Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #71
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
Sweet! I won't be trading up, but it's cool that it's finally been announced!

I've always wanted a SS and I love mine! plus it's Aqua Blue.

But I am really happy GM has pulled through and is finally bringing his car to production! It's a win win for all of us!
Old 01-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #72
Mike-D
HTFU

Drives: 2SS/RS
too bad I will never get one :(
Mike-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #73
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Limits View Post
They better not tub it... the trunk already has space issues as it is. If it is a wide body that would partly explain the delay in production since new tooling would have to be made and brought online to accommodate the new body panels.
It'd be nice to get those gills functional, too, but I still stand by my initial opinion that's not going to happen; too expensive. The 'Vette can get away with it easier because the quarters just screw-on, unlike CAMARO, where it's part of the unibody.

JMVHO.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Low Side // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:38 PM   #74
kobSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Pfadt'ed Out Level 4, Pfadt Featherlight Coilovers, Pfadt ZL1 Sways, Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, CTS-V Brakes, Borla S-Type, Quad Tips, Forgestar 22" F14's (Show), CAI Intake w/ scoop, Rx Catch-Can, AAC Lighting, Showstopper Sidemarkers

"Information is the oxygen of the modern age"

Build Thread
kobSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:39 PM   #75
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Limits View Post
You stop that teasing right this second... it's not nice. Rumor has it that Shunt was the last one to have seen the script so no one knows what it says...

Not teasing.

And you are correct about Shunt!

The quickest way to get a fist fight going within the Camaro community is to bring up names - and which names mean what........

We take every element concerning the Camaro very seriously.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:41 PM   #76
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
Wait a second...FBODFATHER has a point. The script calls this the "HP Edition". To me that makes it sound more like a special edition something like the Boss 302 Mustang. In other words could it be something that falls in between the SS and a possible Z/28?
The military and other entities use code words for special projects, too. The SR-71 program was called Oxcart because it was completely opposite of a MACH 3.2+ MPH aircraft. What the Heck kind of car would Z28 be?! That's something cool to think about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post

I've always wanted a SS and I love mine! plus it's Aqua Blue.

But I am really happy GM has pulled through and is finally bringing his car to production! It's a win win for all of us!
No so cool for the Dearborn-boys, though

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Low Side // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 01-13-2011, 01:43 PM   #77
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Not teasing.

The quickest way to get a fist fight going within the Camaro community is to bring up names - and which names mean what........

That is plain to see and why we love CAMARO

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 01-13-2011, 01:43 PM   #78
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Now the rumors can stop.........

oh man.........my sides hurt from that round of laughter!

Rumors stop?

When Donkeys fly!!!!!

(.......and Mustangs become real cars........)

(.....sorry - couldn't help myself with that last part......I'll go stand in the corner now.......
Old 01-13-2011, 01:44 PM   #79
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Not teasing.

You can name it the "supercharged Hello Kitty edition" if you want I don't care ... just bring the horses!
Old 01-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #80
Beyond Limits
Pushin a rock...

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
It'd be nice to get those gills functional, too, but I still stand by my initial opinion that's not going to happen; too expensive. The 'Vette can get away with it easier because the quarters just screw-on, unlike CAMARO, where it's part of the unibody.

JMVHO.
I agree. I really don't see them stamping new panels for what would amount to a short run car (by short I mean total number of units sold as compared to the base models).
Beyond Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #81
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:

oh man.........my sides hurt from that round of laughter!

Rumors stop?

When Donkeys fly!!!!!

(.......and Mustangs become real cars........)

(.....sorry - couldn't help myself with that last part......I'll go stand in the corner now.......

Does this "moderately revised" interior reflect the big redesign that was discussed awhile ago?

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #82
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
Its not a Z, its a Berlinetta

As i have said before...i think its success will have a great deal to do with its price tag. I want one, but wont sacrifice my 67 to get it. I have been driving Chevys since 1983 and would love to continue if price and value are there.

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:48 PM   #83
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Old 01-13-2011, 01:48 PM   #84
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
The military and other entities use code words for special projects, too. The SR-71 program was called Oxcart because it was completely opposite of a MACH 3.2+ MPH aircraft. What the Heck kind of car would Z28 be?! That's something cool to think about

No so cool for the Dearborn-boys, though
In the short term true, they will have to up their game, and then GM in turn will up their game again, so goes the competition so we still all win (as consumers) I'm just glad GM is always in the lead hahaa. (IMHO of course)

Tags
2012 camaro hp edition, 2012 camaro hp model, 2012 camaro z28, 2012 chevy camaro z28, 2012 z28, 2013 camaro hp edition, 2013 camaro hp model, 2013 z28, camaro hp edition, camaro hp edition model, camaro hp model, camaro z28, camaro z28 hp, camaro z28 hp edition, chevy camaro hp edition, cobra killer, hp edition model, new camaro z28, new z28, sexy beast coming soon, z28 forum, z28 forums