Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2010, 01:06 PM   #35
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 27,208
Cool... on the homepage now...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:22 PM   #36
RX SS RACERX
 
RX SS RACERX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS RJT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MOUNTAIN MARYLAND
Posts: 282
Thumbs up THANKS to Becky at Rodgers Chevrolet

Sorry, for the late thank-you to Becky. She hooked me up with a RJT painted fin-fit & finish were great. Ship and core return credit were also 'right on time'. As far as the DIY vid from GTAHVIT-I don't think I would of installed it w/o damage to the headliner using the enclosed instructions. Not to mention the work saved by not dropping the whole headliner. GREAT JOB! The only thing that I did different was lower the back seat back to get more room for my fat head to see above the liner. While the swap is a bit pricey I think it is a great improvement,IMHO. Maybe GM will make it an option!
RX SS RACERX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:35 PM   #37
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX SS RACERX View Post
Sorry, for the late thank-you to Becky. She hooked me up with a RJT painted fin-fit & finish were great. Ship and core return credit were also 'right on time'. As far as the DIY vid from GTAHVIT-I don't think I would of installed it w/o damage to the headliner using the enclosed instructions. Not to mention the work saved by not dropping the whole headliner. GREAT JOB! The only thing that I did different was lower the back seat back to get more room for my fat head to see above the liner. While the swap is a bit pricey I think it is a great improvement,IMHO. Maybe GM will make it an option!
OH yeah... Drop the rear seats... That's a great idea! Why didn't I think of that!!!



Need PICS!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:49 PM   #38
BlueME
(aka) TJ
 
BlueME's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 Lemans Blue Corvette
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tucson, Az.
Posts: 77
Color Matched XM Antenna

I got mine from Rogers Chevrolet great customer service and a great product. Followed the Video posted and installed it in just a few hours. And it looks great………….TJ
Also Thanks to GTAHVIT for the Video it was a great help and yes lowering the back seat is a great help......
Attached Images
 

Last edited by BlueME; 12-10-2010 at 10:36 PM. Reason: addition
BlueME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:35 PM   #39
paulsandhu
Puth Sardaran Da!
 
paulsandhu's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 275
Has anyone with a black car tried it? Even with a black car I think it will look better having it match the paint exactly.
__________________
Black 2SS/RS w/IOM Interior
Order Date: March 28, 2009
DoB: June 19, 2009
Arrival Date: July 2, 2009


Project GHOST: The Member Car Journal

Follow me on Twitter @realPaulSandhu
paulsandhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:36 PM   #40
Morpheus
 
Morpheus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS IBM
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 24
Thank you, GTAHVIT, for this video. I just did this install over the weekend and I'm glad I didn't have to tear out the whole headliner.

That said, it's still a royal PITA to do this swap. I folded down the rear seatback and it helped tremendously, for those of you who have yet to do this. Also, I found it a bit easier to pull down the headliner once I removed my b-pillar trim.

...I'm still sore from contorting my 6'2'' frame around in the back seat, but my antenna looks great!
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:33 PM   #41
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueME View Post
I got mine from Rogers Chevrolet great customer service and a great product. Followed the Video posted and installed it in just a few hours. And it looks great………….TJ
Also Thanks to GTAHVIT for the Video it was a great help and yes lowering the back seat is a great help......
Very cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsandhu View Post
Has anyone with a black car tried it? Even with a black car I think it will look better having it match the paint exactly.
I think it works for any color.... it's a nice little detail that sets the car off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
Thank you, GTAHVIT, for this video. I just did this install over the weekend and I'm glad I didn't have to tear out the whole headliner.

That said, it's still a royal PITA to do this swap. I folded down the rear seatback and it helped tremendously, for those of you who have yet to do this. Also, I found it a bit easier to pull down the headliner once I removed my b-pillar trim.

...I'm still sore from contorting my 6'2'' frame around in the back seat, but my antenna looks great!
Glad it helped.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:16 PM   #42
FrankT
400HP used to be enough..
 
FrankT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS rs manual
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Central NC
Posts: 698
I just changed mine out and yes it's a sunroof car. I didn't remove the entire headliner, just followed GTAHVIT's instructions with the addition of removing the windlace (or weatherstrip) that goes around the sunroof opening. This let me reach through the sunroof opening in the headliner to make the swap. I think it was probably easier than the non-sunroof cars. The windlace around the sunroof opening goes back on easily.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Currently in the fleet... 2010 ZR1 Corvette, 2014 Cadillac CTS-V, 2010 Camaro SS single turbo, 2014 GMC Sierra Denali crew cab, 1967 Camaro SS350, 1969 Camaro SS427.

Build thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47925
FrankT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:17 PM   #43
FrankT
400HP used to be enough..
 
FrankT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS rs manual
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Central NC
Posts: 698
I took the pic through the sunroof opening before I put the headliner back up.
__________________
Currently in the fleet... 2010 ZR1 Corvette, 2014 Cadillac CTS-V, 2010 Camaro SS single turbo, 2014 GMC Sierra Denali crew cab, 1967 Camaro SS350, 1969 Camaro SS427.

Build thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47925
FrankT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:16 PM   #44
cody.freeman1
 
cody.freeman1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 455
I just did mine....the video was perfect. I think I pulled down too much though so for 3 hours now I have a 5 inch line in the middle of my headliner in the back beneath the shark fin. I hope it goes away :( Anything I could do ot fix it?
cody.freeman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #45
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody.freeman1 View Post
I just did mine....the video was perfect. I think I pulled down too much though so for 3 hours now I have a 5 inch line in the middle of my headliner in the back beneath the shark fin. I hope it goes away :( Anything I could do ot fix it?
I creased me also but it's gone now... I couldn't even tell you where it was.

You may want to try and work it out with your hands a bit. But like I said, My crease went away in a matter of hours.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:06 AM   #46
anglwngss
Lone Star Camaro
 
anglwngss's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Venus, Tx
Posts: 1,677
This took a couple of tries, but I got the antenna out! Thanks for the write up, Gtahvit! It'll be painted and re-installed next week. It's getting a gloss black look to match all the other gloss black stuff I've had painted!
__________________
anglwngss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:47 AM   #47
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,499
You are very welcome
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:43 AM   #48
bmbbl be

 
bmbbl be's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: tallmadge, ohio
Posts: 1,293
thanks for the video....helped alot....the biggest problem i had was the larger connecter,,,,i kept putting the small screwdriver in what appeared to be the slot but it is a very thin opening next to it...yes a few new cuss words were created...lol ....other that that it all went fine ,,,,and the red marks on my arm stayed on for several hours...thanks again for the video !!!
bmbbl be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:31 PM   #49
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbbl be View Post
thanks for the video....helped alot....the biggest problem i had was the larger connecter,,,,i kept putting the small screwdriver in what appeared to be the slot but it is a very thin opening next to it...yes a few new cuss words were created...lol ....other that that it all went fine ,,,,and the red marks on my arm stayed on for several hours...thanks again for the video !!!
You are very welcome! glad it worked out!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:29 AM   #50
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour
 
Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: chicago
Posts: 1,209
Just wanted to post and say thanks for the video. I just had to replace my shark fin the other day due to my garage door hitting it ( don't ask).

This video was the only reason I attempted to do it myself, and while it took me a lot longer than it did in the video, I'm glad I saved a few bucks.

I have a sun roof so I went in that way, which is way easier than going in from the back.
The connectors were a piece of cake. I can build a pc in my sleep so I'm not afraid of no stinking connectors.
The only real problem I had was the damn ratchet slipping off the bolt
And trying to find a half inch 8mm socket. Literally no store I went to had them. Ended up having to get a different 8mm socket just for the coat hanger bolts.

But anyway, thanks a lot for the vid. It's a million times better than instructions or pictures.
__________________

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #51
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
Just wanted to post and say thanks for the video. I just had to replace my shark fin the other day due to my garage door hitting it ( don't ask).

This video was the only reason I attempted to do it myself, and while it took me a lot longer than it did in the video, I'm glad I saved a few bucks.

I have a sun roof so I went in that way, which is way easier than going in from the back.
The connectors were a piece of cake. I can build a pc in my sleep so I'm not afraid of no stinking connectors.
The only real problem I had was the damn ratchet slipping off the bolt
And trying to find a half inch 8mm socket. Literally no store I went to had them. Ended up having to get a different 8mm socket just for the coat hanger bolts.

But anyway, thanks a lot for the vid. It's a million times better than instructions or pictures.
My pleasure.

Very glad to see it helped.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY: Installing steering wheel audio and phone controls on Camaro ! techsupport Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions 608 02-16-2015 06:40 PM
DIY Video: Installing AFTERBURNER Tail Light Halo Kit from AACstyle! AACstyle Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions 30 10-05-2013 08:44 PM
DIY Video: Installing ORACLE Halo Kit from AACstyle! AACstyle Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions 45 01-18-2012 10:18 AM
Question on installing vinyl Rally stripes for those that DIY installed the stripes. Russell James Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 5 05-15-2010 05:15 AM
DIY Help Installing front GFX, Rocker panels, andsplash Guards 5th_GEN_SS Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions 8 04-12-2010 11:03 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.