Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 10-30-2010, 03:37 AM   #26
Moonshade

Drives: ABM LS
I'm at just under 15,000 and the only time I get any noise is under the usual circumstances.
Moonshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:37 PM   #27
Vince69

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT (about to purchase)
Yes, this is very common actually. This isn't really a big problem it's just annoying. There's this product called "anti brake squeal" you pretty apply this onto the surface of your pads.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:32 PM   #28
gill7784

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince69 View Post
Yes, this is very common actually. This isn't really a big problem it's just annoying. There's this product called "anti brake squeal" you pretty apply this onto the surface of your pads.
Anti-squeal is applied to the areas where the caliper comes in contact with the pad. For clarification, this is on the BACK side of the pad, not the portion that contacts the rotor. Applying anti-squeal is best done when putting on new pads, so it is really not a time or cost effective cure to already squealing brakes.

The only good Mustang is one who was prior enlisted.
gill7784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 07:24 PM   #29
Vince69

Quote:
Originally Posted by gill7784 View Post
Anti-squeal is applied to the areas where the caliper comes in contact with the pad. For clarification, this is on the BACK side of the pad, not the portion that contacts the rotor.
I saw a mechanic put a certain kind that goes in the front. It's applied like paint and they wait for it to dry for about 15-20 mins. It makes a coat like barrier between the rotor and the pads. You must be referring to lubricant, that's what you put on the back of the pads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gill7784 View Post
Applying anti-squeal is best done when putting on new pads, so it is really not a time or cost effective cure to already squealing brakes.
Yeah, it goes without saying that you need new pads. So I'm saying if you do choose to buy new pads you'll want to apply some of this next time.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:01 PM   #30
sangerbanger58

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT/RS
Mine just started to do it and I have less then 2500 mile on it o well almost due for a oil change I have them check it out when I go
sangerbanger58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:31 PM   #31
HopeRidesAlone

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
ive got almost 15k miles on mine and have the squeak starts when i slowly brake then they keep squeaking after im off the brakes its annoying as anything i guess i jsut gotta take it to the dealer and they should be able to fix it under warrenty with the new pads right?
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:32 AM   #32
Vince69

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeRidesAlone View Post
ive got almost 15k miles on mine and have the squeak starts when i slowly brake then they keep squeaking after im off the brakes its annoying as anything i guess i jsut gotta take it to the dealer and they should be able to fix it under warrenty with the new pads right?
They can always give you the "nah, nothings wrong with it. It's absolutely normal, happens to all cars after a while" answer. But yeah, as long as your still under the warranty you should go take it back to em. I'm about to buy my camaro in a week or two and first thing im gonna do to then is take the brakes apart and put some anti squeal on em. We're still talking about the non brembo's right?
Old 11-18-2010, 05:37 PM   #33
HopeRidesAlone

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
yes the v6 stock breaks
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:03 AM   #34
Vince69

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeRidesAlone View Post
yes the v6 stock breaks
Does anyone know how to solve the problem on 2 pairs of brembos tho? Would the anti squeal thing still work? I heard the brembos get the squeal rather easily.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:48 AM   #35
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: Black 2SS/RS 2014; JK Wrangler 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
Mine started tonight. Mostly when braking and when we were moving at very low speeds. Its got to be the pads. But its never done it before today.
Ohh dear !!

Maybe it got infected from the forum .

Guys, I do assume that this is a GM manufacturing defect because every single Camaro owner (including me) are facing the squeal probelm.

It disappears whenever I clean the brakes and use the car regularly, but comes straight away whenever I stop the car for 24hrs +.

What a shame.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:29 AM   #36
xx_ED_xx

Drives: 04 Silverado
BRAKES you are not taking a smoke break. I have never seen anything you spray on the pad surface, makes no ****ing sense. As soon as you stop it is gone. I have seen the anti squeal stuff that you spray on the pad where it contacts the pistons for the calipers. I have also seen the shims and the rtv type stuff. I have also heard of cleaning and lubricating the retention pins and knocking the edge off the pads to rid of squeaking BRAKES.

If at 14000 miles you paid 800 bucks for a front brake job I hoped they gave ya a kiss on the way out. The car has like a complete 36000 warranty. Then there is longer coverage on certain areas of the car I know last time i checked emissions related equipment was 80000.

Some one chime in and let me know.
xx_ED_xx is offline   Reply With Quote