Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

RDP Motorsport
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 11-10-2010, 12:43 PM   #26
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by smegmelly30 View Post
Alright, sorry to bring this back but I've been busy and I'm just getting back to this.
I'm thinking about applying the rubberizer/flexible additive, then painting over that. That should make the paint stick, right? If so, are there directions I could find somewhere? Stop me if this is a terrible idea..

It's a bad idea, stop.....
h2oplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:06 PM   #27
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by smegmelly30 View Post
Alright, sorry to bring this back but I've been busy and I'm just getting back to this.
I'm thinking about applying the rubberizer/flexible additive, then painting over that. That should make the paint stick, right? If so, are there directions I could find somewhere? Stop me if this is a terrible idea..
No, that would make paint that is properly sprayed onto the car FLEXIBLE so that it gives with the bumper just in case it gets flexed. It's your car but any way that you decide to do it other than the correct way is going to look like crap. There are all kinds of websites out there that will explain to you how to paint your car but do you honestly think that you will be able to do it just by reading some data? What about the equipment? That stuff ain't cheap unless you buy the made in China garbage. If it were that easy, all of us would be painting cars. My father did it for 40 years and I don't know how to do it. I could have been taught by the best.

If it were my Camaro, I would have it professionally fixed. It's not a Pinto, it's part of American pride.

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote