Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 10-25-2010, 06:24 PM   #15
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
the officials have to make a living to.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:31 PM   #16
sangerbanger58

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT/RS
of couse the pats get the win from the chargers the NFL babys Tom Brady and a few weeks back the refs. screwed the lions too..... im just waittng tell the refs. screw my Raiders again
sangerbanger58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:47 PM   #17
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
Chargers lost because of more than a couple bad calls, they were very sloppy all day except the two TD drives in the 4th...their D played tremendous....the best I'd ever seen them play, but you can't keep letting Tom Brady stick around in a game...it'll always come back to bite you in the ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
/\ THIS
OREALLY.... You guys obviously just caught the highlights on SportsCenter... Tom Brady was non-existent.
True there were 5 Turnovers, but the Refs ultimately decided this one. TOTAL MISSED CALLs... and I don't normally blame it on refs.

Rivers threw for over 300 yds minus his 3 top receivers, and Gate played hurt. Brady couldn't even get a 1st down...

Attached Images

Old 10-25-2010, 08:16 PM   #18
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
OREALLY.... You guys obviously just caught the highlights on SportsCenter... Tom Brady was non-existent.
True there were 5 Turnovers, but the Refs ultimately decided this one. TOTAL MISSED CALLs... and I don't normally blame it on refs.

Rivers threw for over 300 yds minus his 3 top receivers, and Gate played hurt. Brady couldn't even get a 1st down...

No Mike I watched Rivers and his crew self destruct in the first quarter. That's all I needed to see. It was enough for me to know where that game was likely to head. I mean it's not like the Chargers don't have a -4 or so turnover ratio on the year with horrible special teams' play. The Chargers are imploding and I have to say it's enjoyable to watch.

Besides, it doesn't matter if Rivers threw for 300 or 400 yards. A loss is a loss. Palmer had a big game for the Bengals and still lost. I'm sure he would have rather thrown for 150 and won.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:45 PM   #19
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
The refs blew a call in the Steelers/Dolphins game too. Ben clearly fumbled going into the end zone and the Dolphins recovered.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #20
arod55
AROD55

Drives: 1955 Chevy Bel Air Hardtop
I was at the Charger game yesterday and saw a lot of bone-head plays from the players and a couple of bonehead calls from the refs. I predicated 8-8 this year for my Chargers because of all the changes they made and by not signing key players. Now 4-12 is more realaistic. Hopefully we will get good draft choices. Go Chargers!!!!
arod55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:23 AM   #21
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Quote:

I watched every single play, and IIRC the Pats won...so Brady did enough.

show all the stats u want, because a team thats #1 in both offense& defense and has a 2-5 record...shows that stats are over rated
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:40 AM   #22
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
No Mike I watched Rivers and his crew self destruct in the first quarter. That's all I needed to see. It was enough for me to know where that game was likely to head. I mean it's not like the Chargers don't have a -4 or so turnover ratio on the year with horrible special teams' play. The Chargers are imploding and I have to say it's enjoyable to watch.

Besides, it doesn't matter if Rivers threw for 300 or 400 yards. A loss is a loss. Palmer had a big game for the Bengals and still lost. I'm sure he would have rather thrown for 150 and won.
No doubt they have imploded and every bit of it was due to bonehead plays and mistakes...
The topic of this thread was the Refs, which in this game and this game alone DEF made the difference in the outcome.

Enjoy it while it lasts buddy... Hopefully it won't be for long...

Quote:
I watched every single play, and IIRC the Pats won...so Brady did enough.

show all the stats u want, because a team thats #1 in both offense& defense and has a 2-5 record...shows that stats are over rated
Stats tell the whole story, always have, always will... Big eye opener to what really happened in that game.

Bolts dominated... (Lucky for the Pats they won't get to see the Chargers in the playoffs) guarantee they'd rather see anyone else... Just ask the Colts.

Arrrrggggghhhh to be a Charger fan... Maybe a change in Avitar will help...
Old 10-26-2010, 09:53 AM   #23
3 SS's

Quote:
Stats tell the whole story, always have, always will... Big eye opener to what really happened in that game.

Bolts dominated... (Lucky for the Pats they won't get to see the Chargers in the playoffs) guarantee they'd rather see anyone else... Just ask the Colts.

Arrrrggggghhhh to be a Charger fan... Maybe a change in Avitar will help...
what really happened was the Pats won ..... isn't that the stat that matters sometimes you win ugly
yeah, lucky for the Pats cause the Chargers have been their nemesis in the playoffs
Old 10-26-2010, 12:26 PM   #24
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
sometimes you win ugly
At least we agree on something... Looking at those stats it doesn't appear the Pats will be going far this year unless they keep winning ugly. :emoticon7:
Old 10-26-2010, 02:08 PM   #25
Dave Coyle

Drives: 2010 SS , 1970 Z-28, 2002 Avalanche
I'll say, what about that B.S. call on Calvin Johnson in the first game for Detroit against the Bears!!!!! Cost us the game.
Kooks 1 7/8 LT Headers/Hi-Flo Cats/Corsa Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI / Port Intake
Precission 2400/2800 Converter/3.73 AAM gears
Livernois Motorsports Tune

Best time: 11.97 @ 117 MPH
Dave Coyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:52 PM   #26
3 SS's

Quote:
At least we agree on something... Looking at those stats it doesn't appear the Pats will be going far this year unless they keep winning ugly. :emoticon7:
I remember a Raven team a few years back winning ugly all the way to the Superbowl...just sayin
Old 10-26-2010, 04:54 PM   #27
3 SS's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coyle View Post
I'll say, what about that B.S. call on Calvin Johnson in the first game for Detroit against the Bears!!!!! Cost us the game.
actually...that's a rule problem, not a bad call
Old 10-26-2010, 05:15 PM   #28
3 SS's

Enjoy !!!