Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2010, 09:00 PM   #51
george
SS/RS Fan
 
george's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro SS/RS & BMW M3/E92
Join Date: May 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 119
thePill:
Interesting posts, you know your marketing. I welcome your comments on this site. I think you have a great car but in so far as looks go, my personal opinion is, the stang just doesn't have the same appeal as the Camaro. By the way, I was stationed at LRMC and picked up an M3 (2008) from Terry at Pentagon. Frankly, the M3 has the fine details down to an art (track stuff, handling, etc.), sort of like a scalpel. But if you want a fun car that's a blunt instrument (ie Bowie Knife) but is loads of fun, the Camaro is the king. The Herms can talk all they want about American muscle, our cars are just plain fun to drive. Their cars don't have the same brute force. By the way, I've driven many Porsche and the M3 has them beat as the best all around car. I'll be going back to LRMC this summer, I'll try to look you up if I can. Seriously though, I think the Mustang is a great car. Enjoy it over there Have fun on A6 with those wanna be's in their Opels. Many regards from an AF colleague (I know what you mean about the Army at Ktown)

Geo
george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:35 PM   #52
Leeiswho2b
 
Drives: 2009 Shelby GT500
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 12
2010 yes. 2011.....forget about it!
__________________
2009 Shelby GT500 - Black w/ stripe delete, 2.6, idler, JLT CAI, Steeda H/E, Lund tune, Flowmaster axlebacks, MT ET Streets, Chrome FR500's, more to come...

2003 Cobra Vert - Sold

1993 Cobra #4267 - Turbo - Got Boost??? - Sold!!!

2007 Suzuki Hayabusa - Custom everything

It's all relative in West Virginia!!!
Leeiswho2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:05 AM   #53
Z28RockStar

 
Z28RockStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dallas Tx
Posts: 2,084
Talking ROIGHT! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
Normandy would be very cool but is pretty far from here, and even worse.. we would have to go into France...

I know your joking around, that's usually the reason I read your post. Besides, being Air Force and working with the Army.. I have developed pretty thick skin and a large variety of gay and mom jokes.

Right on Brother, didn't know you were military! AWESOME! Thank You for your service, my Father was an Air Force medic during VietNam! Much respect to you sir! One vet to another, love that Stang Bro, be safe and have as much fun as you can!

still waiting on pix. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

__________________
Who doesn't love puppies and beer?
Z28RockStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:29 PM   #54
thePill
Account Suspended
 
Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kaiserslauthern, Germany
Posts: 1,268
@ george, I have another son on the way come the 31st-ish of December. He will be born there in Landstuhl, in fact, the wife is going there tomorrow for an OB appointment. I will be going home (Pittsburgh) in April for 30 days and I should be around all summer long... I got a job to do down south, somewhere in the unpleasant come fall... Look me up, I live in Heltersberg, south of Vogelweh off of 270 (I'm a SSgt/Security Forces). Don't know if your ADAF still or sep/ret but I can help get you around until you get some transportation if I am not posted.

@ ZRock, AF medic? not a fun job... probably alot of stories... In my line of work, I will not talk to vet medics.. It puts the fear in ya... Anyway, no need to thank me man... I got enough stories of my own, the war kinda paid for itself...

I appreciate the post reads, I know they are way too long. Sometimes when you have a really complicated question, it helps to put your info up on a chalk board and step back and look at the big picture... I find forums a good place to do this, it sure beats tacking up news paper clippings and writing figures and estimates on my garage walls like Russell Crowe in the movie "a Beautiful Mind"... The mental health office might bring me a nice white jacket for Christmas... with extra long sleeves that fasten in the back...
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:39 PM   #55
Memphis SS
 
Memphis SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS A6 White/Orange Stripes
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Arlington, TN.
Posts: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeiswho2b View Post
2010 yes. 2011.....forget about it!
:troll:
__________________
2011 Camaro SS 2004 Corvette CE
2004 Ranger
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:17 PM   #56
Z28RockStar

 
Z28RockStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dallas Tx
Posts: 2,084
Talking

[QUOTE=thePill;2622389
I appreciate the post reads, I know they are way too long. Sometimes when you have a really complicated question, it helps to put your info up on a chalk board and step back and look at the big picture... I find forums a good place to do this, it sure beats tacking up news paper clippings and writing figures and estimates on my garage walls like Russell Crowe in the movie "a Beautiful Mind"... The mental health office might bring me a nice white jacket for Christmas... with extra long sleeves that fasten in the back...[/QUOTE]


^^LOL^^
__________________
Who doesn't love puppies and beer?
Z28RockStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:05 PM   #57
thePill
Account Suspended
 
Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kaiserslauthern, Germany
Posts: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28RockStar View Post
^^LOL^^
You would be cool to drink beer with... God how I miss drinking beer with an American... I might be able to export some Heller Bock... that's all I can do for now.. (off topic.. I know... but, its fresh Heller Bock.. or what I call Rams head..)
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #58
Leeiswho2b
 
Drives: 2009 Shelby GT500
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
:troll:
I'm not the "Brand Loyalty" guy. I owned a 2SS/RS M6 until 8/09. I have no problems owning another. I actually have an ad in the for sale forum. The reason a lot of people didn't buy 10's was that Ford was changing over to the new 5.0's in 11'. Just as a lot of 10' Maro owners are going to be trading in for the new Z. Why not wait for the platform change and get a better vehicle?!?!?!?!?!? Common sense goes a long ways!

That and the fact that 2010 was the Maro's first year of production since 02'. So of course there was going to be quite a bit of interest! So, troll on that!
__________________
2009 Shelby GT500 - Black w/ stripe delete, 2.6, idler, JLT CAI, Steeda H/E, Lund tune, Flowmaster axlebacks, MT ET Streets, Chrome FR500's, more to come...

2003 Cobra Vert - Sold

1993 Cobra #4267 - Turbo - Got Boost??? - Sold!!!

2007 Suzuki Hayabusa - Custom everything

It's all relative in West Virginia!!!

Last edited by Leeiswho2b; 12-09-2010 at 03:30 PM. Reason: add
Leeiswho2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:00 PM   #59
Memphis SS
 
Memphis SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS A6 White/Orange Stripes
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Arlington, TN.
Posts: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeiswho2b View Post
I'm not the "Brand Loyalty" guy. I owned a 2SS/RS M6 until 8/09. I have no problems owning another. I actually have an ad in the for sale forum. The reason a lot of people didn't buy 10's was that Ford was changing over to the new 5.0's in 11'. Just as a lot of 10' Maro owners are going to be trading in for the new Z. Why not wait for the platform change and get a better vehicle?!?!?!?!?!? Common sense goes a long ways!

That and the fact that 2010 was the Maro's first year of production since 02'. So of course there was going to be quite a bit of interest! So, troll on that!
Why post negative comments on a forum when you don't even own a Camaro and this is only your what 3rd post.. I will say it again.. TROLL

PS: You’re going to talk to me about common sense on waiting for the new platform.. Have you even read about the release date on the next gen? It's only about 5 years out. Why would anyone want to wait that long if they are ready to buy now or like the current style. I think that would also apply to the Mustang. I hope Ford updates the current style within the next 5 years as well but I don't think buyers wanting a Mustang or a Camaro now are going to wait to see if it is better 5 years down the road.. Most trade every 3 to 5 years anyway.
__________________
2011 Camaro SS 2004 Corvette CE
2004 Ranger

Last edited by Memphis SS; 12-09-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:16 PM   #60
george
SS/RS Fan
 
george's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro SS/RS & BMW M3/E92
Join Date: May 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 119
thePill:
Are there alot of Camaro's over there now? When I was there last year, I didn't see many. In so far as LRMC is concerned, it is a good hospital. I was AF Anesthesia there-only 4-5 of us. That place can get busy though; I would put in 4-6 epidurals a night on top of call and surgeries. Despite all that, it was better than when I was being deployed to some hole. Make sure your wife gets an epidural. It makes life much easier! I look forward to seeing you, I'm not sure when I'll be there but would love to see your car when I get in. Regards.

George

Last edited by george; 12-09-2010 at 07:35 PM.
george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:24 PM   #61
Leeiswho2b
 
Drives: 2009 Shelby GT500
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
Why post negative comments on a forum when you don't even own a Camaro and this is only your what 3rd post.. I will say it again.. TROLL

PS: You’re going to talk to me about common sense on waiting for the new platform.. Have you even read about the release date on the next gen? It's only about 5 years out. Why would anyone want to wait that long if they are ready to buy now or like the current style. I think that would also apply to the Mustang. I hope Ford updates the current style within the next 5 years as well but I don't think buyers wanting a Mustang or a Camaro now are going to wait to see if it is better 5 years down the road.. Most trade every 3 to 5 years anyway.
As above, I have owned a 5th gen. Probably before you received yours. I took delivery in July 2009. Not posting negative comments, just pointing out facts. I was talking about the powerplant platform in the Mustang GTs. There was no sense in purchasing a 2010 when Ford was changing over to the TiVCT technology on the new 5.0. That would be a reason that 2010's GT's did not sell as well. I was also pointing out the fact that Maro's hadn't been produced since 02', so of course there was going to be a lot of interest from enthusiasts. I just felt the thread was being slanted, although I do realize this is a Maro forum. Wouldn't expect anything less.

I was also pointing comparisons of the 2010 vs 2011 GT's and the 2010 SS to the Z28 in regards to sales. I'm sure quite a few wished they waited for the Z to come out instead of puchasing the SS. The same point between the 10' Stang and the 11'. I wasn't bashing. Maybe you were being too close-minded to understand!

I am actually thinking about trading my Shelby for a F/I 2SS/RS, but you sir make me rethink these actions. But hey, there's a ton of douchebags driving Mustangs so..........

BTW, if I am such a troll then why feed me?!?!?!? In no way did I bash the Camaro!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!! I respect all and fear none!
__________________
2009 Shelby GT500 - Black w/ stripe delete, 2.6, idler, JLT CAI, Steeda H/E, Lund tune, Flowmaster axlebacks, MT ET Streets, Chrome FR500's, more to come...

2003 Cobra Vert - Sold

1993 Cobra #4267 - Turbo - Got Boost??? - Sold!!!

2007 Suzuki Hayabusa - Custom everything

It's all relative in West Virginia!!!

Last edited by Leeiswho2b; 12-09-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Leeiswho2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:10 PM   #62
Memphis SS
 
Memphis SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS A6 White/Orange Stripes
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Arlington, TN.
Posts: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeiswho2b View Post
As above, I have owned a 5th gen. Probably before you received yours. I took delivery in July 2009. Not posting negative comments, just pointing out facts. I was talking about the powerplant platform in the Mustang GTs. There was no sense in purchasing a 2010 when Ford was changing over to the TiVCT technology on the new 5.0. That would be a reason that 2010's GT's did not sell as well. I was also pointing out the fact that Maro's hadn't been produced since 02', so of course there was going to be a lot of interest from enthusiasts. I just felt the thread was being slanted, although I do realize this is a Maro forum. Wouldn't expect anything less.

I was also pointing comparisons of the 2010 vs 2011 GT's and the 2010 SS to the Z28 in regards to sales. I'm sure quite a few wished they waited for the Z to come out instead of puchasing the SS. The same point between the 10' Stang and the 11'. I wasn't bashing. Maybe you were being too close-minded to understand!

I am actually thinking about trading my Shelby for a F/I 2SS/RS, but you sir make me rethink these actions. But hey, there's a ton of douchebags driving Mustangs so..........

BTW, if I am such a troll then why feed me?!?!?!? In no way did I bash the Camaro!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!! I respect all and fear none!
Funny how you have all these cars listed in your sig you owned but exclude your Camaro. Then your 3rd post is NO way will Camaro out sell the Mustang in 2011 on a Camaro forum. Yet I'm the closed minded one.
PS: You say you’re stating the facts but your post was regarding 2011 sales.. Do you have any stock market tips, if your that good I could use a few
__________________
2011 Camaro SS 2004 Corvette CE
2004 Ranger

Last edited by Memphis SS; 12-09-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:23 PM   #63
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,787
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Let's take it down a notch, gentlemen....
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:13 PM   #64
Leeiswho2b
 
Drives: 2009 Shelby GT500
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
Funny how you have all these cars listed in your sig you owned but exclude your Camaro. Then your 3rd post is NO way will Camaro out sell the Mustang in 2011 on a Camaro forum. Yet I'm the closed minded one.
PS: You say you’re stating the facts but your post was regarding 2011 sales.. Do you have any stock market tips, if your that good I could use a few

These are the three most recently owned cars I have had. Pics posted below of them. I purchase, like to make them how I envision them, get bored, then move on. I really need to start leasing!!!!!! Vehicles have always been my toybox!!!! They are my addiction!

I was just explaining the reasons why the point of this thread was true (IMHO). I was not disputing the fact, just the reasoning behind. I was actually trying to be constructive in the latter posts. Just a good ribbing in the 1st!
When is a rivalry not good when all in good fun? I like all muscle. Ford, Chevy, and Dodge included!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Let's take it down a notch, gentlemen....
Point taken. I'm in the market for a supercharged 10'+ if anyone is interested in an immaculate Shelby!








__________________
2009 Shelby GT500 - Black w/ stripe delete, 2.6, idler, JLT CAI, Steeda H/E, Lund tune, Flowmaster axlebacks, MT ET Streets, Chrome FR500's, more to come...

2003 Cobra Vert - Sold

1993 Cobra #4267 - Turbo - Got Boost??? - Sold!!!

2007 Suzuki Hayabusa - Custom everything

It's all relative in West Virginia!!!

Last edited by Leeiswho2b; 12-10-2010 at 03:40 PM. Reason: add
Leeiswho2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:11 PM   #65
Memphis SS
 
Memphis SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS A6 White/Orange Stripes
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Arlington, TN.
Posts: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeiswho2b View Post
These are the three most recently owned cars I have had. Pics posted below of them. I purchase, like to make them how I envision them, get bored, then move on. I really need to start leasing!!!!!! Vehicles have always been my toybox!!!! They are my addiction!

I was just explaining the reasons why the point of this thread was true (IMHO). I was not disputing the fact, just the reasoning behind. I was actually trying to be constructive in the latter posts. Just a good ribbing in the 1st!
When is a rivalry not good when all in good fun? I like all muscle. Ford, Chevy, and Dodge included!



Point taken. I'm in the market for a supercharged 10'+ if anyone is interested in an immaculate Shelby!








You have had some nice looking wheels.. Buddy of mine had a 1966 Shelby GT350 he built then sold it and bought a 2003 Cobra kept it a few years and said he wanted to build one again so he got a 1967 Mustang Fastback he is building to look like Eleanor from Gone in 60 seconds. Put all modern drivetrain (2003 Cobra Motor and trans) starting to really look good. Will drive like a new one but look old. Painting it black with silver strips..

Will not even get in the list of cars I've had. I never owned a Mustang but do like them, I did own a 1991 SC Thunderbird I bought new that was really sweet.
__________________
2011 Camaro SS 2004 Corvette CE
2004 Ranger
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:13 AM   #66
thePill
Account Suspended
 
Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kaiserslauthern, Germany
Posts: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by george View Post
thePill:
Are there alot of Camaro's over there now? When I was there last year, I didn't see many. In so far as LRMC is concerned, it is a good hospital. I was AF Anesthesia there-only 4-5 of us. That place can get busy though; I would put in 4-6 epidurals a night on top of call and surgeries. Despite all that, it was better than when I was being deployed to some hole. Make sure your wife gets an epidural. It makes life much easier! I look forward to seeing you, I'm not sure when I'll be there but would love to see your car when I get in. Regards.

George
Sorry for the late response, I have seen a handful, maybe about a dozen but it is late in the year and they might be storing them. I was referred to the Landstuhl Hospital because LRMC is booked full... Landstuhl H is right up the hill from what I call "the big bend"...

Yeah, Wife had an Epidural on the first one.. she was still pushing and didn't know Pill Jr. was out. lol... I have also had an epidural, I had a ruptured L5-S1 and it ruptured into my nerve causing chronic sciatica... No surgery yet....
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5th Gen Suspension -- The Book JusticePete Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 148 09-04-2013 02:28 PM
Camaro Product Manager - interview Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 11 04-04-2012 06:10 PM
One year ago today....(long read) dtm4192 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 23 07-18-2010 09:34 AM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.