Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:04 AM   #51
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
CAMARO!
The Mustang has a really nice pair of made in America billet cans. The LS series of engines have oiling issues on road courses with drivers that pull high G steady state turns. Oil collects up on top of the engine and starves the rest. If you don't cause engine failure from oil starvation, you suck in substantial amounts of oil into the cylinders creating other issues. That is why SCCA T1 Vettes are now allowed to dry sump.

Back to the catch cans. We would fill the smaller Made in the USA catch cans to fast so we went with an import brand that makes a larger can -- Greddy.

Witt Buick in Muskegon did the installation. They installed a drain in the bottom and a hose so we can open a valve and empty the can track side with ease.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:47 AM   #52
jcamere94z28

Drives: None
that's awesome... I can't wait to read the article.
jcamere94z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:11 AM   #53
JusticePete

There is more information and a poll posted over here http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100421
Old 08-17-2010, 11:12 AM   #54
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
I didn't have time to read the whole thread..... yes I did

.... so... which car won?

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time."
"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
"Don't brake until you see God, just don't meet him"
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:23 AM   #55
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
I didn't have time to read the whole thread..... yes I did

.... so... which car won?
They are both red with black accents. They went by so fast I couldn't tell.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:51 PM   #56
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Wasn't it the red one that won?
Old 08-17-2010, 12:55 PM   #57
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post
Wasn't it the red one that won?
There is a security leak. Who told you You are spot on. The RED one with the BLACK accents was the fastest.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:43 PM   #58
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The Mustang has a really nice pair of made in America billet cans. The LS series of engines have oiling issues on road courses with drivers that pull high G steady state turns. Oil collects up on top of the engine and starves the rest. If you don't cause engine failure from oil starvation, you suck in substantial amounts of oil into the cylinders creating other issues. That is why SCCA T1 Vettes are now allowed to dry sump.

Back to the catch cans. We would fill the smaller Made in the USA catch cans to fast so we went with an import brand that makes a larger can -- Greddy.

Witt Buick in Muskegon did the installation. They installed a drain in the bottom and a hose so we can open a valve and empty the can track side with ease.
I had oil issues on my LS1 and it wasn't even CLOSE to the kind of driving you guys are doing and down almost 200 RWHP. I'm a believer in those! I had a catch can and two oil seperators because I'd still get a fair amount of oil in the intake. After the seperators, I could see hardly any oil was getting by and all of my detonation/knock retard went bye-bye. Before those mods', I'd have to run 100 octane to keep from pinging... It looks like I'll have to do this again That's a great looking set-up
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:32 PM   #59
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
But seriously folks... I look forward to the full read, be sure and keep us updated, Pete

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time."
"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
"Don't brake until you see God, just don't meet him"
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:49 PM   #60
JusticePete

Here is an update on the Theoretical Lap Times for both the Mustang and Camaro. We use our data logging software to cut and paste the best parts of every lap we ran for each car. This does two things. First, it is a measure of driver consistency. The closer the drivers Best Lap to the Theoretical Lap the more consistent the driver is. To be withing a second is good, under a second is better and under a half a second is beyond good. Second, this is a measure of the car and particularly the suspension. To be able to be consistent the car must be consistent. All a driver can ask of a car is to be stable and predictable. If the car delivers stability and predictability the driver knows what to do on every inch of the track. A really good car paired with a really good driver will deliver consistently good results. One is a measure of the other.

In the Camaro John was 3/10ths of a second slower in his Actual Lap Time compared to the Theoretical Best Lap Time.
In the Mustang John was 3/100ths of a second off in his Actual Lap Time compared to the Theoretical Best Lap Time.

This is another way of saying the same thing. Our DRIVER and our CARS were almost PERFECT.

John and the Mustang WERE perfect to be 3/100ths of a second apart in Actual vs. Theoretical Lap Times.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:57 PM   #61
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?

Drives: #21,644
Quote:
They are both red with black accents. They went by so fast I couldn't tell.
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:42 AM   #62
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Here is an update on the Theoretical Lap Times for both the Mustang and Camaro. We use our data logging software to cut and paste the best parts of every lap we ran for each car. This does two things. First, it is a measure of driver consistency. The closer the drivers Best Lap to the Theoretical Lap the more consistent the driver is. To be withing a second is good, under a second is better and under a half a second is beyond good. Second, this is a measure of the car and particularly the suspension. To be able to be consistent the car must be consistent. All a driver can ask of a car is to be stable and predictable. If the car delivers stability and predictability the driver knows what to do on every inch of the track. A really good car paired with a really good driver will deliver consistently good results. One is a measure of the other.

In the Camaro John was 3/10ths of a second slower in his Actual Lap Time compared to the Theoretical Best Lap Time.
In the Mustang John was 3/100ths of a second off in his Actual Lap Time compared to the Theoretical Best Lap Time.

This is another way of saying the same thing. Our DRIVER and our CARS were almost PERFECT.

John and the Mustang WERE perfect to be 3/100ths of a second apart in Actual vs. Theoretical Lap Times.

"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
Old 08-20-2010, 11:29 PM   #63
JusticePete

Here is the ad.

In car track vids coming soon.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:08 PM   #64
JusticePete

Pedders Camaro Track Video with Data

Saleen track video without the dat overlay
Old 08-31-2010, 09:33 AM   #65
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Pedders Camaro Track Video with Data

Saleen track video without the dat overlay
Is it just me, or does it seem one car seems to drive a little smoother than the other?...

Are you going to release a version of the SS runs like you did this current GT video?

KUDOS, BTW
Old 08-31-2010, 12:18 PM   #66
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Is it just me, or does it seem one car seems to drive a little smoother than the other?...

Are you going to release a version of the SS runs like you did this current GT video?

KUDOS, BTW
Which one did you feel drove smoother?

Yes we will do a cross cut version for the Camaro ass well as a data overlay version of the Mustang.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:53 PM   #67
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Which one did you feel drove smoother?

Yes we will do a cross cut version for the Camaro ass well as a data overlay version of the Mustang.
It looked and sounded like SS was able to put the power down smoother; that may just be my bias, though

SWEET!!! I'm looking forward to those, too