Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:44 PM   #1
cam fan

Drives: fast
tail light DRL

I am planning on installing LEDs on the rear of the car but need help determining which wire i can tap into for power to run as DRLs w/o circuit overload or screwing up the electrical system.

- LEDs will go inside tail light

thnx!
Old 10-17-2010, 12:32 AM   #2
overhaulengines

Drives: Red 2SS/RS M6
hello, check out a few of my threads
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109776
you can get power from the fuse panel by the driver door, use a tap fuse, see thread above,
from there you would run it to a switch and run it all the way to the back, you can then control them with your switch anytime you like, and dont have the car on or the key in the ignition.
see this post you can see the harness and it runs to the back of the car. read all the posts
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110986
let me know if this helps, or if you need more help

lupe

Visit www.camarocustoms.com for all our products and services...like us on Facebook.....check out photo albums here for lots of pics and ideas
overhaulengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:25 AM   #3
cam fan

niiice - ty Lupe!

I will def use that for future mods, but I can be pretty careless at times....i.e. I probably might forget to turn the rear lights off.

Is the fuse you used in the 1st link connected to the circuit that runs the halos? That is my idea, to have the LEDs in the tail light on as long as car is on/halos are on.

Thanks!!!

Old 10-17-2010, 12:42 PM   #4
overhaulengines

Drives: Red 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam fan View Post
niiice - ty Lupe!

I will def use that for future mods, but I can be pretty careless at times....i.e. I probably might forget to turn the rear lights off.

Is the fuse you used in the 1st link connected to the circuit that runs the halos? That is my idea, to have the LEDs in the tail light on as long as car is on/halos are on.

Thanks!!!

well if you dont want to control them, you can just find the wire in the tail lights and tap into that one. the one thats hot when you tail lights come on. if your not to sure, send me a pm, i'll give you my # and you can give me a call to see if i can help any further

lupe

Visit www.camarocustoms.com for all our products and services...like us on Facebook.....check out photo albums here for lots of pics and ideas
overhaulengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:45 PM   #5
cam fan

very excited about getting this underway

I will poke around to see which wire has voltage as long as the car is on to the rear and use that.

we will see soon enough lol