Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2010, 03:30 AM   #698
SikMaro
 
SikMaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 CTS, Arrived! 2ss/rs ABM!
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 203
PQ - I'm sorry to hear that you are/were having so much trouble with the wheels. I bought the same exact wheels as you did 22’s and all, which I had ordered before I even knew of this thread. When I got my wheels WOW!!! Just as you said they look AMAZING!!! The paint was perfect with no blemishes, dirt, or orange peel and they are black (which as everyone knows shows all imperfections). They are the sickest wheels on the market and there are no other companies with the wheel designs or color combinations that can compare. They were/are way better than expected. I had SAVINI paint match my wheels with the ABM and the paint matched perfectly. I put them on and it just set the car off. Like you I could not tell you how sick they are.

But I couldn't help but to notice the problems you are saying you are having with your particular set. I have owned other cars and trucks with 22” and bigger. I had lots of problems with the shake and vibration that you speak of with other companies. But I’ve had my wheels for 3 months now and have never had a hint of vibration or shaking. You said that you notice the problem more when you step on it. I have gone to the track and raced mine with the wheels and there was no such vibration. I've even got it up to 130mph and still no such problems (keep in mind that just like you they are on 25/30 series tires as well and still no vibration). I believe I have a little bit wider tire even in the rear (11") than you which is more prone to vibration or shake.

I don’t know why you’re saying, “if you could do it all over again you wouldn’t”. As you said in the thread they offered before you even asked to have you send them back to check them out and fix the problem and reimburse you for shipping, which they did.

Their customer service and product are second to none. Again, their wheels are perfect and come exactly the way you want them or better. SAVINI has the best wheels on the market and I haven’t heard from of the other members on the forum state they are having the same problems either (Darth_Emma, JB, & countless others that have ordered from SAVINI) All are proud owners of SAVINI wheels I have referred all of my friends to SAVINI and they have had a perfect experience with them as well. I will definitely be ordering another set from SAVINI again in the future.

I've included some pictures of mine as well.





__________________
2010 Camaro 2SS / A6 / Aqua Blue Metallic / Gray Int. / Sunroof / NPGB4Q / 2G1FK1EJ6A9160475

1100 - 09-24-09 1st Step
3800 - Born 10-27-09
6000 - 11-11-09
SikMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:15 AM   #699
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SikMaro View Post
PQ - I'm sorry to hear that you are/were having so much trouble with the wheels. I bought the same exact wheels as you did 22’s and all, which I had ordered before I even knew of this thread. When I got my wheels WOW!!! Just as you said they look AMAZING!!! The paint was perfect with no blemishes, dirt, or orange peel and they are black (which as everyone knows shows all imperfections). They are the sickest wheels on the market and there are no other companies with the wheel designs or color combinations that can compare. They were/are way better than expected. I had SAVINI paint match my wheels with the ABM and the paint matched perfectly. I put them on and it just set the car off. Like you I could not tell you how sick they are.

But I couldn't help but to notice the problems you are saying you are having with your particular set. I have owned other cars and trucks with 22” and bigger. I had lots of problems with the shake and vibration that you speak of with other companies. But I’ve had my wheels for 3 months now and have never had a hint of vibration or shaking. You said that you notice the problem more when you step on it. I have gone to the track and raced mine with the wheels and there was no such vibration. I've even got it up to 130mph and still no such problems (keep in mind that just like you they are on 25/30 series tires as well and still no vibration). I believe I have a little bit wider tire even in the rear (11") than you which is more prone to vibration or shake.

I don’t know why you’re saying, “if you could do it all over again you wouldn’t”. As you said in the thread they offered before you even asked to have you send them back to check them out and fix the problem and reimburse you for shipping, which they did.

Their customer service and product are second to none. Again, their wheels are perfect and come exactly the way you want them or better. SAVINI has the best wheels on the market and I haven’t heard from of the other members on the forum state they are having the same problems either (Darth_Emma, JB, & countless others that have ordered from SAVINI) All are proud owners of SAVINI wheels I have referred all of my friends to SAVINI and they have had a perfect experience with them as well. I will definitely be ordering another set from SAVINI again in the future.

I've included some pictures of mine as well.




I'm sure you love your wheels and have been problem free. MANY people have ordered Savini wheels and I haven't heard ANYONE complain except me.

Guess that means I'm crazy................. Not.

So you got a good set. I'm glad for you. I DIDN'T. What's so hard to understand?

I'm glad it's all worked out for you, and I'm sure Savini appreciates your vote of confidence. I have talked up Savini and sent them business, even during this whole process. EVEN during the latest round.

Simple fact of the matter is I recieved wheels that were out of round. Two of those wheels are still out of round. AND THEY'VE BEEN BACK TWICE. Not repaired or replaced. NO parts on those wheels were changed. They were like this before the FIRST time I sent them back. I sent them back once, they were not fixed. Only ONE rear wheel was 'repaired', I sent them back a second time, only one rear wheel was repaired. The SAME one as last time. The other 3 wheels were never touched.

As far as having been reimbursed for shipping, who told you that. Because I was't. Savini payed the second time, and the first time they were returned to me. But I PAID the first time shipping them to Savini. 320.00, and I never asked for it back after that.

I'm wondering what your point is here? I've had 4 independant shops document for me that at least 3 wheels are out of round. And it's all been well documented on this site in various different threads. I have video of the SAME wheels spinning on machines and doing the SAME EXACT THING that they were doing back in April when I first got them.

I never EVER said anything bad about Savini wheels. EVER. Just MY wheels. And I have been justified. So you got some good ones. Congratulations. That means EVERYONE else can feel good.

Jason - Damn, man. I blew a rod on my car today.

PQ - It's ok, SikMaro got a good set of Savinis.

Jason - Serious? Sweet, to hell with my car, let's go celebrate his wheels.


Quote:
I don’t know why you’re saying, “if you could do it all over again you wouldn’t”. As you said in the thread they offered before you even asked to have you send them back to check them out and fix the problem and reimburse you for shipping, which they did.
This line is baffling. Tell you what............. I won't tell you YOUR opinions........... and you don't tell me mine.

And at the same time, you don't even know what you're talking about. You couldn't get it more wrong.

Savini has done a lot here, no doubt. I'm not saying they haven't. BUT if you hired me to wash your windows and I missed all the ones in front of the house, and you called me back and I came back for free and washed them again, but still didn't wash the dirty ones in front of the house I missed, and you called me again and told me, and I came back again, brought a whole work crew, and some high tech equipment, washed them again, but LEFT THE SAME WINDOWS dirty. You'd have a bit of a problem right? You'd wonder wtf, right? Then I tell you I've done a lot for you here. But you're like, "Uh, you've done a lot, yes. But I still have dirty windows."
__________________

Last edited by PQ; 08-09-2010 at 12:39 PM.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:59 PM   #700
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist
 
themossman's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: JAX
Posts: 1,383
PQ...your response was more restrained than I would have been able to manage.

To be honest, the post you responded to looked more like a marketing effort than anything else.
__________________
Car is for sale --->http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158486
Current Summary:
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:14 PM   #701
SikMaro
 
SikMaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 CTS, Arrived! 2ss/rs ABM!
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 203
im sorry but i dont think that it is savini's fault because either your town doesnt have good tire shops that dont know how to balance or mount tires and wheels or if your wheels were damaged in shipping, which are things out of their control. All i was saying is that you complaints are 1 in million. I was trying to be empathetic over your situation not trying to bash you. I love the wheels as many others do as well w/o problems and hope that you get the problem worked out.
__________________
2010 Camaro 2SS / A6 / Aqua Blue Metallic / Gray Int. / Sunroof / NPGB4Q / 2G1FK1EJ6A9160475

1100 - 09-24-09 1st Step
3800 - Born 10-27-09
6000 - 11-11-09
SikMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:14 PM   #702
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,442
Here we go again, the rednecks don't know what they are doing, PLEASE.

The fact that the wheels were not true speaks for itself. The whole problem is this mans car sat on jack stands while they played around and tried to FIX the original wheels instead of making a new set and being done with it.

I think they may have shot themselves in the foot by the way they have handled this situation.

And yes their response has been a marketing ploy. I have e-mails from other vendors concerning Savini in where they basically ae saying it is not their fault,

SAVINI = FAIL
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:16 PM   #703
SikMaro
 
SikMaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 CTS, Arrived! 2ss/rs ABM!
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
PQ...your response was more restrained than I would have been able to manage.

To be honest, the post you responded to looked more like a marketing effort than anything else.
I love the wheels and i have had a great experience with savini just as all my other people that i have recommended. it is not a marketing campaign. its just like someone saying on this forum that camaros are the better than mustangs. its my opinion as everyone has the right to have.
__________________
2010 Camaro 2SS / A6 / Aqua Blue Metallic / Gray Int. / Sunroof / NPGB4Q / 2G1FK1EJ6A9160475

1100 - 09-24-09 1st Step
3800 - Born 10-27-09
6000 - 11-11-09
SikMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:45 PM   #704
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SikMaro View Post
im sorry but i dont think that it is savini's fault because either your town doesnt have good tire shops that dont know how to balance or mount tires and wheels or if your wheels were damaged in shipping, which are things out of their control. All i was saying is that you complaints are 1 in million. I was trying to be empathetic over your situation not trying to bash you. I love the wheels as many others do as well w/o problems and hope that you get the problem worked out.
Your empathy is weird. Or maybe you just like to talk a lot. Don't know when you've said too much.

Your post was either 'aimed' at me or you needed to proofread it a little better.

The facts are simple. I bought wheels. 3 of them were out of round. THey were sent back twice, ONE of them was fixed.

Without knowing who's to blame, wether it be the shipping company, tire shop, or Savini, I'm not gonna bash anyone for original fault. The fact that Savini has had them 3 times including the original build, and the same wheels are still messed up, (I got vids from before I sent them back the first time, and vids from now that show out of round on multiple wheels, not bent, but out of round and scanned docs from 4 different wheel tire shops over the passed 4 months) kinda doesn't give me the utmost confidence that they were EVER round. If the original shipping company damaged them, they were able to damage 3 of 4 wheels without messing up the boxes. If it were the wheel shop, they squeezed the HELL out fo the wheels to get them to smash to an oval shape. Damage is usually to an area, NOT to disform the WHOLE rim.

Doesn't matter. Savini is still taking care of me.

Maybe the fact that, like you said, it's "One in a Million" says that Savini makes FANTASTIC wheels, but since they don't ever have to repair them, they don't know how.

I know that's not the deal. They got the wheels back but didn't supervise to make sure they were repaired. Not that hard of a mistake to make. But should have been done.


You are not gonna get me to bash Savini. I've said all along, they make great wheels and they are BEAUTIFUL. My wheels were rushed. They got them done and to me in about 3 weeks for C5 Fest. Maybe it was in rushing them that the mistakes were made? Who knows, but as long as they make it right, I'm fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikMaro View Post
I love the wheels and i have had a great experience with savini just as all my other people that i have recommended. it is not a marketing campaign. its just like someone saying on this forum that camaros are the better than mustangs. its my opinion as everyone has the right to have.
Everyone I've recomended to Savini seems to have been fine as well. But, again, you were pointing your finger at me. Go back and read
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:22 PM   #705
SikMaro
 
SikMaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 CTS, Arrived! 2ss/rs ABM!
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 203
ok if the problem is being taken care of that is awesome hope it works out for you
__________________
2010 Camaro 2SS / A6 / Aqua Blue Metallic / Gray Int. / Sunroof / NPGB4Q / 2G1FK1EJ6A9160475

1100 - 09-24-09 1st Step
3800 - Born 10-27-09
6000 - 11-11-09
SikMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:26 PM   #706
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SikMaro View Post
ok if the problem is being taken care of that is awesome hope it works out for you
Oh, ya. Savini is making me all new wheels for the two that are still out of round.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:29 PM   #707
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"
 
bi11ymc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Oh, ya. Savini is making me all new wheels for the two that are still out of round.
Which is a good thing for Savini, because happy PQ means happy Camaro5.com which means many happy Camaro owners which means more sales for Savini
__________________
Silver Street - 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, SIM, Gray, Cyber Gray Rally Stripes, Polished Wheels, Automatic (L99) - 553 RWHP/510 RWTQ

CAI Inc., ARH LT Headers with Cats, Borla Touring Cat-Back; Pfadt Coil Overs, Sway Bars, End Links, and Trailing Arms; Comp Cams Blower Cam, Dual Springs, Push-Rods, and Lifters; GM LS2 Lifter Trays, 6.2 MLS Head Gaskets, Crank Bolt, and LS2 Front Cover; 3-Bolt Conversion Timing Gear, Katech C5R Timing Chain, ARP LS2/LS3 Head Bolt Kit, Melling Hi Volume Oil Pump, TVS 2300 Supercharger (Black); Build by Vengeance Racing; Custom Tune by Vengeance Racing
bi11ymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:33 PM   #708
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,442
Funny thing is that all this could have been avoided front jump street if they would have initially took care of this, too bad PQ had to go through alot of crap getting this took care of.

Really makes you think before you plop down 5500.00 for a set of wheels though.
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:20 PM   #709
Savini
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 273
Send a message via AIM to Savini
Dr. Jkel - Just for the record.... we have tried to take care of these wheels from day one. Its not like we just left him out there hanging.

Like any larger size company there are channels that things have to go through to get done. We have spent time and money trying to get these right for the past couple months...

We are not pointing fingers or making excuses, but we do need to make sure we cover all our basis before just throwing new wheels together.

...Just to make sure everyone on the board knows that we have been working with Randy to get this right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Funny thing is that all this could have been avoided front jump street if they would have initially took care of this, too bad PQ had to go through alot of crap getting this took care of.

Really makes you think before you plop down 5500.00 for a set of wheels though.
Savini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:47 PM   #710
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savini View Post
Dr. Jkel - Just for the record.... we have tried to take care of these wheels from day one. Its not like we just left him out there hanging.

Like any larger size company there are channels that things have to go through to get done. We have spent time and money trying to get these right for the past couple months...

We are not pointing fingers or making excuses, but we do need to make sure we cover all our basis before just throwing new wheels together.

...Just to make sure everyone on the board knows that we have been working with Randy to get this right.
I know you have been working with him, my point and ONLY POINT is once this was identified as a problem that it should have been taken care of at that point. Not trying some mickey mouse bs of trying to FIX out of round wheels.

From the outside looking in it seems like you are almost blaming him.

I can tell you this much, for the money that your company charges for these wheels they should have been replaced.

So let me give you a real world example. I am a Homebuilder in the State of Alabama and usually build about 5 homes a year to supplement my income and have built over a 100 in the past 15 years. I recently ( 3 Weeks ago)sold a home to a nice older couple. I get a call one evening that the A/C didn't seem to be working properly, now it's around 4:30 pm.

So I go over and sure enough the A/C is not working, it even seems to be blowing hot air. Now this is no junk unit, it is a Trane, which by most is the best you can buy.

What did I do? I can tell you that I didn't tell them to wait while I tried to figure it out. I call the HVAC sub, told him my problem and in 2 hours he had a Brand New unit installed. Come to find out it was a defective unit. Now here is the kicker, because I replaced the unit instead of the parts I would not be re-imbursed. These people didn't buy a repaired unit, they bought a breand new unit and that is what they were going to get. After making several calls ,AFTER THE UNIT WAS REPLACED, and explaining that trying to figure out what the problems were in a brand new unit while the temperature was hovering at about a 100 degrees was simply not an option, finally they saw it my way.

My point being, YOU TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS, no matter what it cost you or your company. I could have easily told them that they would have to wait for the parts to fix the unit to be shipped and let them suffer this amazing heat but I took care of the problem.

As they say in business 10000 at a boys is messed up by 1 oh sh**. Word of mouth will kill your business, especially if it's bad.


So please don't come on here acting all innocent like you have done everything in your power to HELP Randy. If you would have done everything in your power, then you would have REPLACED the wheels at the first sign of trouble, and kept replacing them until it was right.

I know Randy has sent alot of business your way, Boy I sure would hate to see how you treat ordinary people.


Look at it this way, we could be saying, " Man that Savini company really took care of him lickity split" but that is not what we are saying. C5F was in April it's now Aug.

Does he have wheels on his car that do not Vibrate?
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:59 PM   #711
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member
 
Michael_Js's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 5,306
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
+1

That's the Right way!
Great job!
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:35 PM   #712
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,499
OK guys, I appreciate the fact that we are all in on PQ getting taken care of.

But at this point in the game there is no need to rehash it.

I truly believe that SAVINI is doing the right thing. We can second guess from the sidelines all day but the bottom line is we have to trust Randy and Savini that things are getting worked out.

Reviving what happened in the past doesn't get Randy's wheels made any better or any faster.

FWIW.

Let wait for some good news from Randy when his wheels get there.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #713
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,499
Take it to PM's guys.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:58 PM   #714
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,442
That wasn't funny, I type slow and poof gone, LOL
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for replicas/similar wheels - Please Help! MiamiCane Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack 3 03-27-2010 08:20 PM
VIP Forged Wheels For Sale EVS Motors Inc. Wheels / Tires 45 01-19-2010 06:13 PM
Wheels! Your Camaro needs forged wheels. Nine Ball Wheels / Tires 42 12-21-2009 11:51 AM
Anyone in FL replace their wheels? FunkyELF USA - Southeast 1 07-29-2009 06:44 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.