Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Camaro Convertible Forum For all Camaro Convertible specific discussions

Old 11-16-2010, 11:56 AM   #26
Jay_LHD3

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS LS3
To be honest the past pictures of the vert did nothing for me. I'm not a vert guy. But wow, after watching the videos, I like!!!!!!!!!

Motion does wonders!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 12:34 PM   #27
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Interesting that they list the LS3 oil capacity as 8.9 qts. My 2010 owners manual lists 8.0 qts.

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:35 PM   #28
Steeler NY

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM Vert
THANK YOU!!

I have been waiting for this for a long time!!

I cant wait to order and have it in the driveway next summer!!
Old 11-16-2010, 12:37 PM   #29
BWProductions
StormTrooper

Drives: SW 2SS/RS Vert with Beige top soon
I think I'm in love!!! I can't wait to see it and maybe even get a vert!
Old 11-16-2010, 12:39 PM   #30
RafCon

Drives: 2004 YZF-R1
Really impressive video! And to see the top go down, FINALLY!!!!!!! I'm a little disappointed that they didn't incorporate the Tonneau cover, but it is what it is.

Overall, it got me excited again and I was worried that after waiting 5+ years, it was going to disappoint. I can't wait to see it in person at the L.A. Auto Show!!! I hope they let us get up close and personal with it!! Thanks for sharing this info! VERY EXCITING!!
RafCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:47 PM   #31
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
this a repost? I don't know.

franknbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:59 PM   #32
RafCon

Nice Video! Great overhead shot at the end! Thanks for sharing! I hadn't seen that one yet.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:02 PM   #33
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
The relocation of the trunk lock cylinder also cleans up the Camaro convertible’s appearance, moving from the panel between the taillamps to a discreet area between the rear seat back cushion and driver’s side interior panel. The change retains full, lockable access to the trunk, with the keyless remote fob also offering easy trunk access.
WTF? This car has no trunk lock cylinder.....
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:06 PM   #34
RafCon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
WTF? This car has no trunk lock cylinder.....
Sounds like it is inside the car?
Old 11-16-2010, 01:17 PM   #35
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RafCon View Post
Sounds like it is inside the car?
No I mean, from what it sounds like its describing they are moving the trunk lock cylinder form the trunklid to the interior.... except there is no lock cylinder on the trunklid to begin with!
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:47 PM   #36
Jake
Go Speed Racer!!!

Drives: Camaro Concept Convertible
So if I understand it correctly, the Tonneau cover is not built-in and has to be manually added and removed!?!?!?!?

Doesn't this defeat the point of having a powered convertible top!?!? I mean, if I have to get out of the car and remove the Tonneau in order to put the top up, that seems ridiculous!?!?!?!? From a design perspective, it is like fighting to pass and run the ball down to the 1 yard-line and just stopping!?!?!?

Or even better, it is like having a screen door for the front door of your house that you have to remove manually and put it back in place every time you want to walk through the front door. I hope that with the next generation of the Camaro coupe and convertible that Chevy realizes they have a world-class car that can and should be competing with BMW and Mercedes.

That being said, I think the Camaro Convertible is the best looking car I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!! It is soooooo coooooool and I can't wait to get one!!!!!!!!!

Jake

Designer for BulletTrain at www.BulletTrain.com and Editor & Publisher of Jake's Rolex World Magazine located at www.RolexMagazine.com
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:01 PM   #37
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
STARS!
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:08 PM   #38
odie23

Drives: Jeep
“people tend to want to hang onto convertibles for a long time” you think that’s because it takes longer to pay a vert off, lol. I don’t understand the trunk lock being in the backseat, Even though I understand it cleans up the deck lid but unless its fob operated it sounds like its going to be a hassle especially when the tops up. Also, surprised a hard tonneau cover isn’t being offered considering GM usually seems to pride itself on offering finished looking verts (especially when they are comparing themselves in the vids with premium vehicles). Not a deal-breaker, just disappointing.
odie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:45 PM   #39
redracer1
I Feel The Need For Speed

Drives: 2002 35th Anniversary SS/LE
Take from a 4th Gen Vert owner GM does a good job. I dont have any cowl shake or vibration. Far as the weight each car will be diff just like the coupes. I have yet to lose to a stock 4th gen coupe.(yes I'm stock also) and GM will take the 5th Gen to another level than the venerable 4th Gen. Far as the boot mines a three piece hard boot and is relatively easy to take on and off. It comes with a leather case for storage that forms to the contour of the trunk. If I didn't have mine in such prestine condition I might trade mine in on one....Hmmmm now a Z28 Vert that'd be worth trading for.
2002 35th Anniversary Camaro SS/LE #30
2001 Brickyard 400 Track Car#10 SLP#101
http://www.socalmuscle.net/ http://www.losangelesinvasion.com/
redracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:52 PM   #40
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
No I mean, from what it sounds like its describing they are moving the trunk lock cylinder form the trunklid to the interior.... except there is no lock cylinder on the trunklid to begin with!
The convertible concept had a trunk lock cylinder next to the bowtie. It looks like they actually listened to the terrible reaction that got and moved it inside the car.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:08 PM   #41
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
So that's what my car looks like as a convertible. Hmmmm....... That might be the first convertible I've ever considered.

Same here, it looks like it is going to be worth the wait for those wanting a vert. makes me wish I had extra money to get a vert too.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:59 PM   #42
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
May be able to do a "trip report" next week. Keep your fingers crossed.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:14 PM   #43
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
BTW, thanks C5 Admin for giving us 'vert buyers a sticky thread.

Tib
Tiberious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:29 PM   #44
gold5000000

Drives: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRULZ View Post
More...Ultra fatty...Lol..

266lbs extra for the auto SS!

.26 seconds slower in the 1/4 mile...Under 100mph for trap speed...
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW:barf :
gold5000000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:46 PM   #45
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
It just means we're going to have to drop a little cash into a cold air intake and a few more performance mods, it's not the end of the world.

As I understand it, a mod chip can take care of it all by itself, but then it brings up the whole warranty thing. It's a sacrifice, but one 'vert owners should be used to.

Tib
Tiberious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:13 PM   #46
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
TY for the vidz man! It looks better than I thought it would, still, verts are more like "sports" cars than muscle cars imho, however it's WAY cooler looking than the stang! good job GM!
Old 11-16-2010, 07:29 PM   #47
DaddySS
Kept The Faith

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Outstanding! Can't wait!

It would have been nice if the Tonneau were automatic but at least it's one piece and probably a weight savings that way.
DaddySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:30 PM   #48
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRULZ View Post
More...Ultra fatty...Lol..

266lbs extra for the auto SS!

.26 seconds slower in the 1/4 mile...Under 100mph for trap speed...
Well that does it. Now I can't buy the vert. Everytime my wife or myself go out for a drive we'll have to worry about getting beat by a stock coupe by 1/4 of a second!!! Out of the 100's of times this happens everytime we go to the grocery store or a Sunday drive,,,,I just couldn't live with myself:(

Face it. Something I learned 30+ years ago, there's ALWAYS someone or something faster out there somewhere.
pony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:33 PM   #49
DaddySS
Kept The Faith

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
So if I understand it correctly, the Tonneau cover is not built-in and has to be manually added and removed!?!?!?!?

Doesn't this defeat the point of having a powered convertible top!?!? I mean, if I have to get out of the car and remove the Tonneau in order to put the top up, that seems ridiculous!?!?!?!? From a design perspective, it is like fighting to pass and run the ball down to the 1 yard-line and just stopping!?!?!?

Or even better, it is like having a screen door for the front door of your house that you have to remove manually and put it back in place every time you want to walk through the front door. I hope that with the next generation of the Camaro coupe and convertible that Chevy realizes they have a world-class car that can and should be competing with BMW and Mercedes.

That being said, I think the Camaro Convertible is the best looking car I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!! It is soooooo coooooool and I can't wait to get one!!!!!!!!!

Jake
For a quick top down drive - or spur of the moment - you leave the tonneau off. If you're going top down for the full day or weekend, you pop it on.
DaddySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:03 PM   #50
Mick

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS M6 VR Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
...I think the Camaro Convertible is the best looking car I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!! It is soooooo coooooool and I can't wait to get one!!!!!!!!!

Jake
I couldn't have said it better, Jake!!!
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote