of Mars -- called "Good Ole Uncle Bob's" -- and frankly the place gets packed to where you can barely move.

I took "Mom" Settlemire and my brother and sister-in-law and "Miss Ellen" to an early dinner there - and then sat as generations poured thru the doors......

Amazing how some of these 'children' have grown up --into adulthood.......WHERE did the time go?

The family got together for a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner -- spent some time at "The 'Lil Weasel's" dealership - did a bunch of errands around the house -- did a side trip to Las Vegas for that autoshow (Starring the Silver Camaro concept) -- got an extra day of R & R there -- back to Mars to finish a couple of projects -- and then back to Detroit tonite.

I hope all of you had a pleasant Thanksgiving -- and that you got to reflect that -- even in tough economic times -- we are TRULY blessed to have what we have in our lives.

Thanks for sharing. Glad I didn't ask where you spent Thanksgiving....and you simply reply - MARS!!! The God image would have taken off again like never before.

I also spent the holiday in Pa. in a little burg called Mount Joy. Nice to get back to one's "roots"....somehow always makes me feel young again.
__________________
2SS/RS - Black/Black - CGM Rally Stripes - Auto - VIN 10171
Rodrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:13 PM   #116
shank0668


 
shank0668's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Sahara
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,558
Send a message via AIM to shank0668
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
OK -- you can't have it both ways ==

1.we can 'share' info. as it comes out -- or

2. we can black out everything and fire any and everyone that leaks info...including prosecuting those who post stuff to websites.


I think everyone would prefer choice number 1.
A Camaro or is it Camero? Why I have never heard of such a thing.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
more GTR bad news... The_Stache General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 60 06-24-2010 11:06 PM
G8 GXP mini review - some good some bad Crowley General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 6 11-26-2008 07:38 AM
Pricing info tonight 10/13 12:00am DrewsZ 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 106 10-12-2008 11:22 PM
More B.S. insider info!!! TFord 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 12 06-17-2008 01:04 PM
5th Gen Camaro LS3 info from Chevy Hi-Po...READ TAG UR IT Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 295 03-07-2008 10:06 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.