Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2010, 04:52 PM   #26
y2k king

 
y2k king's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 ss camaro
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: spring hill, fl
Posts: 1,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEXYRED808 View Post
ACS IS CORRECTING THE MOUNTING NOT GARY

have you read any posts about caps?
__________________
10/28/2010 got it
y2k king is offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 05:00 PM   #27
CleanCutCreations
 
CleanCutCreations's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 329
Tough crowd...Huh Gary? I'll draw their fire as usual and you take cover...



CleanCutCreations is offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 05:05 PM   #28
orange10s.c.

 
orange10s.c.'s Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: panama city fl
Posts: 4,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P. HEMI View Post
Sorry to hear this hope u can get this worked out.I had some problems with gary also with a heritage grill that he painted for me that didnt match that he insisted that it did and had an attitude because i called him on it. I ended up just letting it go because i was crunched for time and didnt have anymore time to deal with this so i just bought another one and had it done correctly.Good luck with this hopefully gary will man up and make it good.I know he will never see anymore business from me and if he rips you off for that much money maybe you should go about it another way.
Come on man i never gave you an attitude about the grille you said didnt match. I have painted over 100 of them and NEVER had a prob with ANY not matching. You sent pics. of it installed and it looked perfect. and you said well you cant tell in the pics. I told you to send it back if you were still not happy and you said ok. Well a week or 2 weeks go by then you called again and said there are blemishes in the grille itself from the factory. I again said send it back and i will refund your money and you again said ok i will send it back. This was about a YEAR ago and now for some reason after never hearing from you again it's now an issue. Some people i tell ya !!!
orange10s.c. is offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 05:07 PM   #29
orange10s.c.

 
orange10s.c.'s Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: panama city fl
Posts: 4,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutCreations View Post
Tough crowd...Huh Gary? I'll draw their fire as usual and you take cover...



Well with over 500 items sent out to C5 customers there will be a few errors or mistakes i'm sure. and took care of any and all that have come up without any issues at all.
orange10s.c. is offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 05:14 PM   #30
orange10s.c.

 
orange10s.c.'s Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: panama city fl
Posts: 4,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykb47l View Post
Exactly my point. If he was upfront about this I would of gone with a different order.

GARY KNOWS THAT THE SPLITTER IS NOT AVAILABLE.

Yet he charges you for it and tells you to wait. He advertises this as a complete set. Even after I have been very polite and patient I can not wait any longer. And to top it off I told him I wanted to return the bumper for a refund two weeks ago but would wait a little while longer.

I am NOT blaming Gary for the splitter not being available. I am blaming him for selling me something that's not available and not being upfront.

Unacceptable!



AGAIN i was never told of a deff. date that the splitter would of been ready. It's not that it is NOT AVAILABLE they are making changes to it and are waaaaaaaay behind on getting it finished. It WILL be made but i cannot help that is taking this long.
orange10s.c. is offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 05:37 PM   #31
sykb47l
 
sykb47l's Avatar
 
Drives: 73' VW Bug
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange10s.c. View Post
AGAIN i was never told of a deff. date that the splitter would of been ready. It's not that it is NOT AVAILABLE they are making changes to it and are waaaaaaaay behind on getting it finished. It WILL be made but i cannot help that is taking this long.
Gary,

Why not tell me that they are running way behind on making the splitter when I asked how long this would take? I asked you this before placing the order.


Did you ever tell me that the splitter was not available and that it could take this long to receive? No

Did you tell me I would receive my order in a week to week and a half? Yes

Did you ever mention that the splitter would arrive separately before I asked? No

Did you charge me for part of an assembly that you personally knew was not available? Yes

How am I being unreasonable? I told you two weeks ago that I would be asking for a refund and to have this bumper picked up.

You simply are being dishonest at this point.
__________________
sykb47l is offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 05:44 PM   #32
orange10s.c.

 
orange10s.c.'s Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: panama city fl
Posts: 4,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykb47l View Post
Gary,

Why not tell me that they are running way behind on making the splitter when I asked how long this would take? I asked you this before placing the order.


Did you ever tell me that the splitter was not available and that it could take this long to receive? No

Did you tell me I would receive my order in a week to week and a half? Yes

Did you ever mention that the splitter would arrive separately before I asked? No

Did you charge me for part of an assembly that you personally knew was not available? Yes

How am I being unreasonable? I told you two weeks ago that I would be asking for a refund and to have this bumper picked up.

You simply are being dishonest at this point.


I DID NOT KNOW AT THE TIME OF YOU PLACING THE ORDER THAT IT WOULD BE THIS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG FOR THEM TO GET IT DONE.


they were supposed to be shipped out at the same time as the the bumpers were available. They had to go back and change the way they mounted and redo the moulds to re make. this happened between the time you placed the order and the bumper came in and was painted and shipped to you. I was told at that time that it might be 2 weeks for them to be ready. In return that's what i relayed to you. If you want the money back for the spitter i need your paypal info so i can send that money back to you.
orange10s.c. is offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 05:56 PM   #33
sykb47l
 
sykb47l's Avatar
 
Drives: 73' VW Bug
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange10s.c. View Post
I DID NOT KNOW AT THE TIME OF YOU PLACING THE ORDER THAT IT WOULD BE THIS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG FOR THEM TO GET IT DONE.


they were supposed to be shipped out at the same time as the the bumpers were available. They had to go back and change the way they mounted and redo the moulds to re make. this happened between the time you placed the order and the bumper came in and was painted and shipped to you. I was told at that time that it might be 2 weeks for them to be ready. In return that's what i relayed to you. If you want the money back for the spitter i need your paypal info so i can send that money back to you.

Again. I do not want this bumper without being complete. You can send me a full refund and sale the bumper to someone that likes it without the splitter. It is wrapped up and ready to go. It has not been installed and is in the same condition that I received it. You can also exchange it for the T3 bumper WITH splitter unpainted and as long as its instock and complete....the choice is yours. Keeping this bumper does not work for me. Sorry but that i will not accept.

It doesnt look the same.
__________________
sykb47l is offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 06:06 PM   #34
heRS


 
heRS's Avatar
 
Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 6,047
Gary, I am chiming in as a customer service professional here...
Customer ordered from you for a project he needs both pieces to finish. You have been unable to satisfy him by providing both pieces and an unreasonable amount of time has gone by.
You should have UPS pick it up and refund his money, or supply him with the part that should have been delivered in a timely manner.
IF you have problems with YOUR supplier, you should NOT hold your patient and frustrated customer up any longer. He should not be in this position, and you, as a merchant wishing to come across as professional, should offer to take the product back. I already would not order from you because you come across in an inflammatory manner and your customer is being quite reasonable in his request.
You also state that for the past year you have been offering another upset customer the option to return a product and yet you are digging your heels in on the OP. Where's the line? You return for one but not another? Consistency would be appropriate.
I recently was held up for over 3 months on an order for a pair of working boots for my husband. I will never EVER buy from Chippewa boots again and I suggest y'all follow suit because they come across like a bunch of entitled ingrates. I requested my money back and got it but not without a fight. Instead I am spending $375. more and having custom boots made for him. Someone who is giving me GOOD customer service is getting my business now.
Any road, were this case on my desk I would be refunding the customers money and apologizing for the entire situation profusely. You will make more money in the long run by coming across as a hero instead of a zero. One dissatisfied customer can draw a LOT of attention, as you are finding out here. Just give the poor guy his money back and let him get on with his project.
__________________
Tori
click the sig pic to view my build thread


heRS is offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 07:58 PM   #35
WiccaJew

 
WiccaJew's Avatar
 
Drives: Black & Blue 1SS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Back In The Desert
Posts: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
Gary, I am chiming in as a customer service professional here...
Customer ordered from you for a project he needs both pieces to finish. You have been unable to satisfy him by providing both pieces and an unreasonable amount of time has gone by.
You should have UPS pick it up and refund his money, or supply him with the part that should have been delivered in a timely manner.
IF you have problems with YOUR supplier, you should NOT hold your patient and frustrated customer up any longer. He should not be in this position, and you, as a merchant wishing to come across as professional, should offer to take the product back. I already would not order from you because you come across in an inflammatory manner and your customer is being quite reasonable in his request.
You also state that for the past year you have been offering another upset customer the option to return a product and yet you are digging your heels in on the OP. Where's the line? You return for one but not another? Consistency would be appropriate.
I recently was held up for over 3 months on an order for a pair of working boots for my husband. I will never EVER buy from Chippewa boots again and I suggest y'all follow suit because they come across like a bunch of entitled ingrates. I requested my money back and got it but not without a fight. Instead I am spending $375. more and having custom boots made for him. Someone who is giving me GOOD customer service is getting my business now.
Any road, were this case on my desk I would be refunding the customers money and apologizing for the entire situation profusely. You will make more money in the long run by coming across as a hero instead of a zero. One dissatisfied customer can draw a LOT of attention, as you are finding out here. Just give the poor guy his money back and let him get on with his project.
Agreed the OP is just looking for a refund on a item that he has purchased from you. If YOUR supplier is in the wrong, it is not his problem to make it right. When a customer is in a time restraint he should not be pushed to wait for an item that has no estimated arrival. He can do with his car what he wants to. You are putting this customer through a lot of stress. Just take care of him. He is even still looking to do business with you, which I think is very fair of him.
__________________



ARH 1 7/8 headers, ARH 3" XPIPE, MBRP 3" Catback
WiccaJew is offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 08:14 PM   #36
GJG

 
GJG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Beaumont, Tx
Posts: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
Gary, I am chiming in as a customer service professional here...
Customer ordered from you for a project he needs both pieces to finish. You have been unable to satisfy him by providing both pieces and an unreasonable amount of time has gone by.
You should have UPS pick it up and refund his money, or supply him with the part that should have been delivered in a timely manner.
IF you have problems with YOUR supplier, you should NOT hold your patient and frustrated customer up any longer. He should not be in this position, and you, as a merchant wishing to come across as professional, should offer to take the product back. I already would not order from you because you come across in an inflammatory manner and your customer is being quite reasonable in his request.
You also state that for the past year you have been offering another upset customer the option to return a product and yet you are digging your heels in on the OP. Where's the line? You return for one but not another? Consistency would be appropriate.
I recently was held up for over 3 months on an order for a pair of working boots for my husband. I will never EVER buy from Chippewa boots again and I suggest y'all follow suit because they come across like a bunch of entitled ingrates. I requested my money back and got it but not without a fight. Instead I am spending $375. more and having custom boots made for him. Someone who is giving me GOOD customer service is getting my business now.
Any road, were this case on my desk I would be refunding the customers money and apologizing for the entire situation profusely. You will make more money in the long run by coming across as a hero instead of a zero. One dissatisfied customer can draw a LOT of attention, as you are finding out here. Just give the poor guy his money back and let him get on with his project.
well said.....

Gary....in the intrest of full disclosure i bought from you and my parts came in OK....but i was uneasey with your lack of Customer service....i don't like spending 500.00 + and having to ask for confirmation, delivery times etc.....

with that said....thank me later for scanning the T3 instructions and emailing them while sending the templates via USPS to one of your customers who's Ports showed up less those critical items......he came on the boards asking for help after he could not get them from his "vendor"....
__________________
Sleep well America.....my MARINE has your back......

Last edited by GJG; 11-30-2010 at 08:50 PM.
GJG is offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 08:15 PM   #37
R.I.P. HEMI
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: california
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange10s.c. View Post
Come on man i never gave you an attitude about the grille you said didnt match. I have painted over 100 of them and NEVER had a prob with ANY not matching. You sent pics. of it installed and it looked perfect. and you said well you cant tell in the pics. I told you to send it back if you were still not happy and you said ok. Well a week or 2 weeks go by then you called again and said there are blemishes in the grille itself from the factory. I again said send it back and i will refund your money and you again said ok i will send it back. This was about a YEAR ago and now for some reason after never hearing from you again it's now an issue. Some people i tell ya !!!
First of all gary i dont know how you have painted over a 100 of these and never had a problemm when you dont even get the paint code off the car.Im not a painter by trade but everytime i get something painted they get the paint code because every orange camaro isnt the same .If im wrong about this will someone tell me.Second of all you cant tell in the pics like i told you, and if you would of read the post i didnt have the time to deal with this crap.It seems like you have time to take peoples money but no time to make sure things are correct before you send them out ,dont worry your not the only one doing this.Man up and make it right.
R.I.P. HEMI is offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 08:31 PM   #38
Jeanius


 
Jeanius's Avatar
 
Drives: Blk/Blk LS3 SS
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Golden State
Posts: 2,460
What a screwed up situation...

I agree that the OP should not have to deal with this the way he is, he has been very patient and reasonable


Gary I understand its not your fault but it is definitely not your customers fault that YOUR supplier is dropping the ball, you should probably take care of this guy cuz as of now you've lost 1 more customer.....
__________________
2SS LS3 M6 - MGW - Dynatech LT's HF Cats - Magnaflow Street CB - ADM Race CAI - Pedders Xa Coilovers - Pfadt Sways
Jeanius is offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 08:39 PM   #39
camaro2lt
 
camaro2lt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt VR/RS CGM Rally's
Join Date: May 2009
Location: palmyra pa
Posts: 5,265
lol
__________________
camaro2lt is offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 08:41 PM   #40
wrbear
Banned
 
Drives: 2010, 2SS, IOM/CGM Stripes, 4/24/10
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston,TX
Posts: 869
I came across this post yesterday and read the OP's view and the vendors reply's today. In the end this will not bod well for the vendor. I for one am not to pleased with the defensive "it's their fault" position the vendor has taken. The replies are not good business practices in any books. I am not sure what the return freight costs would be but I believe the cost to the business(s) (both of them) will be much greater if this continues. There have been many times I have ordered items and had to cancel them 30 or more days later when they were suppose to be "in stock". I was able to get my money back because I payed with a credit card. I see this individual did not...."Lesson Learned". my2.
wrbear is offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 09:02 PM   #41
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech
 
Russo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Raceland, LA
Posts: 1,386
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P. HEMI View Post
First of all gary i dont know how you have painted over a 100 of these and never had a problem when you dont even get the paint code off the car.
even if you were to get the OE paint codes, humidity can make the colors vary... i chuckle when i hear anyone selling any prepainted "to match" parts...
Russo is offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 11:14 PM   #42
SFCamaroSS
Proud To Serve
 
SFCamaroSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM/SILVER 2SS W/RS Package
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fayetteville NC
Posts: 154
Wow this is crazy. I was considering buying some items from Gary but after reading this post I will look for them someplace else. Here is definitely one more customer you have lost because your customer service needs a relook. Making this right would have definitely been the way to go.
__________________
I have the best job in the world....
U.S. ARMY Special Operations
SFCamaroSS is offline  
Old 12-01-2010, 06:57 AM   #43
XxDooMxX
 
XxDooMxX's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: KSA
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCamaroSS View Post
Wow this is crazy. I was considering buying some items from Gary but after reading this post I will look for them someplace else. Here is definitely one more customer you have lost because your customer service needs a relook. Making this right would have definitely been the way to go.
Same here...

and i hope you guys sort it out somehow..
XxDooMxX is offline  
Old 12-01-2010, 07:23 AM   #44
CleanCutCreations
 
CleanCutCreations's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutCreations View Post
Tough crowd...Huh Gary? I'll draw their fire as usual and you take cover...




Quote:
Originally Posted by orange10s.c. View Post
Well with over 500 items sent out to C5 customers there will be a few errors or mistakes i'm sure. and took care of any and all that have come up without any issues at all.
No problem...just bustin' you a little. I've got 30 grilles goin' out this week too....gotta quit typin' and get to work!
CleanCutCreations is offline  
Old 12-01-2010, 08:27 AM   #45
thespymaster


 
thespymaster's Avatar
 
Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: G4 CLASSIFIED
Posts: 4,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCamaroSS View Post
Wow this is crazy. I was considering buying some items from Gary but after reading this post I will look for them someplace else. Here is definitely one more customer you have lost because your customer service needs a relook. Making this right would have definitely been the way to go.
Bottom Line Up Front: Gary Customs stopped doing business with another large supplier of aftermarket parts, after that supplier kept delaying shipments or send products with missing parts (name with held on purpose) who used to be here on Camaro5!


I talked with ACS at SEMA, even tried to hit them up for sponsorship ( ) at SEMA for that bumper with splitter and specifically asked about availability and he said "NOW" as if I couldn't the sponsorship, I was ready to buy!




So, when ACS dealers (GARY CUSTOMS) are told ready to ship, Garys tells his customers SYKB471 yes, available to ship and then when ACS fails to deliver, it appears GARY CUSTOMS is the culprit, when in fact it's ACS!!

I notice ACS made no response on this THREAD yet!!!

Not saying GARY is perfect, mistakes do happen, but he does remendy the problem! Despite what the masses think, GARY CUSTOMS did not sponsor VETERAN 1, I spent thousands of dollars with him; without incident!





__________________
2014 C7 Stingray 3LT/Z51
2013 Camaro SS
2012 Camaro ZL1 - 850 HP
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4

Last edited by thespymaster; 12-01-2010 at 04:58 PM.
thespymaster is offline  
Old 12-01-2010, 11:10 AM   #46
SEXYRED808
Account Suspended
 
Drives: yellow RS/SS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: birmingham, al
Posts: 30
here is acs phone number for anyone who is scarred to call them directly:
Tel (514) 828-1000
SEXYRED808 is offline  
Old 12-01-2010, 12:30 PM   #47
gm2376
 
gm2376's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black 2ss Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Macomb Twp, MI
Posts: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEXYRED808 View Post
here is acs phone number for anyone who is scarred to call them directly:
Tel (514) 828-1000
It doesn't matter at this point what ACS says. The item was sold as complete....bumper and splitter. He was told they would be together....they are not. Customer service falls on Gary. If you buy a Sony TV from Best Buy.....its missing the remote or is damaged in the box(no external damage on the box). Best Buy will not return saying its not their fault.......who is a fault....are you going to Sony? I doubt it.
gm2376 is offline  
Old 12-01-2010, 12:41 PM   #48
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,775
Ok time to regroup here.

Obviously the staff can't take sides in a situation like this.

But, we will not allow our forums to be used as a bully pulpit to pressure any member, sponsor or not, into doing something.

I am in no way saying you have to agree with either party but we won't let members "gang up" on another to apply leverage. Feel free to comment then please move on.

Only the buyer and seller can resolve this issue... Please be respectful in your discussions.

You may not like how this situation is being handled, and you are free to say so... Just don't cross the line of trying to force some type of response.
GTAHVIT is offline  
Old 12-01-2010, 12:41 PM   #49
CleanCutCreations
 
CleanCutCreations's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
even if you were to get the OE paint codes, humidity can make the colors vary... i chuckle when i hear anyone selling any prepainted "to match" parts...
For what it's worth....do you know that any parts of a Camaro (or any other car/truck for that matter) that are not sheetmetal (bumpers, handles, trim ect..) are painted off site from where that vehicle is assembled? Read: NOT PAINTED WITH THE CAR. All using an "OE paint code". There is always a slight varience in color from sheetmetal to a bumper cover/trim. The manufacturers do the best job they can and have improved colormatch greatly in the past several years. Even the sheetmetal paint colors can vary between buildplants and that is why there are color variencies made by aftermarket paint manufacturers. So this being true...all bumpers and trim are "pre-painted to match" from factory. So, chuckle on.......
CleanCutCreations is offline  
Old 12-01-2010, 01:18 PM   #50
Never Satisfied
220/221 whatever it takes
 
Never Satisfied's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 1SS/RS M6 SW
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lafayette In
Posts: 979
Huh....did I miss the post(s) where other members are forcing Gary to give the guy his money back?
__________________
2010 Summit White 1SS/RS M6
479rwhp/451rwtq 12.03 @ 121.62mph (1.9 60')
Never Satisfied is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canadian Built Camaro, Foreign Cars and US Jobs alfie43 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 86 09-12-2010 09:22 PM
Garys Customz Fenders CarbonSS Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 19 08-19-2010 05:19 PM
Will this void my warranty? (collection of merged threads on this topic) shad2009 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 110 04-08-2010 02:17 PM
Laws Protecting Consumers for Aftermarket Parts strauchpete Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 9 01-17-2010 08:31 AM
IMPORTANT Part 1 Warranty Disputes Zeus Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls 11 08-25-2009 11:37 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.