Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HRE Wheels
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2010, 09:34 AM   #137
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Yeah the good 'ol Area 51 days. The SST spent 83 days in Area 51.

Were you in the original Area 51. I was under the understanding that Pumpkin went down to the fianal 4 in Area 51.

Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:46 AM   #138
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,499
that would suck..


But she's awfully purdy now....

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:26 AM   #139
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,563
Huh...ok. My driver side door panel does not line up, nor has it ever lined up properly to the dash. The entire thing is off a smidgen. I really should take it back to see if they can get it lined up properly. Mike, 2010ABMSS, noticed a small bulge in my dash. I think I might as well go ahead and run it in at the beginning of the new year...get the dash looked at, the door panel looked at, get the rattle in the back looked at.

I got my price quote for my parts today. I think I'll go ahead and send off shortly for the goodies. We'll see. Shouldn't be too much longer.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:47 PM   #140
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Huh...ok. My driver side door panel does not line up, nor has it ever lined up properly to the dash. The entire thing is off a smidgen. I really should take it back to see if they can get it lined up properly. Mike, 2010ABMSS, noticed a small bulge in my dash. I think I might as well go ahead and run it in at the beginning of the new year...get the dash looked at, the door panel looked at, get the rattle in the back looked at.

I got my price quote for my parts today. I think I'll go ahead and send off shortly for the goodies. We'll see. Shouldn't be too much longer.
I have never really looked at it that close. My understanding was the moldings were not up to par. But I will take a close look.

What stuff are you getting for your baby?


Last edited by Merc; 12-17-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:54 PM   #141
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
PQ is not allowed to drink ONE night at the Fest. He needs the extra $150.00 to buy a 3.6" supercharger pulley...

That's OK. We could use a little "real" Canadian beer...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
Should I haul some CDN beer with me?



BTW way if PQ shook out enough coins from his piggy bank for blower. A pully should be no big deal.

Just saying

Maybe we can take a collection for the pully.
lmao. So I go back to catch up on Pumpkin and see this......... lmao

I'll have my 3.6 pulley AND beer.

I may even let GTAHVIT off the hook from our bet.

BUUUUUUT, about those DRs ................

I'll buy YOUR beer sir if you can make that happen. lol
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:15 AM   #142
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
I have never really looked at it that close. My understanding was the moldings were not up to par. But I will take a close look.

What stuff are you getting for your baby?

Springs, sways, end links, control arms....you know, the good stuff....

At least, this is where I'm going to start. We'll see what's next down the line. Not sure...but....
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:33 PM   #143
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,202
I'm back. Last nite was the RivercraftCraft Xmas party. (www.rivercraftanchors.com) Making Martini's 14 at a time. The math gets more difficult as the night goes on. Fun was had by all. Pic or two follow.

Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:35 PM   #144
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Springs, sways, end links, control arms....you know, the good stuff....

At least, this is where I'm going to start. We'll see what's next down the line. Not sure...but....
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. BMR stuff.


Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:44 PM   #145
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
lmao. So I go back to catch up on Pumpkin and see this......... lmao

I'll have my 3.6 pulley AND beer.

I may even let GTAHVIT off the hook from our bet.

BUUUUUUT, about those DRs ................

I'll buy YOUR beer sir if you can make that happen. lol
What I was thinking, was I will throw them in the race car hauler when we go to Veags next year at the start of the season. Then I can get one of my Bud's to ship them to Firebird and back to his place after. Then they can come back home in the hauler on one of the trips back to the Great White North. It might work. Got to look at next years scheldue.

Need some help from GTAHVIT as where I can ship them too and who can recieve at Firebird.

Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:38 PM   #146
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
What I was thinking, was I will throw them in the race car hauler when we go to Veags next year at the start of the season. Then I can get one of my Bud's to ship them to Firebird and back to his place after. Then they can come back home in the hauler on one of the trips back to the Great White North. It might work. Got to look at next years scheldue.

Need some help from GTAHVIT as where I can ship them too and who can recieve at Firebird.

Uh............... hehe............. uh...................

Anyone else you can think to help???

He's my target............
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:10 PM   #147
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,202
Here we go front suspension Day #1. Goal was to remove front suspension parts to facilitate bushing removale and repalcement. Sorry Guy's no pic's of bushing installation, but it was very easy could done with a vice. Thanks to Bill and Derrek for there help. Went quite well no big issues.
Attached Images
                 

Last edited by Merc; 12-22-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:21 AM   #148
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,563
Dang. I'd LOVE to replace all my bushings...see how it handles!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:51 AM   #149
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Dang. I'd LOVE to replace all my bushings...see how it handles!
Probably handle like a mother ///////. Just hope it's not too noisy and rough.

Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:31 AM   #150
Orange Krate
Not just any car!
 
Orange Krate's Avatar
 
Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 1,837
Keep us posted on handling and noise. Looks very worthy! Great job documenting! Thanks for helping all of us.
__________________

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:36 AM   #151
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
Keep us posted on handling and noise. Looks very worthy! Great job documenting! Thanks for helping all of us.
Pumpkin is off the road for the winter. 2011 Debut will be the road trip to C5F II. See you there if you attend.

Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:40 PM   #152
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,202
Just closing the deal with the Driveshaft Shop for one of there 3.5" one piece aluminum driftshafts for Pumpkin. Stock driveshaft is definately a weak point in my opinion. I have bent more then a few sets of bolts so far.

Last edited by Merc; 12-23-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:50 AM   #153
the rich dude

 
Drives: Getting 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
Just closing the deal with the Driveshaft Shop for one of there 3.5" one piece aluminum driftshafts for Pumpkin. Stock driveshaft is definately a weak point in my opinion. I have bent more then a few sets of bolts so far.
If you don't mind, could you PM what you paid?

Definitely interested to see what you think of a one piece driveshaft. I was looking at there carbon fibre shaft but here there is exaust clearance issues with the aluminum one so the carbon one would be even worse.....
the rich dude is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can ring and pinion be installed w/ pumpkin in car? GMRULZ V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) 2 01-19-2011 08:33 PM
Pumpkin Fixed Merc Canada 12 10-24-2010 09:38 PM
Nekoosa Pumpkin Fest blackgoldhtr USA - Great Lakes 1 10-14-2010 09:18 PM
Pumpkin Gets Signed Merc Canada 9 09-04-2010 12:12 AM
Pumpkin is moving to the city Noah 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 0 11-27-2009 02:12 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.