Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2008, 08:17 PM   #113
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M
 
OUR72GTO's Avatar
 
Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kamloops,British Columbia
Posts: 4,632
Just another another FIX OR REPAIR DAILY owner. No cause for alarm ...he made his worst decision when his brain said STANG.
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:29 PM   #114
ZombieEatsYou

 
ZombieEatsYou's Avatar
 
Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Waldorf, Maryland
Posts: 1,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanted View Post
I don't mean to poop on your parade here folks, but did you happen to notice on the news how GM gladly took our hard earned tax money because they claimed to be going broke and yet they still enjoy the use of their private 6 million dollar golf course on their 33 million dollar private island?
uhmm... That's the UAW's golf course, not GM's.
ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:34 PM   #115
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore
 
Xanthos's Avatar
 
Drives: Stick
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 12,566
Personally I think the V6 camaro sounds GREAT and has the power to back it up at that. Sure, its a little high pitched but even your precious ford V8 sounds high pitched at 7000 rpms.
- Xanthos
__________________
Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:28 PM   #116
DMX
 
DMX's Avatar
 
Drives: CrownVic,Suburban,Silverado,F150
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanted View Post
I don't mean to poop on your parade here folks, but did you happen to notice on the news how GM gladly took our hard earned tax money because they claimed to be going broke and yet they still enjoy the use of their private 6 million dollar golf course on their 33 million dollar private island? How soon we forget how they flew in on their private Jet with their hand out begging for money. I've always been a Chevy guy and was excited about the new Camaro, but this is too much. Bye GM, I'll be spending my money somewhere else.

By the way, I think you guys have been sitting to close to your monitors and fried your brains. That V6 Camaro sounds just like every wanna be rice burner I blow past every day.

First of all, that is the UAW's - not GM's. Two separate companies.

Nice first post, go troll somewhere else.
DMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:32 PM   #117
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanted View Post
I don't mean to poop on your parade here folks, but did you happen to notice on the news how GM gladly took our hard earned tax money because they claimed to be going broke and yet they still enjoy the use of their private 6 million dollar golf course on their 33 million dollar private island? How soon we forget how they flew in on their private Jet with their hand out begging for money. I've always been a Chevy guy and was excited about the new Camaro, but this is too much. Bye GM, I'll be spending my money somewhere else.

By the way, I think you guys have been sitting to close to your monitors and fried your brains. That V6 Camaro sounds just like every wanna be rice burner I blow past every day.
OK. We have more than a few Mustang guys and gals here and we are glad to have them. As this is your first post, consider this your first warning. Keep up the trolling and you won't last long.

Welcome to the site!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:30 PM   #118
Wanted
 
Drives: 05 Saleen Mustang
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2
Wow, you guys on this site are really sensitive! I quess other points of view are not welcomed here. The FORD sites that I also visit from time to time rarely bash a Chevy guy who's just trying to make a point. I'll stick with the sites for grown ups. Where the people who talk about their cars really own one not dream about it.
Wanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:33 PM   #119
Tantalizer43

 
Tantalizer43's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cincinnati OH
Posts: 1,357
Say it while you still can! Soon my friend, soon....

I must say, I love the rivalry!
__________________
Tantalizer43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:37 PM   #120
camaropete
I love crepes
 
camaropete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,571
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanted View Post
Wow, you guys on this site are really sensitive! I quess other points of view are not welcomed here. The FORD sites that I also visit from time to time rarely bash a Chevy guy who's just trying to make a point. I'll stick with the sites for grown ups. Where the people who talk about their cars really own one not dream about it.
Wanted, I don't want to speak for everyone, but let me say a few things. First, I think it was the way you came across with your first post. You sure didn't act like a grown-up making a grown-up post. I am sure if I went over to a Mustang post and made a comment like that about Ford, I would get bashed too. Second, you didn't even check your facts to make sure what you were saying was accurate. There is a huge difference between GM owning the course and island and the UAW owning it. Lastly, making personal comments about the members on this site is pushing it. If you don't like the sound, just say. You don't have to belittle people to make your point. If you can act grown-up and make mature posts, please stick around. If not, then enjoy the Mustang forums.
__________________
camaropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:43 PM   #121
stovt001


 
stovt001's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Posts: 3,812
Meh, when the best your company can do is a solid rear axle and 300 hp out of a V8, you have nothing else but to criticize using falsehoods. Pity.
__________________
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible" - Walt Disney

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:00 PM   #122
SoFlaZ

 
SoFlaZ's Avatar
 
Drives: Nothing special :-(
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 940
:troll:
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:07 PM   #123
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE...Drove: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 28,608
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanted View Post
Wow, you guys on this site are really sensitive! I quess other points of view are not welcomed here. The FORD sites that I also visit from time to time rarely bash a Chevy guy who's just trying to make a point. I'll stick with the sites for grown ups. Where the people who talk about their cars really own one not dream about it.
Less insensitive, and more impatient, I think.

Quote:
I don't mean to poop on your parade here folks, but did you happen to notice on the news how GM gladly took our hard earned tax money because they claimed to be going broke and yet they still enjoy the use of their private 6 million dollar golf course on their 33 million dollar private island?(< This)How soon we forget how they flew in on their private Jet with their hand out begging for money.(<This) I've always been a Chevy guy and was excited about the new Camaro, but this is too much. Bye GM, I'll be spending my money somewhere else.(<This)

By the way, I think you guys have been sitting to close to your monitors and fried your brains. That V6 Camaro sounds just like every wanna be rice burner I blow past every day.(<and this)
Are absolutely irrelevant to the thread, and negative to boot. Nobody's bashing you for making a point. I think you're reading responses to a post that closely resembles something a common troll would say.

You're more than welcome to post here, just try to be more on-topic, and less negative-because-you-can.

Everybody else: play nice, please.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Twice Before You Post.
...Anxiously waiting to order a silver "Z"...

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:18 PM   #124
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado
 
FenwickHockey65's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy/2007 Ford F-150
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,317
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanted View Post
I don't mean to poop on your parade here folks, but did you happen to notice on the news how GM gladly took our hard earned tax money because they claimed to be going broke and yet they still enjoy the use of their private 6 million dollar golf course on their 33 million dollar private island? How soon we forget how they flew in on their private Jet with their hand out begging for money. I've always been a Chevy guy and was excited about the new Camaro, but this is too much. Bye GM, I'll be spending my money somewhere else.

By the way, I think you guys have been sitting to close to your monitors and fried your brains. That V6 Camaro sounds just like every wanna be rice burner I blow past every day.
A) Not GM's golf course, not GM's private island.
B) Corporations have private jets for a reason, and GM, Ford, and Chrysler shouldn't have been bashed for it. The financials never had to give up their private jets, yet they are the ones who truly did receive taxpayer money free of charge. GM and Chrysler have to pay back the loans and give up their private jets.
C) I see you own a Ford...the only reason Ford decided not to get a loan was because they mortgaged practically everything they had to avoid bankruptcy. They're not out of the woods either.
__________________
FenwickHockey65's GM Thread!

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:54 PM   #125
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M
 
OUR72GTO's Avatar
 
Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kamloops,British Columbia
Posts: 4,632
So the UAW sells the golf course, and related fluff and pays the Pension funds off and all is OK!
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:57 AM   #126
fbodfather


 
fbodfather's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros................
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Grosse Pointe Farms, MI (suburban Detroit)
Posts: 4,487
welcome number 3!!!!


Glad you're on the site -- and thanks for sharing the pics and such with our fellow enthusiasts!

Drive safe! (and tell 'The Lil Messhuggena' that I said 'HI!' )
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro Product Manager - interview Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 11 04-04-2012 07:10 PM
Detroit News panel wants GM to build Camaro concept Tran 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 12 03-15-2009 05:38 PM
UPCOMING CAMARO IMPORTANT DATES CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 125 01-11-2009 01:31 AM
Comparison Test, by Proxy: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro vs. 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 AirGoya Chevy Camaro vs... 86 07-24-2008 12:20 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.