Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

View Poll Results: What should be an option on the 1SS?
Leather heated seats 80 31.37%
Complete Convenience and Connectivity package 137 53.73%
Ambient Lighting 38 14.90%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2009, 12:03 AM   #76
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,210
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Sorry dragon eye I dont follow that logic the wiring etc will be there its going down the same assembly line why could they not have offered that option what could there extra cost be 200?
MSRP on the C&C for the automatic 1LT is 655.00
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:06 AM   #77
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,788
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDude View Post
To me I would never make Leather as a standard feature unless you were building a Cadillac.
Technically...it's not standard.
But tell that to Dodge, or Ford. To get to their high-powered models; you have no choice. At least Chevy's giving you that choice. Unfortunately; at this point -- you'll need to weigh what's most important to you: toys and gadgets, or performance?

Again...they study all this. It's not decided willy-nilly...Perhaps they'll look at MY10's sales results, and decide to offer the C&C package for the 1SS...who knows?
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:07 AM   #78
ArcAngel


 
ArcAngel's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manalapan-NJ
Posts: 2,873
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
I wonder what the break down is per model out of the 11000 pre orders anyway we can find out??
__________________
Through HIM you believe in GOD, who raised HIM from the dead and Glorified him..
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:10 AM   #79
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,210
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Technically...it's not standard.
But tell that to Dodge, or Ford. To get to their high-powered models; you have no choice. At least Chevy's giving you that choice. Unfortunately; at this point -- you'll need to weigh what's most important to you: toys and gadgets, or performance?

Again...they study all this. It's not decided willy-nilly...Perhaps they'll look at MY10's sales results, and decide to offer the C&C package for the 1SS...who knows?
They should have studied this with you and me or with people on these boards. It is quite apparent (like getting hit in the head with a baseball bat) that C&C is highly desirable on a 1SS. Who, what, and where did they research to come up with a different conclusion?
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:11 AM   #80
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,210
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
I wonder what the break down is per model out of the 11000 pre orders anyway we can find out??
The only breakdowns I've seen is V8 vs V6 not trim-level specific.
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:13 AM   #81
Blownhotrodder

 
Blownhotrodder's Avatar
 
Drives: Z06
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sugar Hill, GEORGIA
Posts: 1,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Actually...the 1SS comes with Leather-wrapped and stitched steering wheel, shifter, door-armrests, and center console. Think of it as a "medium-equipped" interior.

The bluetooth and cargo net (never saw the point of those things) is part of the C&C package, I believe. (which isn't offered for the 1SS.:()
If its standard on both then why even have it under the C&C option?
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:14 AM   #82
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,788
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
They brought in 15 enthusiasts of diverse backgrounds, ages, and regional locations to provide input along the development. AND...they've done estimates/research like this for about a 100yrs or so...

Look, I don't like it either! I want C&C...But I trust they had their reasons...and I understand you, me, and others around here may not not important enough to shift the optioning of this vehicle. I DO anticipate this option being offered for the 2011MY. I agree -- it seems to be quite popular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownhotrodder View Post
If its standard on both then why even have it under the C&C option?
Because the 1LT, the ONLY car available with this option, does NOT have those things standard.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:16 AM   #83
Blownhotrodder

 
Blownhotrodder's Avatar
 
Drives: Z06
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sugar Hill, GEORGIA
Posts: 1,849
Ahhh okay.
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:18 AM   #84
ArcAngel


 
ArcAngel's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manalapan-NJ
Posts: 2,873
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
well dragoneye there so called research has gotten them in the pickle they are in today, so maybe they need to start doing things differently no?
__________________
Through HIM you believe in GOD, who raised HIM from the dead and Glorified him..
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:20 AM   #85
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,788
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
well dragoneye there so called research has gotten them in the pickle they are in today, so maybe they need to start doing things differently no?
I think there's a bit more to their situation than what options they offer.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:20 AM   #86
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,210
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
...Because the 1LT, the ONLY car available with this option, does NOT have those things standard.
I can't recall them EVER requiring leather seats on a Camaro model- except maybe the 35th Anniversary SS. Is that correct?
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:21 AM   #87
ArcAngel


 
ArcAngel's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manalapan-NJ
Posts: 2,873
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
yes i know lol but it's the mindset that hasn't changed which is part of the old situation! lol
__________________
Through HIM you believe in GOD, who raised HIM from the dead and Glorified him..
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:26 AM   #88
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,788
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
I can't recall them EVER requiring leather seats on a Camaro model- except maybe the 35th Anniversary SS. Is that correct?
I haven't got a clue. I know my father's '79 Z28 is 'leather', and I'm fairly sure it was standard for that trim-level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
yes i know lol but it's the mindset that hasn't changed which is part of the old situation! lol
Don't make the mistake of grouping everything into one pile and throwing it out, so to speak. The way they choose the optioning for ALL their vehicles is a technique, not a mindset. They have the NEW-GM goal, which I think you can agree with, of reducing costs while maintaining a class-leading vehicle. Part of doing this means frivolous, non-profitable options take the hit.

That's why there's a site like this. Do you want C&C to be offered? Then make your opinion known. They'll read it. (remember the colors?)

...just don't troll your idea.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:32 AM   #89
ArcAngel


 
ArcAngel's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manalapan-NJ
Posts: 2,873
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
I am not trying to troll lol I am just saying. I bleed GM man want them to be the BEST is all!
__________________
Through HIM you believe in GOD, who raised HIM from the dead and Glorified him..
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:34 AM   #90
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,788
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
I am not trying to troll lol ...
NOnononono-- that's not what I meant! You're good.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:38 AM   #91
camaro5


 
camaro5's Avatar
 
Drives: Off Into The Sunset
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cape Coral, Florida
Posts: 4,430
4pack gauges and abl are must-haves for me.
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:42 AM   #92
ArcAngel


 
ArcAngel's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manalapan-NJ
Posts: 2,873
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
thanks Dragoneye lol I have never been called a troll LOL evvvvver hehehe
__________________
Through HIM you believe in GOD, who raised HIM from the dead and Glorified him..
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:47 AM   #93
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278
 
RetroDude's Avatar
 
Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Whitby Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Technically...it's not standard.
But tell that to Dodge, or Ford. To get to their high-powered models; you have no choice. At least Chevy's giving you that choice. Unfortunately; at this point -- you'll need to weigh what's most important to you: toys and gadgets, or performance?

Again...they study all this. It's not decided willy-nilly...Perhaps they'll look at MY10's sales results, and decide to offer the C&C package for the 1SS...who knows?
Dragoneye, don't get me wrong, but it think sometimes GM gets their heads stuck too far up their @$$ when it comes to Leather interior. To me, GM's ( and pretty much any other car builder ) thinks leather is a great $1000 option that comsumers feel so privilaged to own. Frankly, the quality leather GM uses only makes up about 20% of the total seating material at best since they use "Leatherette" to complete the rest of the seats. Leatherette is crap to me as give it 2 - 3 years and your pretty much heading to a local repair shop to have a piece or complete seat replaced because it's either ripped, cracked or worn through. Leatherette is simply another word for what in the 70's we used to call "Vinyl" granted its a little softer, but it's still crap in my eyes and I never want to go back to it. About 2 years ago I was in the market for an Impala and badly wanted the SS V8... problem was that in Canada you could only get the SS with leather... No cloth allowed! So guess what. Gm did not get a sale! I wasn't willing to settle for the V6 when my heart belonged to the V8. Frankly, I think the Camaro is a great deal by far, but once again we are back to the... if you want a V8 and options, you MUST take Leather!!!
Since we are no longer allowed to use cell phones when we drive in Canada, the ability to have a vehicle equipted with Bluetooth become more essential than ever. Bluetooth to me is a safety feature and should be available to whoever wants it on absolutely every vehicle GM produces... No questions asked... end of story!

Hey, as I say I'm not asking GM to go back to the 80's when everything was available as individual options, but more so, just make leather seating a non standard group feature as I'm sure there are a lot of potential buyers out there that don't want all the bells and whistles, but still would like the leather too!

1SS base with Leather ONLY? Think it would sell ??? Why not!
RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:51 AM   #94
ArcAngel


 
ArcAngel's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manalapan-NJ
Posts: 2,873
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
I agree I really want the 1SS but the C&C package is something I believe with the stick and laws against cellphones it would be great addition!
__________________
Through HIM you believe in GOD, who raised HIM from the dead and Glorified him..
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:25 AM   #95
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,849
Damn.

I'm so bummed I missed this conversation last night.

I went to bed early. Kids were sick wife and I were beat down tired.

Anyway.

I'd like to say that Dragon's assessment of the why and how have been substantiated by Fbod in the past. He as explained in detail why options are lumped together.

The reason the poll only allows you to choose one option to be available is due to the fact that some things should be only available on the SS. Like Dragon said, if you can purchase every option an just add it to the 1SS then why not just buy a 2SS?

Dragon said, we need to choose, "toys and gadgets, or performance?" I'd say that for me I've already decided on performance. That's why I'm locked in to an SS. Now I'm struggling with gadgets vs. price. I don't want to spend that much for a 2SS so, I'm gonna get a 1SS. But, GM could get an extra $465 out of me if they let me have the C&C as an option. The question for GM is do they think they will sell enough C&C options to make it worth it to add it to the 1SS. As we've already said, the infrastructure is in place for it, they already have the capability to add it to the 1LT. So, it's not like they need to modify the line or the parts themselves in any way.

I tried to phrase the poll so it didn't sway anyone to vote for C&C but I'm glad the majority has gone that way.

Hopefully GM will think about this if they haven't already. There have been a few rumors that C&C will be made available at some point but nothing concrete.

I'm trying not to be overly selfish and demand that GM do it my way. I want what's best for the Car and for GM. So I will get the 1SS regardless. I just hope I my wishes will align with GM's eventually.

That was a great read btw. Thanks for not letting tempers get the best of us.

I've said it before, "Camaro5, best car people on the web."
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:29 AM   #96
ArcAngel


 
ArcAngel's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manalapan-NJ
Posts: 2,873
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
hey trm0002 to clarify my above statement i wasn't talking about msrp. I was talking about actual cost to GM
__________________
Through HIM you believe in GOD, who raised HIM from the dead and Glorified him..
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:43 AM   #97
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,210
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
hey trm0002 to clarify my above statement i wasn't talking about msrp. I was talking about actual cost to GM
I'm spitting in the wind here but I would have to guess that there isn't a whole hell of a lot of profit in the cost to begin with. At $655, with dealer cost (invoice) being $543, I can't believe there is any more than a 20% gross profit margin on any additional option. In that case, GM's cost is still $434.00 to put it in, best scenario, IMO.

I still contend that it shouldn't be included for 31K "like all other cars in that price range" because you're not comparing apples to apples for the rest of the car to car comparison. It is pretty apparent however, to me anyways, that GM screwed up by not making it an option on the 1SS- especially having made it one on the 1LT. But, as Dragoneye and gtahvit have stated, there has to be some logical reason for the decision; I have yet to figure out what that is though...
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:45 AM   #98
ArcAngel


 
ArcAngel's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manalapan-NJ
Posts: 2,873
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
I concur logic that only they understand lol!!
__________________
Through HIM you believe in GOD, who raised HIM from the dead and Glorified him..
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:40 PM   #99
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278
 
RetroDude's Avatar
 
Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Whitby Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Damn.

I'm so bummed I missed this conversation last night.

I went to bed early. Kids were sick wife and I were beat down tired.

Anyway.

I'd like to say that Dragon's assessment of the why and how have been substantiated by Fbod in the past. He as explained in detail why options are lumped together.

The reason the poll only allows you to choose one option to be available is due to the fact that some things should be only available on the SS. Like Dragon said, if you can purchase every option an just add it to the 1SS then why not just buy a 2SS?

Dragon said, we need to choose, "toys and gadgets, or performance?" I'd say that for me I've already decided on performance. That's why I'm locked in to an SS. Now I'm struggling with gadgets vs. price. I don't want to spend that much for a 2SS so, I'm gonna get a 1SS. But, GM could get an extra $465 out of me if they let me have the C&C as an option. The question for GM is do they think they will sell enough C&C options to make it worth it to add it to the 1SS. As we've already said, the infrastructure is in place for it, they already have the capability to add it to the 1LT. So, it's not like they need to modify the line or the parts themselves in any way.

I tried to phrase the poll so it didn't sway anyone to vote for C&C but I'm glad the majority has gone that way.

Hopefully GM will think about this if they haven't already. There have been a few rumors that C&C will be made available at some point but nothing concrete.

I'm trying not to be overly selfish and demand that GM do it my way. I want what's best for the Car and for GM. So I will get the 1SS regardless. I just hope I my wishes will align with GM's eventually.

That was a great read btw. Thanks for not letting tempers get the best of us.

I've said it before, "Camaro5, best car people on the web."

The point I was trying to make was that if GM took the Leather option out of the 2SS package and made a 3SS package which would give you all the 2SS plus leather seating only,.... I would sure bet the sales of 2SS's would go way up as many would switch their 1SS's to 2SS's.

1SS = Base model .. cloth seats and cloth door panels

2SS = Tech loaded model .. cloth seats w/ plastic door panels, ambient lighting and 4-guage package.

3SS = Luxury model .. ALL 2SS features w/ Leather Seating.

I don't figure this would be too hard for GM to do if they really want to.

If they were to do this, my indecision would be over. I would run to my dealer and place my order for a 2SS/RS in Beige Cloth!
RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:00 PM   #100
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,210
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDude View Post
The point I was trying to make was that if GM took the Leather option out of the 2SS package and made a 3SS package which would give you all the 2SS plus leather seating only,.... I would sure bet the sales of 2SS's would go way up as many would switch their 1SS's to 2SS's.

1SS = Base model .. cloth seats and cloth door panels

2SS = Tech loaded model .. cloth seats w/ plastic door panels, ambient lighting and 4-guage package.

3SS = Luxury model .. ALL 2SS features w/ Leather Seating.

I don't figure this would be too hard for GM to do if they really want to.

If they were to do this, my indecision would be over. I would run to my dealer and place my order for a 2SS/RS in Beige Cloth!
They should simply have made leather optional on the 2SS. That would have solved 99.99% of this issue. I understand why "hot climate" people might not want it.
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1SS vs 2SS Mosher Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 52 03-28-2012 09:52 PM
why get an rs package on the 2ss? LS3SSRS 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 66 08-16-2009 06:14 PM
Official Camaro Options & Standard Equipment for all Trim Levels headpunter Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 300 02-18-2009 01:23 AM
1SS standard equipment and options Tran Wiki 1 11-05-2008 03:34 PM
2SS standard equipment and options Tran Wiki 3 10-23-2008 05:58 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.