Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-29-2010, 12:14 AM   #85
vuduman67

Drives: Victory Red 2SS/RS
Yes the grill will go back on. Just make sure you only cut as much of the bumper as necessary and the grille will cover the holes. Oh and just a tip,I covered the surrounding area with duct tape just in case I slipped with the file I was using while cutting the holes.
vuduman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:40 AM   #86
Tx1Lt
Mark it ZERO!

Drives: '10 Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by vuduman67 View Post
Yes the grill will go back on. Just make sure you only cut as much of the bumper as necessary and the grille will cover the holes. Oh and just a tip,I covered the surrounding area with duct tape just in case I slipped with the file I was using while cutting the holes.
Thanks for the tip! What kind of blade did you use?
Old 08-29-2010, 09:13 AM   #87
Becca
Frog

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
yes,the mail slot will go back in if u cut the slot the way it is pic in the resopnse post to my last posting. i just cut mine yesterday. i would suggest using a drimel with the flex extension and a drill bit to cut out section. it give u great control on cuting and is small enough to get inside area with out damaging anything. Fast a quick did not even have to take bumber off the car. just the top tabs holding it on top.

IYAAYAS
Becca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:21 AM   #88
vuduman67

I used a drill with a small drill bit and then a small round file. I also wired mine to my alarm system so when I press the alarm button it comes on and then when turn the alarm it goes off.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:11 PM   #89
Becca
Frog

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Ahhhh frustration!!! So I got my light bar in checked to see if it worked But did not go threw all the modes. I modified the bumper put on the 3M tape installed and started to check out the features. Well, the blue only works on half the bar. I have to contact AAC tomarrow to see about a replacement. Getting this thing back off is going to be a pain and have no idea what kind of condition it will be in if they want it sent back. I am not looking forward to trying to take this light back out. Sigh!!!!!!! So word of advice check all functions before installation.

IYAAYAS
Becca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:34 AM   #90
fugimo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS ABM
Finally my bar arrived a few days ago and installed it tonight, ended up using an exacto knife, not the box cutter type and it was very easy to cut, so took my time and made small cuts at a time. Have it temporally installed with double sided tape, will be stopping by the store tomorrow for the epoxy, thought I got it, but guess I didn't :(

Got it all working and the weirdest thing, the bar remote also is turning on, turning off and changing my RGB halos, which is good since I have both set and when I use the bar remote, both come on. The bad thing is, when I change my bar, the halos change and have to use the halo remote to get the halos back to the colors I am wanting. Should be a blast at "Beat the Heat" with racing the cop at the dragstrip, flashing blue bar with red halos

Just have the DRL leds to install (with harness), footwell lighting, hook up the side markers to the turn signals and when the DRL halos arrive, should be set and will be able to start taking some pictures and videos of it all. This has been a long month!
fugimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:30 PM   #91
Tx1Lt
Mark it ZERO!

I get confused with the remote. Is there a manual that says what each button does?
Old 08-31-2010, 02:32 PM   #92
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
My RGB scanner, footwell lighting, dome/trunk leds will be here tomorrow,
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:18 AM   #93
Tx1Lt
Mark it ZERO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
Here you go:

"A"= Changes the Speed
"B"= Changes the Color (RGB only)
"C"= Turns Power On/Off
"D"= Changes the Function

Perfect! Thanks bud!
Old 09-01-2010, 10:49 AM   #94
Dave2SSRS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
That is not the setup on my remote. Weird. "D" turns mine off. I guess I need to look at it when I get home! LOL

Richmond (Houston), TX
Dave2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:53 PM   #95
vuduman67

"A"= Changes the Speed
"d"= Turns Power On/Off
"c"= Changes the Function

That is how mine works. LOL
Old 09-01-2010, 07:13 PM   #96
Dave2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuduman67 View Post
"A"= Changes the Speed
"d"= Turns Power On/Off
"c"= Changes the Function

That is how mine works. LOL
Exactly!! That is how mine is as well.

Richmond (Houston), TX
Old 09-03-2010, 11:27 AM   #97
Nat's 2LT/RS
Nathan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Two questions for every one. Has anyone besides Dave not had a problem with the light bar working correctly? Second does anyone have any creative mounting suggestions on non-SS applications any photos would be awsome. I was thinking about mounting the bar in the grille above the bow tie.
Nat's 2LT/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:16 PM   #98
Dave2SSRS

hmmm... makes me wonder if heat is the issue? remember, my control box is mounted inside my airbox (CAI Intake) where it is nice and cool, all the time. Not sure if that has anything to do with my success with this product but it just came to mind and I thought I would share.

Dave

Richmond (Houston), TX