|09-04-2010, 09:17 AM||#1|
Drives: 1968 Bronco,2001 Fatboy,2010 SS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Pfadt Drop springs, Swaybars and adjustable end link installed!
Let me start by saying, No I do not have pictures of the install. I think there are enough of those to see.
I installed all of these products by myself and using only jackstands.(for those of you who like to do your own work on your cars) Install was basic and straight forward.
Ok, This is what I loved about the instructions,
1) They stated what all of the bolt sizes were, that saved sooooo much time.
2) They stated what kind and size of tools that would be needed to install, Again this saved soooo much time. This is also great for people who do not have extensive tools. they can go out an buy just the ones that they need.
3) Great pictures to follow and just as reference.
This is what was just ok with the instructions,
1) Sway bar instructions basicly said follow the OEM procedure to install. I do not have the OEM install process so that was kinda a bummer. BUT they did put in some helpful hints like the front sway bar should be taken out on the passanger side.
2) No instructions for how long to make the adjustable endlinks.
3) No explination on the adjustable rear sway bar. As far as what the 3 hole positions do.
This is what I have learned,
1) As always, the use of air tools makes this go so much faster.
2) I would HATE to unbolt the front sway bar mounts without and air ratchet.
3) Taking out the front sway bar and putting the new one back takes some patients and time to wiggle it around.
4) Make the adjustable endlinks the same size as the stock endlinks.
5) Getting a torque wrench on some of the bolts is not possible, at least with the torque wrenches I have.
6) Trying to torque the top strut nuts is difficult becaust the shock keeps turning. (Remedy) Install the strut and put a small amount of force on it and torque from the top.
7) The guys at PFADT are super great at answering questions AND spending time explaining things to you. ( you have GOT to RESPECT that the owner will take the time to speak with you.)
I am not a track guy so......
The car rides great, I can not even tell that the ride would be more harsh.
When I go on the ON and OFF ramps from the highway the car hands so well.
|09-06-2010, 11:44 PM||#2|
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Diego
Good job on the install and a good write up. Post some pics if you can, I'll be ordering the same set up you have.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Maximize Your Suspension ~ Hotchkis Swaybars, Springs and Chassis Braces!||Circuit Motorsports||Suspension / Chassis / Brakes||99||05-24-2010 04:21 PM|
|Hotchkis 10+ Camaro Springs, Swaybars, Bracing||SupremacyCustoms||Suspension / Chassis / Brakes||40||03-15-2010 11:55 AM|