Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2011, 09:59 PM   #1242
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
What are you building that requires so much build? Got a give you credit and respect for your project.
It was planned for quite some time, but with modern technology it just snowballed a little more than normal. There ended up being a lot of one-off parts and fabrication to make everything fit within the confines of "stock". There was a list of goals to shoot for and we may have been able to pull it off and obtain those.
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:00 PM   #1243
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 26,372
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
It was planned for quite some time, but with modern technology it just snowballed a little more than normal...
coughcough UNDERSTATEMENT!! cough.......


hrm, hrm. Excuse me!
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:06 PM   #1244
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
coughcough UNDERSTATEMENT!! cough.......


hrm, hrm. Excuse me!

What ? What ?

This coming from a person who built a 25' boat from scratch himself...and is going to get a Z/28 ?
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:15 PM   #1245
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 26,372
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
What ? What ?

This coming from a person who built a 25' boat from scratch himself...and is going to get a Z/28 ?
I don't care what I've done or will get.....the SST is the undisputed King of them all.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:17 PM   #1246
Z_Rocks

 
Z_Rocks's Avatar
 
Drives: everyone crazy...
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 1,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I don't care what I've done or will get.....the SST is the undisputed King of them all.
Well said!

And I truly respect him for his attitude and his project. I wish him best!!!
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:25 AM   #1247
SDCamaro10

 
SDCamaro10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,965
Man I can't wait to see this thing! Go big or go home right? Lol how I wish I could do something like this!
__________________
SDCamaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:42 AM   #1248
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Well said!

And I truly respect him for his attitude and his project. I wish him best!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
Man I can't wait to see this thing! Go big or go home right? Lol how I wish I could do something like this!
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:06 PM   #1249
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,442
What is amazing is the technology, knowledge and skill that is going into SST. I can only imagine what it will sound like, much less what it will run like.

That rumbling you hear is not thunder it is just SST.
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:50 PM   #1250
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I don't care what I've done or will get.....the SST is the undisputed King of them all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Well said!

And I truly respect him for his attitude and his project. I wish him best!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
Man I can't wait to see this thing! Go big or go home right? Lol how I wish I could do something like this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
What is amazing is the technology, knowledge and skill that is going into SST. I can only imagine what it will sound like, much less what it will run like.

That rumbling you hear is not thunder it is just SST.
Thanks for all the positive comments you guys !!! That is what drives us to push a little harder.

Wish we had an exact date for further pics and videos, but it is one of those "it's done when it gets done" things. Getting the diff is a big thing too.

The funny thing about the rumble is that a TT car (unless under boost) is actually QUIETER than stock since the turbos are taking energy AWAY from the exhaust. We may end up taking the mufflers off if it is too quiet.
...but when you are under high boost, well, let's just say it is not longer stealthy.
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:16 PM   #1251
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Thanks for all the positive comments you guys !!! That is what drives us to push a little harder.

Wish we had an exact date for further pics and videos, but it is one of those "it's done when it gets done" things. Getting the diff is a big thing too.

The funny thing about the rumble is that a TT car (unless under boost) is actually QUIETER than stock since the turbos are taking energy AWAY from the exhaust. We may end up taking the mufflers off if it is too quiet.
...but when you are under high boost, well, let's just say it is not longer stealthy.
I bet
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:00 PM   #1252
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 26,372
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I bet
Right!

So what you're saying, Bruce...is that when you're driving this thing through town, you'll avoid unnecessary attention from the local authorities....but when you're on the track and the lights turn green......


People in the stands will be straining to find the Jumbo Jet that sounds like its 200ft above them?

__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:08 PM   #1253
zebra
just can't seem to leave
 
zebra's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cold & windy
Posts: 10,519
dude, you're killing me with anticipation!!!!!!!
__________________
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:32 PM   #1254
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
Just got off the phone with the guys tonight. All underhood systems are done. Just tweaking the line loc and transbrake circuits. Also we are taking the factory 4 gauge center console pack and building custom gauges for it. Will look bone stock but will actually be boost, air/fuel, fuel pressure and egt. Just about ready to pull the motor for a trip to the dyno room. Things will really accelerate once the differential is shipped.
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:36 PM   #1255
Mindz
E.B.A.H.
 
Mindz's Avatar
 
Drives: you wild...
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Posts: 18,257
Keep us updated Bruce. This build is coming to fruition pretty soon. I'm requesting you post engine dyno videos as soon as possible.

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry...

__________________
Blue Rush, 2010 SS [Car of the Week 3/22/2010] Traded in on...ZLZBUBB, 2013 ZL1
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:49 PM   #1256
Brianskeet
Brianskeet
 
Brianskeet's Avatar
 
Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Crestview FL
Posts: 785
You are getting close now! I hope you melt a camera down taking pictures once it is back in you hands.
__________________
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:02 PM   #1257
zebra
just can't seem to leave
 
zebra's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cold & windy
Posts: 10,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Just got off the phone with the guys tonight. All underhood systems are done. Just tweaking the line loc and transbrake circuits. Also we are taking the factory 4 gauge center console pack and building custom gauges for it. Will look bone stock but will actually be boost, air/fuel, fuel pressure and egt. Just about ready to pull the motor for a trip to the dyno room. Things will really accelerate once the differential is shipped.
you should totally change one of those to the concept 'torque' gauge!! you know it'd be friggin awesome!!
__________________
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:05 PM   #1258
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Just got off the phone with the guys tonight. All underhood systems are done. Just tweaking the line loc and transbrake circuits. Also we are taking the factory 4 gauge center console pack and building custom gauges for it. Will look bone stock but will actually be boost, air/fuel, fuel pressure and egt. Just about ready to pull the motor for a trip to the dyno room. Things will really accelerate once the differential is shipped.
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PEDDERS SUCCESSFULLY FITS 305s ON ALL 4 CORNERS! Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 467 06-11-2013 10:45 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 08:33 PM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 08:05 PM
Detroit News panel wants GM to build Camaro concept Tran 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 12 03-15-2009 05:38 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.