Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-27-2010, 08:23 AM   #15
mlee
Charter Circle Member

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
You cannot go wrong w/ Hennessey... especially since you are semi-close to their CA facility... A lot of their customers live around here and are members of our Camaro Club... Nothing but good words to say...
Old 07-27-2010, 03:06 PM   #16
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
google Lingenfilter, read articles. Google Hennessey, read articles. Decide.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:47 PM   #17
Sales@Hennessey

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Sales@Hennessey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
When making a big purchase from any vendor for any item, suggest contacting them directly as well as visiting their facilities if a possibility.
Sales@Hennessey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:25 PM   #18
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big R and the Bean View Post
Can anyone help me decide between Lingenfelter and Hennessy. I'm leaning towards Hennessy mainly because they have a location in Southern California. Who honors the warranty for Lingenfelter in So Cal? Which company is better suited for suspension upgrades?
Granatelli is an dealer for Lingenfelter. We are in Oxnard CA. Look like you are 90 miles away You have many great choices let's see if we can help you out

Joe Granatelli
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:17 PM   #19
Hennessey Performance

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Hi Big R,

We have built and delivered over 300 of the 2010 (and now 2011) Camaro's since we bought our first car back in April, 2009. Since that time we have had the privilege to upgrade over 30 Camaro's thru our SoCal facility located in Orange county. Here is a sampling of some of the cars we have built and delivered recently:

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/hpecustomers.html

Between our Texas and SoCal facilities we build and ship an average of 5 Camaro's per week.

Please feel to contact our sales department or call me personally anytime at the shop if we can help answer any questions: 979-88-1300.

Thanks for your inquiry and have fun driving your Camaro on some of the best roads in the world with some of the best weather in the world!
Hennessey Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:16 PM   #20
Kjelle2SS

Drives: SIM Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via Skype™ to Kjelle2SS
Quote:
Can anyone help me decide between Lingenfelter and Hennessy. I'm leaning towards Hennessy mainly because they have a location in Southern California. Who honors the warranty for Lingenfelter in So Cal? Which company is better suited for suspension upgrades?
Hi

I have been visit the Hennessey facilities in Sealy TX, so at least I can tell you about them. I got a tour around in the shop by James Howard. What I saw there was car builders, who take their job very seriously. OK, it maybe cost more, but if you want quality, this is the place to modify your Camaro. I had a close look at the HPE1000 Camaro, and the work that had been done on that car was just amazing. I'm going to get the HPE550 package on my camaro in the future, and I have no doubt at all to let Hennessey do it. (I already bought the Corsa Catback and Air Intake from them)

Kjell
Kjelle2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:20 PM   #21
2010 BADSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
I would choose Lingenfelter again any day. I'm sure Hennessey does a fine job too, but after dealing with Lingenfelter, their awesome staff, and the best tuner on the planet, Graham, I'd go Lingenfelter all the way. I'm in New Mexico, and I can attest to how well they can handle any little issue that may arise. Thanks Lingenfelter, I really love my car, and it's everything I'd ever hoped for!!!!!
DSS 9" rear with 3.90 gear
Pfadt suspension/Hotchkiss chassis brace
Forgeline Wheels VR3S/Nitto tires

Beware of the LPE Sisterhood
2010 BADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:12 PM   #22
barrylnv

Drives: 2010 2SS IMB LS3/M6
I have to agree with the vast majority of the above posts - LINGENFELTER!

These were my final two choices when researching supercharger packages. I agree with a poster above that the web searching is revealing. But not wanting to make a decision based just on that, I priced out each of their packages and compared to what it'd cost me to do it myself with help from local specialized shops. I give the nod to Lingenfelter there - you get more for the money (compare the work that goes into their respective 650 packages for example).

Lastly, I called both and went through a detailed discussion of their packages up to and including the 650. I was blown away by the knowledge and customer service with Lingenfelter and much preferred their approach of strengthening the bottom end. I decided Lingenfelter 650 and have been 100% happy. I visited them several times, watched dyno tuning, test drove the car, etc. Along the way I asked well over 100 questions over e-mail and each was promptly replied to with great and accurate information and thanking me! They have the best customer support, the best bang for the buck especially when you consider the warranty (BTW, compare this) and resale value, and the best tuners in the country.

Choose Lingenfelter and you'll never regret it.
ZR1 Clutch / LPE Flywheel
LPE IBM Coil Covers
Thorley Shorty Headers
Borla 140280 Cat-back
ADM Boost Gauge
MTI Shifter
Hotchkis Sway Bars
LPE Floor Mats
SRP Heel-Toe Pedals
barrylnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:50 AM   #23
mlee
Charter Circle Member

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
You guys are a dime a dozen... Guess I should have read your signature and not responded...

I choose my shops by first hand experience or from those I know...
Old 07-29-2010, 04:52 PM   #24
Big R and the Bean

Drives: Mercedes S55
Thank's

I didn't mean stir up trouble w/ this thread. I appreciate everyones input and will follow up with the companies directly.
Big R and the Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #25
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Quote:
I didn't mean stir up trouble w/ this thread. I appreciate everyone’s input and will follow up with the company’s directly.
There are many great places to go to get hi end quality work. It seems to me if there is a shop "local" to you where you can touch and feel it all - try them first. We have tons of cars shipped in monthly = that is because GRANATELLI has been a trusted name for over 70 years. But that is not my point. My point is quite the opposite. If there is a local 2 man operation near you that you feel comfortable with, go there.

Granatelli, Lingenfelter, RennTech - Great. We KIS everyday - Keep It Simple. We turn out quality work and I am smart enough to know there are many shops that can and will do the same. In the case of Big R - We are local to you by comparison and we sell Lingenfelter parts as well as Granatelli and many others
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote