Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2010, 11:20 PM   #273
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Right now, I'd like to hear mine too!
:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
The day pics look really good. The night pics were tricky 'cause they overexposed the grille and made it look ricey, which it really isn't.

Keep it. Fits your personality and Bonnie's wild hair...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
BAH!! I'm an idiot...

I agree with Mlee and Gtavit -- it looks better when it's on, imo.

And, dude -- I missed the whole painted heritage grille thing! Looks GREAT!
How do you know it's not your photoshop?
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:53 AM   #274
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 27,213
Now that I look again... I think you should paint the Heritage Grill to match the hood spears not visa versa...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:24 AM   #275
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Now that I look again... I think you should paint the Heritage Grill to match the hood spears not visa versa...
Actually, I am having the spears painted on to match the grill. It would cost too much and be a pita to paint the grill to match the flat vinyl stripes.

But I have decided to put the lower grill back on and paint it black.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #276
WadeWilson
How U Doin?
 
WadeWilson's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Sky Redline
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Californication
Posts: 24,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Actually, I am having the spears painted on to match the grill. It would cost too much and be a pita to paint the grill to match the flat vinyl stripes.

But I have decided to put the lower grill back on and paint it black.
The lower grille should look good painted black.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:22 PM   #277
Nine Ball


 
Nine Ball's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 & 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,846
I'd like to see a black grille, but with a chrome ring around it like the 69 RS grille had. I think your car would look much meaner without any orange on the exterior. Black and chrome only. I wonder if one of those chrome plating companies can make your grille look like this, maybe even a light shade over the headlights too.

Nine Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:50 PM   #278
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,149
Nine Ball, for a man, you have very classy taste!
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:26 PM   #279
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,149
PQ-
I got my car back today. The TPMS sensors I bought from the dealer (GM sensors) are in my wheels now and working great. They stayed paired with the system the whole way home from the shop (about 40 miles). With the other sensors, the signal was lost after about 15 minutes.
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:44 AM   #280
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
I'd like to see a black grille, but with a chrome ring around it like the 69 RS grille had. I think your car would look much meaner without any orange on the exterior. Black and chrome only. I wonder if one of those chrome plating companies can make your grille look like this, maybe even a light shade over the headlights too.
Too late for that. But I maybe my next set of wheels will have a little orange in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
PQ-
I got my car back today. The TPMS sensors I bought from the dealer (GM sensors) are in my wheels now and working great. They stayed paired with the system the whole way home from the shop (about 40 miles). With the other sensors, the signal was lost after about 15 minutes.
Cool. I'll have to get some. Once I find my vibration, I may have different wheels to put them on. So I'm not worrying about it at the moment.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:01 AM   #281
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Too late for that. But I maybe my next set of wheels will have a little orange in them.

Cool. I'll have to get some. Once I find my vibration, I may have different wheels to put them on. So I'm not worrying about it at the moment.

A little birdie told me that if you do LOTS of burnouts the rear tires will become smoother. Then just rotate rear to front, do it again and voila - no vibration... lol

Sorry you still have that damn vibration.
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:44 PM   #282
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
A little birdie told me that if you do LOTS of burnouts the rear tires will become smoother. Then just rotate rear to front, do it again and voila - no vibration... lol

Sorry you still have that damn vibration.
I'm hoping it will be one of those things that go away over time.

Or, I can get the tires shaved. I was also told to try that.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:04 PM   #283
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Oh, ya. I forgot, My exhaust will not have cats at all.

Oh, ya.............. I'm gonna be nice and loud.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:19 PM   #284
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Oh, ya. I forgot, My exhaust will not have cats at all.

Oh, ya.............. I'm gonna be nice and loud.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:49 PM   #285
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN
 
Jekyll-N-Hyde's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Between Weatherford and Azle TX hway730
Posts: 2,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Oh, ya. I forgot, My exhaust will not have cats at all.

Oh, ya.............. I'm gonna be nice and loud.


Welcome to the Club Buddy


what mufflers are you running again ?
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:15 PM   #286
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
Welcome to the Club Buddy


what mufflers are you running again ?
No mufflers either.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:55 PM   #287
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 27,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Actually, I am having the spears painted on to match the grill. It would cost too much and be a pita to paint the grill to match the flat vinyl stripes.
I should have put J/K after my post... I know you don't want remove and paint your grill again... LOL..
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:05 PM   #288
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I should have put J/K after my post... I know you don't want remove and paint your grill again... LOL..
Not if I can keep from it. lol
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:10 PM   #289
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
RJT-Maro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged RJT SS!
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eufaula, Alabama
Posts: 2,766
Send a message via AIM to RJT-Maro
Randy have you ordered your exhaust and headers yet??
__________________
2010 Camaro SS LS3 Supercharged RJT!
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger, ARH 1 7/8 LT Headers with 3" X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Axle-Back, DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cut-Outs, MTI Racing CAI, Stage 2 Camshaft(227/239 .614/.624) with new springs, Katech C5R Z Timing Chain, LS7 Bowtie Damper, MTI Hot Spark Plug Wires, MTI Racing Lowering Springs and Swaybars, Aluminum Oil Catch Can, 160 Degree Thermostat, MTI Tune. 554RWHP 528RWTQ Built By: MTI Racing Dyno Sheet here
RJT-Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
camaro of the week, the circle

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GM unveils Jay Leno Camaro, Camaro Synergy, Camaro Chroma, Camaro Dusk at SEMA irocnroll 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 101 02-27-2012 01:25 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 08:33 PM
The DEFINITIVE EXPLANATION OF CAMARO SUSPENSION, ISSUES, AND UPGRADES Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 106 10-19-2009 07:08 PM
Ambient lighting (ABL) - the FINAL update = LIMITED TO DOOR PANELS CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 338 04-15-2009 06:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.