Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:55 PM   #76
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Thanks to all for the pics...I'm loving this color blue so much!!!

Question...the center console looked to have the beige color in it also. So does the silver and the gray also have this color run up the console? Or is this not production?

Thanks again!!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:15 PM   #77
mmbarberoilman

Drives: 2SS, 48 Plymouth, 77 Coup Deville
That is a fact. Not many people at GM have a clue how to sell a car. 10 days after they went on sale I walked into Hamilton Chevy in Warren Mi and asked about the Camaro. The desk lady said she had no literature. I said I want to talk to a salesperson about the Camaro. They had 4 people at desks all on the phone about 6PM on a Thursday night. I walk around the tiny showroom and nothing about a Camaro anywhere. One salesperson gets free after 5 minutes and I ask him if he has any information on the Camaro. As he stretches out in his chair he says "nope nothing at all." Does not get up, shake my hand, ask who I am or introduce himself or offer my wife a seat or offer to find out any information or give me a card. I say that according to online they were to start taking orders on or about the 13TH. "Nope, no information" he says. OK, out I go and down the road to Ed Rinke where to make a long story short I was treated like a gentleman and given everthing that he had available from the GM computers including pricing and packages. He spends another 15 minutes showing us a Corvette in the showroom since the wife had asked about that. We look over the info, I kick it around some and determine what I want or need and on Halloween we go back and order an Orange pumkin for about $37,000. I guess the first dealership was just too tired and busy to take my money. We are not kids looking for a sticker or picture of a car. I am 56 years old and want to spend some money on a car that I fell in love with at first site at the 2006 Detroit Autorama. Michigan is hurting all over and that first dealership salesperson was just too lazy to get off his A-- to help a customer. Now after I put a grand down to get one I have yet to get any brochures, color charts, updates or anything from GM except my letter like everyone else recently got. GM needs to make a circus out of this and toot their own horn about this new car. They need to deliver all the preorders on the same day and have the press from every town cover it at every dealership. Selling a car today is a big deal and they need to capitolize on it with a lot more than I have seen so far. Sorry to rant, but my experience so far is less than I expected. I sincerly hope the car is as good as it seems it should be. I ordered a 2SS with everything except stripes or ground effects in Orange with the custom interior. My experience so far has me wondering what Inferno Orange is. Looking over the internet I am still not sure. If it is like the show car convertible a hugger Orange then I am extremely happy. Time will tell. I can not wait.
mmbarberoilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:53 PM   #78
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore

Drives: Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ2010 View Post
I thought the leather seemed cheap.I was not as impressed with the inside as the outside.The mph and rpm gauges seemed so much smaller then the pictures.I was alittle shocked at how cheap the inside looked.You can't see out of the car.There was many people complaining about all the blind spots.When we went up to the show yesterday we encountered two bad wrecks.The first one I pulled a man out of a Ford explorer that rolled over several times right in front of us.The next wreck a mini van pulled right out in front of a transfer truck and they had a sheet over the van.I feel sure people lost there life.I said all that to say, I hope nobody gets in a wreck in this car.I don't think most people could climb out of the window of this car right now must less it being mashed up alittle bit.I am only 5' 8" and 190 and was constantly moving my head down to see out the drivers side window.It seemed like a car that had the roof chopped.I still love the car and think it is great and have one ordered.I just wanted to share a few impressions of the car.
Odd - I'm 5'8" and I had to stretch up to see out of the windows. I think its a difference in the up/down adjustment of the seats.
- Xanthos
Old 01-10-2009, 08:07 PM   #79
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
Odd - I'm 5'8" and I had to stretch up to see out of the windows. I think its a difference in the up/down adjustment of the seats.
- Xanthos
That's what I was referring to. The seats have an up/down verticle adjustment in addition to the forward back (closer/further from the pedals) adjustment. It sounds like the seat was on the higher end of things.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:14 PM   #80
camaro5

Drives: Off Into The Sunset
Thanks for the pics!

That IBM goes from mild to wild with the metallic content. Add white rally stripes - delicious!

I believe this interior was made for me - nice pics of the interior, btw.

It melds memories of my '69 Camaro with the 2010 Camaro. 4 pack gauge flashback.

No center "pod" dominating the IP, and the IP/Door accents are fresh.
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:55 PM   #81
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore

Drives: Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Legend View Post
Thanks to all for the pics...I'm loving this color blue so much!!!

Question...the center console looked to have the beige color in it also. So does the silver and the gray also have this color run up the console? Or is this not production?

Thanks again!!
Nah - its the same color as all the other interiors (except that beige stripe up at the top and on the doors) - I think what you're seeing is the darkish gray metallic picking up some of the light/color around it and getting a beige tint.
- Xanthos
Old 01-10-2009, 08:59 PM   #82
StarkyLuv
Future 5th Gen Owner

Drives: 2006 Chevy Equinox AWD/LT
That's the EXACT car I ordered (but with black leather interior).

It's nice to see it in bright lights. Makes me more jazzed than ever!
StarkyLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:14 PM   #83
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Added following pics by CAMAROLT76 in first post:

Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:19 PM   #84
StarkyLuv
Future 5th Gen Owner

I'm drooling. That color looks SO cool in low lights. It catches the surrounding colors better than any other color.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:41 PM   #85
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkyLuv View Post
I'm drooling. That color looks SO cool in low lights. It catches the surrounding colors better than any other color.
My last car was indigo metallic blue (GM color) and looked almost like this...actually it was really, really close to this!!

Anyway...it was so perfect in lights like this and even in the sun it was perfect!! Anyone who ordered this color, in my opinion, will be really, really happy!!! I got so many compliments on the color on my car!!

I didn't order the color (yet anyway...) as I got SIM since the last 3 GM cars I've owned have all been some shade of blue...trying to change things up!!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:43 PM   #86
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
I just realized that these pics make the ambient lighting seem more possible. Notice how it kinda has a clear outline on the entire trim. I think theyll get it to work the way they wanted to. I dont remember seeing any of the other panels having a clear outline like these. Im looking for the pics that i have of the ABL on.
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:27 PM   #87
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
i also just realized these pics make the interior look real cheap!!
Old 01-10-2009, 11:45 PM   #88
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Really, i dont think so, it looks good
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:49 PM   #89
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Ok let me correct myself the plastics look cheap
Old 01-10-2009, 11:59 PM   #90
camaro5

Drives: Off Into The Sunset
Interior Pics =

Exterior Pics =

Overall Appeal =

camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:06 AM   #91
StarkyLuv
Future 5th Gen Owner

Yes, I just love the lines on the thing. I'm actually not even impressed with the interior (I like a little more buttons and flashy lights, this is where Japanese cars are awesome), but the panel isn't "bad" by any stretch.

And the plastic in this car needs a good Armor-All application for sure. But I find no faults in this car and I can't wait to be turning heads around Maryland this summer.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:25 AM   #92
t3chfr3ak

Drives: mazda 6
I guess they had to skimp on interior quality to make this car this cheap. I just dont understand why GM is still walking the same line in making cheap cars made cheaply. Haven't they learn from other companies and their own past that this strategy does not work? Exellent quality=new and repeat buyers. Crap quality = one time buyer. Doesnt that just makes sense?
t3chfr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:08 AM   #93
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Those are the EXACT reasons GM doesnt want people getting in these cars at auto shows YET,

Not production materials....yet!
Old 01-11-2009, 01:34 AM   #94
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3chfr3ak View Post
I guess they had to skimp on interior quality to make this car this cheap. I just dont understand why GM is still walking the same line in making cheap cars made cheaply. Haven't they learn from other companies and their own past that this strategy does not work? Exellent quality=new and repeat buyers. Crap quality = one time buyer. Doesnt that just makes sense?
See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalizer43 View Post
Those are the EXACT reasons GM doesnt want people getting in these cars at auto shows YET,

Not production materials....yet!
That's absolutely right.

That interior hasn't been grained. That is; the textures and exact materials aren't in place. It's still pre-production since they're working on things. Don't judge quality by pictures, and DEFINITELY don't judge quality from THESE pictures.

This interior will be on par or better than recent entries in the Chevrolet showroom, like the Malibu and Impala, etc. Don't worry.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:23 AM   #95
t3chfr3ak

Drives: mazda 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
See below.

That's absolutely right.

That interior hasn't been grained. That is; the textures and exact materials aren't in place. It's still pre-production since they're working on things. Don't judge quality by pictures, and DEFINITELY don't judge quality from THESE pictures.

This interior will be on par or better than recent entries in the Chevrolet showroom, like the Malibu and Impala, etc. Don't worry.
I hope so cause ill be disappointed if looks like those pics when I receive mine.
Im just glad the got rid of the whole AC Delco look. If things turn out good with quality this is a good leap in the right direction.
t3chfr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:26 AM   #96
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3chfr3ak View Post
I hope so cause ill be disappointed if looks like those pics when I receive mine.
Im just glad the got rid of the whole AC Delco look. If things turn out good with quality this is a good leap in the right direction.
You have nothing to worry about.
I've been in a closer-to-production-than-this interior, and so long as you like the layout -- materials, fit and finish will be wonderful.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:30 AM   #97
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I just noticed.... why does the screen for the DIC look about 1" shorter than the spot on the instrument cluster it sits in? There's a "blank" flat plastic looking thingy there above the screen that looks out of place.

Is this a preproduction thing? I don't recall seeing a picture of it before.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:35 AM   #98
Mr. Wyndham

The screen is slightly smaller than the space it fits in...It's production, I'm pretty sure. Not clear on the "why", though...
Attached Images

Old 01-11-2009, 03:03 AM   #99
diddiyo

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Ok let me correct myself the plastics look cheap
i have to agree :/ especially the stuff around the gauges :/ but everything else

Last edited by diddiyo; 01-11-2009 at 03:19 AM.
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:35 AM   #100
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
Interior Pics =

Exterior Pics =

Overall Appeal =

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote