Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
DJ Grilles
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2010, 07:19 AM   #26
mattmiller85
 
mattmiller85's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LS 6-speed ABM
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 67
VIN: 80593
mattmiller85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:13 AM   #27
rocketman 12
SOON.........
 
rocketman 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM #1340(app.) 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Wolcottville, Indiana
Posts: 939
Here's mine: 45437 delivered Sept. 17
__________________
I can't wait to do this in my Camaro
rocketman 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:24 AM   #28
Badger

 
Badger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 1,227
Cool info Venom #4908 here
__________________
"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."

-- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:57 PM   #29
sstnt
 
sstnt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Broomfield, CO
Posts: 194
#03466, built April 15, 2009 (yeah, I know...probably not tax day in Canada though) ;0)
__________________
1SS ABM Manual, Black int., 20" PAWs, Sunroof
$$ down on dealer car #3466, pending Pw: 6-10-2009
Car Picked up by Shipper: 6-22-2009
Car has ARRIVED: 6-24-2009 (and she's a beauty!)
sstnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:14 PM   #30
mjdodd1107
lifelong Camaro coveter
 
mjdodd1107's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hamilton, NJ
Posts: 88
My VIN is 61370
__________________
Matthew Dodd

Toys:
2006 Harley-Davidson Dyna Street Bob
2010 2SS/RS ABM with White Stripes, Beige Interior and Polished Wheels
mjdodd1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:44 PM   #31
GEEo
OKCamaros
 
GEEo's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 WRX STi
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Muskogee, OK
Posts: 4,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by friskyshouse View Post
My ABM went camping
Im so jealous that you have the ABM!
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:57 AM   #32
stompyss
stompyss
 
stompyss's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss aqua blue 2ss
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: mooresville, IN
Posts: 5
thanks for the info venom
stompyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:35 AM   #33
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence
 
PAUL SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Smallest State in the Union
Posts: 8,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomZ302 View Post
I've got the information. There was a letter from Oshawa stating that there are 3610 ABM 2010 Camaros. I've got a list of all of them, with their VINs. Therefore, give me your VIN and I'll tell you what number produced you were. Mine was #438/3610.
Where did you get the number of 3610 abm's built, was it from spastic squirrel? If so, that may only represent U.S. bound Cars as Canadian bound cars did not show up on the squirrel. If 3610 are just U.S. cars, how many were built for Canada sales and what is the total abm count? If 3610 is indeed the total abm count, how many were destined for the U.S.? Questions, questions, questions. Curious minds want to know.
__________________
BMR, CAI, DynoMax, Elite Eng., Hurst, Jannetty, Clear Image Headers & Hi Flow cats, Jet Hot, LSR, TSW, Vredestein
PAUL SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:53 PM   #34
kingsnakes2LT
Kingsnakes2LT
 
kingsnakes2LT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT CAMARO, ABM, White Stripes
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 119
Send a message via Skype™ to kingsnakes2LT
Old subject -Can not get accurate numbers????


This is an old subject.
See the link below for a thread I started back in December of 09.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...l+ABM+Produced


If you read through this thread you'll see that the total number of ABM produced reported back on Jan. 10, 2010 was 3719 as reported by Camaro5 member "HOOPER".

In the same thread it was stated by Camaro5 member "mulehead7", that GM would release the final production numbers for ABM in June 2010.

Now in this new thread Camaro5 member "VenomZ302" claims there are 3610 ABM produced based on some letter from Oshawa.

I am not trying to attack anyone, or anthing like that, I am just a little pissed that we can not get any of the GM officials to make the anouncement of the total number of Aqua Blue Metalic Camaros produced. All cars, all exports to all countries, and all trim and option combinations.

I work in the Automotive Supplier industry. I know that Oshawa Production Control knows exactly how many ABM were produced, and in exactly what option/trim combinations. So why can't we get an official announcement from GM?

We are the owners of ABM, and we are some of the first 5th Gen Camaros purchased. I believe we deserve an official announcement by someone from GM like Scott Settlemeyer, Cheryl Pilcher , or John Fritzpatrick.

Remember, many of us purchased our cars without ever seeing the actual color on the car. We purchased the color, and the car, because we loved the new 5th Gen Camaro. We deserve to know how many of them there are in the world.

I ask all of Camaro5 members to help us get an official announcement on CAMARO5 for the production numbers of the Aqua Blue Metalic Camaro.
__________________

Kingsnake Ordered: Order # NKNMSX, 6-15-09 - 2LT, RS, with Auto6, Aqua Blue Metalic, Factory Installed White Rally Stripes, Sun Roof, & 20x8/20x9 Polished Alum. Wheels :cool

1100 Order Placed- 6/15/09
2000 Order Accepted by GM - 8/14/09
3000 Order accepted by Prod. Control - 8/19/09 - TPW 9/14/09
3800 Vehicle Produced - 9-15-09 - 2G1FC1EV1A9146788
4B00 Bayed - 9-16-09
4200 Available to Ship - 9-19-09
In Transit - 9-22-09
5000 Vehicle at Dealer - 9-25-09
6000 Delivered to Customer - 9-28-09
My Car, #1406 of 1592 ABM LTs built = PRICELESS
kingsnakes2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:05 PM   #35
3CamarosOnHand


 
3CamarosOnHand's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 3,287
I agree...it would be nice to have an OFFICIAL number from GM. I would like to believe it is 3610. I don't know why since it is discontinued this number cannot be out in the open. We should know. I'm going to Oshawa this week maybe someone there knows?? Will try to press more on the total numbers....
__________________
3CamarosOnHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:21 AM   #36
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail
 
VenomZ302's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Where did you get the number of 3610 abm's built, was it from spastic squirrel? If so, that may only represent U.S. bound Cars as Canadian bound cars did not show up on the squirrel. If 3610 are just U.S. cars, how many were built for Canada sales and what is the total abm count? If 3610 is indeed the total abm count, how many were destined for the U.S.? Questions, questions, questions. Curious minds want to know.
Yes, my list is from spastic squirrel, but it also has some Canada-bound cars as well. There do seem to be some cars missing from the list, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsnakes2LT View Post
If you read through this thread you'll see that the total number of ABM produced reported back on Jan. 10, 2010 was 3719 as reported by Camaro5 member "HOOPER".

In the same thread it was stated by Camaro5 member "mulehead7", that GM would release the final production numbers for ABM in June 2010.

Now in this new thread Camaro5 member "VenomZ302" claims there are 3610 ABM produced based on some letter from Oshawa.

I am not trying to attack anyone, or anthing like that, I am just a little pissed that we can not get any of the GM officials to make the anouncement of the total number of Aqua Blue Metalic Camaros produced. All cars, all exports to all countries, and all trim and option combinations.

I work in the Automotive Supplier industry. I know that Oshawa Production Control knows exactly how many ABM were produced, and in exactly what option/trim combinations. So why can't we get an official announcement from GM?

We are the owners of ABM, and we are some of the first 5th Gen Camaros purchased. I believe we deserve an official announcement by someone from GM like Scott Settlemeyer, Cheryl Pilcher , or John Fritzpatrick.

Remember, many of us purchased our cars without ever seeing the actual color on the car. We purchased the color, and the car, because we loved the new 5th Gen Camaro. We deserve to know how many of them there are in the world.

I ask all of Camaro5 members to help us get an official announcement on CAMARO5 for the production numbers of the Aqua Blue Metalic Camaro.
3719 may be the official number, since I've already come across a few that aren't on my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Judge
Venom

I really wish i could offer you a 100% guaranteed answer on the ABM's with regards to a final number , but the 3610 was the number advertised so i stuck with that total . Now if you include the CTF cars before production started that may or may not change things . The one thing you can take to the bank is all of you who own an ABM are in a very rare club , i know of many fans of the Camaro who are looking for a used ABM , they are in demand.

Best regards from Canada

Mike
This is what I got from the one who sent the letter with a signed print, so I'm not sure who you'd have to talk to to get the accurate data.
__________________

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!


2G1FT1EW2A9124579

Last edited by VenomZ302; 08-15-2010 at 01:55 PM.
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:24 AM   #37
BrianGriffin78

 
BrianGriffin78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 GMC Yukon
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 920
I love taking my car to the local car shows. People love the color and since the color is rare I am usually the only ABM there.
__________________
BrianGriffin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:24 PM   #38
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail
 
VenomZ302's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,788
Note: If the real count is 3716, your numbers may change a bit. If I can come up with a verified final count, I'll adjust the numbers and let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmiller85 View Post
VIN: 80593
Yours should be #3442.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman 12 View Post
Here's mine: 45437 delivered Sept. 17
Yours should be #1340.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Cool info Venom #4908 here
Hmmm... I thought I had you on my list, but I guess not. Best I can tell, yours is #14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstnt View Post
#03466, built April 15, 2009 (yeah, I know...probably not tax day in Canada though) ;0)
Yours should be #9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdodd1107 View Post
My VIN is 61370
Yours should be #2274.
__________________

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!


2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:46 PM   #39
CaniacFan


 
CaniacFan's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS CGM #75,288
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 3,954
Very interesting information... I hope you guys/gals get the true tally from GM. That is some neat stuff. And your ABM is a rare breed, indeed.
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:06 AM   #40
kingsnakes2LT
Kingsnakes2LT
 
kingsnakes2LT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT CAMARO, ABM, White Stripes
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 119
Send a message via Skype™ to kingsnakes2LT
Scott is working on getting us the numbers.



I sent one of our moderators "TAG UR IT" a PM asking if he could assist in getting us the production numbers for the ABM.

TAG UR IT replied with the following message from Scott Settlemire:

"Quoted directly from Scott yesterday.

we are sending numbers over to Camaro White Book - and when we do I'll try to break some of them down.........a matter of time getting to it......"

Hopfully it will not be long and we will have an official production number.
__________________

Kingsnake Ordered: Order # NKNMSX, 6-15-09 - 2LT, RS, with Auto6, Aqua Blue Metalic, Factory Installed White Rally Stripes, Sun Roof, & 20x8/20x9 Polished Alum. Wheels :cool

1100 Order Placed- 6/15/09
2000 Order Accepted by GM - 8/14/09
3000 Order accepted by Prod. Control - 8/19/09 - TPW 9/14/09
3800 Vehicle Produced - 9-15-09 - 2G1FC1EV1A9146788
4B00 Bayed - 9-16-09
4200 Available to Ship - 9-19-09
In Transit - 9-22-09
5000 Vehicle at Dealer - 9-25-09
6000 Delivered to Customer - 9-28-09
My Car, #1406 of 1592 ABM LTs built = PRICELESS
kingsnakes2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:02 AM   #41
mpsheedy
2010AQUABLUE
 
mpsheedy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Aqua Blue/white stripes
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New Windsor,Md.
Posts: 334
I have 41820 2 SS/RS
mpsheedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:14 PM   #42
Tessa
Mischief Managed
 
Tessa's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Southbound
Posts: 8,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsnakes2LT View Post
This is an old subject.
See the link below for a thread I started back in December of 09.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...l+ABM+Produced


If you read through this thread you'll see that the total number of ABM produced reported back on Jan. 10, 2010 was 3719 as reported by Camaro5 member "HOOPER".

In the same thread it was stated by Camaro5 member "mulehead7", that GM would release the final production numbers for ABM in June 2010.

Now in this new thread Camaro5 member "VenomZ302" claims there are 3610 ABM produced based on some letter from Oshawa.

I am not trying to attack anyone, or anthing like that, I am just a little pissed that we can not get any of the GM officials to make the anouncement of the total number of Aqua Blue Metalic Camaros produced. All cars, all exports to all countries, and all trim and option combinations.

I work in the Automotive Supplier industry. I know that Oshawa Production Control knows exactly how many ABM were produced, and in exactly what option/trim combinations. So why can't we get an official announcement from GM?

We are the owners of ABM, and we are some of the first 5th Gen Camaros purchased. I believe we deserve an official announcement by someone from GM like Scott Settlemeyer, Cheryl Pilcher , or John Fritzpatrick.

Remember, many of us purchased our cars without ever seeing the actual color on the car. We purchased the color, and the car, because we loved the new 5th Gen Camaro. We deserve to know how many of them there are in the world.

I ask all of Camaro5 members to help us get an official announcement on CAMARO5 for the production numbers of the Aqua Blue Metalic Camaro.
I think this would be nice for ALL cars....Colors/trims etc etc...I know Spastic Squirrel has info but - that doesn't include Canada so....I could have like 50 more of my car running around out there.....I really wanna know if she really is only 1 of 8 or like 1 of 700 ya know??

Plus, it'd be interesting to see -- I know there's a thread out there with graphs and stuff -- but the numbers don't really add up so....I kinda want a Spastic Squirrel....but....you know....accurate....
__________________
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:46 PM   #43
mikel441


 
mikel441's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Posts: 2,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsnakes2LT View Post

I sent one of our moderators "TAG UR IT" a PM asking if he could assist in getting us the production numbers for the ABM.

TAG UR IT replied with the following message from Scott Settlemire:

"Quoted directly from Scott yesterday.

we are sending numbers over to Camaro White Book - and when we do I'll try to break some of them down.........a matter of time getting to it......"

Hopfully it will not be long and we will have an official production number.
__________________
mikel441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:57 PM   #44
rudack
Rudack
 
rudack's Avatar
 
Drives: ABM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Posts: 749
Send a message via AIM to rudack Send a message via MSN to rudack
Someone need to change the title to ABM.
__________________
ABM 2SS/RS #33390
rudack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:14 PM   #45
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 9,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudack View Post
Someone need to change the title to ABM.
Agreed lol

Looking forward to official numbers!
__________________
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:09 PM   #46
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.
 
ihaveacamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: #198
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 4,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsnakes2LT View Post

I sent one of our moderators "TAG UR IT" a PM asking if he could assist in getting us the production numbers for the ABM.

TAG UR IT replied with the following message from Scott Settlemire:

"Quoted directly from Scott yesterday.

we are sending numbers over to Camaro White Book - and when we do I'll try to break some of them down.........a matter of time getting to it......"

Hopfully it will not be long and we will have an official production number.
Do you know if that will include pre-production? I want info on my car too! lol
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:50 PM   #47
ketel0ne

 
Drives: Used to have 2010 SGM
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Charles Town, WV
Posts: 1,317
I think the fact that someone has ~3600 of the ABM vin numbers is pretty impressive even if there are more. The SGM crowd is in a far worse spot when it comes to VIN's in 2010. I don't even think ours are in the Spastic Squirrel database. I believe all this talk of production counts will straighten itself out by November. That is usually when the Corvette counts are all certified and such. GM Vintage Service out of Canada should have the counts of some of the productions such as colors as part of info package for purchase.
ketel0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:53 PM   #48
Blue Bandit
 
Blue Bandit's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT RS AQUA BLUE
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Omaha
Posts: 446
Pie Chart

See attached
Attached Images
 
Blue Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:03 PM   #49
vernal
 
vernal's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS ABM 6M;1992 5.0 LX Hatch
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Posts: 247
I just want to give my compliments to whoever does the spastic squirrel database and the spreadsheet person as well! This kind of info is amazing, and I'm sure it was an effort!
vernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:23 PM   #50
aqueous blue
 
aqueous blue's Avatar
 
Drives: ABM/SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 11
#81141

Curious to know the number. I do know I was near the end of production. Thanks in advance VenomZ302
aqueous blue is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official AQUA BLUE METALLIC (ABM) Camaro Thread Tran Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 7118 Yesterday 09:43 AM
Why are all the ABM's on the East Coast and Mid-West? G10 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 32 12-29-2011 08:43 PM
Labor Day @ Clifton Va. BluGoose2 USA - Mid-Atlantic 3 09-10-2010 10:47 AM
Any other ABMs in Canada luckynuts Canada 4 06-26-2009 12:07 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.