Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Redline Goods
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2010, 10:58 PM   #26
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners
 
Synerbee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SGM
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Anaheim Hills, California
Posts: 5,804
I like your ideas. I wish I had one right now too. I am 14 also it be great to start modding now. How does the flow master sound. I am saving up for a flow master and aac colorshift halos as we speak and wondering if it worth it?
And have you drove it yet??

Last edited by Synerbee; 11-21-2010 at 02:20 AM.
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:31 AM   #27
ckaram

 
ckaram's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,625
Dude, love what you've done to the car! But slow down and save some coin for the mods you'll want after you drive it!

Nice work. I let my 14 year old son practice the "feel" of using a clutch in my 2010 Camaro (in an open parking lot). He didn't act like it was a big deal...

2 weeks later I saw he posted on facebook how geeked he was to pratice driving "dad's new Camaro".
__________________
1968 Camaro convertible, LS1 & T56, Texas Speed 228R cam, 3.42 posi, 17" Torque Thrusts
2011 2SS/RS, LS3, M6, IOM in and out, factory Hurst short throw, GMPP axleback exhaust
ckaram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:45 AM   #28
justmeron

 
justmeron's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 1,267
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
Very nice mods. I found in inspirational since I have a VR 2LT/RS. Great job and thanks for shareing.
__________________
2010 2011 Chevrolet Camaro Faded Black Side Vent Highlight Decal Kit

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:01 PM   #29
camaro2lt
 
camaro2lt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt VR/RS CGM Rally's
Join Date: May 2009
Location: palmyra pa
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icandrivejustnotlegally View Post
I like your ideas. I wish I had one right now too. I am 14 also it be great to start modding now. How does the flow master sound. I am saving up for a flow master and aac colorshift halos as we speak and wondering if it worth it?
And have you drove it yet??
haha cool. The flowmaster sounds great i will post a vid of it after black friday because i need a flip camera to take the vid.and i wish i can get the color shift halos but i can not install them and i looked around in my area and nobody can install them for me:( And yes my dad did let me drive it in a parking lot before and all i can say is I CANT WAIT TO BE 16 LOL
__________________
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:37 AM   #30
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners
 
Synerbee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SGM
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Anaheim Hills, California
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
haha cool. The flowmaster sounds great i will post a vid of it after black friday because i need a flip camera to take the vid.and i wish i can get the color shift halos but i can not install them and i looked around in my area and nobody can install them for me:( And yes my dad did let me drive it in a parking lot before and all i can say is I CANT WAIT TO BE 16 LOL
Nice I driven my parents car too its fun. I can't wait either we both have same problem
I probably could install them, but way to scare to install them I am going to have AAC install them.
And I like the Camaro RS on the dash panel I might steal that idea, and grill lighting please take pictures and video when you do that I was thinking of doing that and love to see what it looks like.

and this might also look good. http://www.ridergraphix.com/2010_Cam..._Blackout.html
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:13 PM   #31
camaro2lt
 
camaro2lt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt VR/RS CGM Rally's
Join Date: May 2009
Location: palmyra pa
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icandrivejustnotlegally View Post
Nice I driven my parents car too its fun. I can't wait either we both have same problem
I probably could install them, but way to scare to install them I am going to have AAC install them.
And I like the Camaro RS on the dash panel I might steal that idea, and grill lighting please take pictures and video when you do that I was thinking of doing that and love to see what it looks like.

and this might also look good. http://www.ridergraphix.com/2010_Cam..._Blackout.html
yea that would look good but i have my grill their
__________________
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:59 AM   #32
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners
 
Synerbee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SGM
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Anaheim Hills, California
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
yea that would look good but i have my grill their
Just realized you had the t-rex grill I look at your profile picture
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:30 PM   #33
camaro2lt
 
camaro2lt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt VR/RS CGM Rally's
Join Date: May 2009
Location: palmyra pa
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icandrivejustnotlegally View Post
Just realized you had the t-rex grill I look at your profile picture
Yea haha no way i would get rid of that grill
__________________
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:48 PM   #34
oldfriend


 
oldfriend's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS BLK IO interior
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 32*38' 49N. 16*55'42W
Posts: 6,909
2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
I got my 2010 camaro 2lt rs on june 26 2009 since then alot has been done to her here are some of the mods i have done.I also won second place at the camaro nationals in carlisle and second place at the river front camaro show in wilimington Delaware. Here is a little story i am only 14 years old my dad bought me this car for me i do all the mods to it. I also made a little camaro club in our area we have around 10 guys in our club i am always doing something to the car.In 2 years I will be able to drive and my dad plans to buy a 2011 SS convertible he just turned 64 and he means alot to me me and him love our car and we plan to keep it forever

Thanks richie

MODS DONE
1.Cyber gray rally stripes
2.Flowmaster axleback exaust
3.Slp blackwig cold air intake
4.All chrome under the hood
5.AAC fog light halo kit (red)
6.AAC blue footwell lighing
7.AAC RED bowtie
8.AAC v2.o scaneer one under the hood and one in the rear of the car
9.AAC red pod light
10.AAC White licience plate bulbs
11.AAC Red led side markers
12.AAC P13 foglights
13.Gm Satin gas cap
14.T-rex CHROME GRILL
15.Red chevorlet center caps
16.Rear trunk lid blackout
17.Chevorlet sill plates
18.Custom chevy nameplate (under the hood)
19.Emblem pros custom plaque
20.Chrome exaust trim rings
21.GTS rear solar wing
22.chrome rear light surrounds
23.Chrome interior nobs
24.ALL lights 50% tintited
25.DSV customs e-brake boot
26.Chrome camaro RS licience plate frame
27.Camaro RS floor mats
28.Billet Aluminum Seat Lever
29.Custom 2LT emblem from EMBLEM PROS
30.CUSTOM RS side interior plates from CAMARO CHROME
31.CAMARO TRUNK MAT
32.Adaptive performance DRL harness
33.Showstopper radiator cover
34.RED LED trunk light




MODS I WANT TO DO

1.20inch vossen cv1s-
2.ON ORDER:LED TAILLIGHTS-
3.ON ORDER:CUSTOM LEATHER SHIFTER-
4.LEATHER 4GAUGE CLUSTER-
5.REAR FOOTWELL LIGTING-
6.Gm ground effects -
7.Lighted door sills -
8.RED RS headrest-
9.FRONT grill lighting
Here are some pics
I TOO SAID THAT TO MY FIRST GIRLFRIEND , THEN SAW ANOTHER GIRL THAT HAD TO HAVE ,THEN ANOTHER , YOU GET THE DRIFT !!!THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THE FIRST LOVE , TILL THE SECOND ONE COMES ALONG.:w 00t:
__________________
2010 BLK 2SS RS IO
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:56 PM   #35
rydahog

 
rydahog's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS 45th..Auto
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: riverview fl.
Posts: 1,935
glove and trunk led

not tryin to hyjack your thread only to help others with similar mods..

last 2 picts are glove box..i needed light..hahha
Attached Images
     
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:20 PM   #36
camaro2lt
 
camaro2lt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt VR/RS CGM Rally's
Join Date: May 2009
Location: palmyra pa
Posts: 5,252
Nice i like the glove box mod me and my dad were just talkin about a glovebox light do you have a DIY to this mod?
__________________
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:29 PM   #37
camaro2lt
 
camaro2lt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt VR/RS CGM Rally's
Join Date: May 2009
Location: palmyra pa
Posts: 5,252
just ordered a quad tip diffuser from a member on the fourms


I got the tips today and they are 3.5 outlets its gonna look sick i will post pics when its done

here are some pics of the tips
Attached Images
  
__________________
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:29 PM   #38
blakechase
 
blakechase's Avatar
 
Drives: White 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: los angeles
Posts: 202
Send a message via AIM to blakechase
those quad tips are gonna look BADASS!!!! or should i say badaRS....lawl
blakechase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:20 AM   #39
camaro2lt
 
camaro2lt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt VR/RS CGM Rally's
Join Date: May 2009
Location: palmyra pa
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakechase View Post
those quad tips are gonna look BADASS!!!! or should i say badaRS....lawl
Yes they will look back in a month or so i will get some pics up and a sound clip
__________________
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:28 AM   #40
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq
 
GbrilliantQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Decatur, Illinois
Posts: 2,614
Wow

I can't remember what I was doing at 14.... I know I wasn't modding a 30k+ beautiful red Camaro. Congrats.

You got a name for her yet?
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:51 AM   #41
RickRay
INJACC
 
RickRay's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montreal (South Shore)Quebec, Canada
Posts: 5,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
just ordered a quad tip diffuser from a member on the fourms


I got the tips today and they are 3.5 outlets its gonna look sick i will post pics when its done

here are some pics of the tips
You`ll have to change your rear difuser or mod the one you have.....

Forget it I just saw your List #36 Quad Difuser...
__________________
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:16 PM   #42
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro
 
colemanvoice's Avatar
 
Drives: MOTL3Y
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cumming GA
Posts: 1,258
Hey Camaro2lt,

I see you're getting to know your car well by doing all the mods. I was thinking, since you have some time before you get your license, another way to get to know your car well, is doing all the detail work yourself, which you may already do. If you're interested, the Junkman, as he's known, has great videos on detailing. Detailing is something I found to be enjoyable when I was young. To do a professional type job is very time consuming and hard work, but you have time, and I assume you can handle the hard work. Actually, we see the hard work you've already put in.

So good luck to you, and enjoy. And, if you're interested, here's a link to the Junkman, who is also a member of Camaro5;

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...nkman2008&aq=2
__________________
colemanvoice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #43
camaro2lt
 
camaro2lt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt VR/RS CGM Rally's
Join Date: May 2009
Location: palmyra pa
Posts: 5,252
Yea rick I ordered a rear diffuser from a guy on the fourms he custom makes them
__________________
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:32 PM   #44
camaro2lt
 
camaro2lt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt VR/RS CGM Rally's
Join Date: May 2009
Location: palmyra pa
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
Wow

I can't remember what I was doing at 14.... I know I wasn't modding a 30k+ beautiful red Camaro. Congrats.

You got a name for her yet?
Thanks and no i do not have a name yet any ideas
__________________
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:33 PM   #45
camaro2lt
 
camaro2lt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt VR/RS CGM Rally's
Join Date: May 2009
Location: palmyra pa
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by colemanvoice View Post
Hey Camaro2lt,

I see you're getting to know your car well by doing all the mods. I was thinking, since you have some time before you get your license, another way to get to know your car well, is doing all the detail work yourself, which you may already do. If you're interested, the Junkman, as he's known, has great videos on detailing. Detailing is something I found to be enjoyable when I was young. To do a professional type job is very time consuming and hard work, but you have time, and I assume you can handle the hard work. Actually, we see the hard work you've already put in.

So good luck to you, and enjoy. And, if you're interested, here's a link to the Junkman, who is also a member of Camaro5;

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...nkman2008&aq=2


I washed her today i use adams i also polished and wax i will get some pics up later
__________________
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:41 PM   #46
crewxp
 
Drives: 2LT RS Summit White Camaro
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 291
holy crap! I envy both you and your thread. Props to you for doing the mods at such a young age, especially when you can't even drive it yet. I wish more kids were motivated to get involved as you are.

I'm getting my first RS hopefully next week and am looking forward to being able to do the mods you're doing now.

keep up the nice work.
crewxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:49 PM   #47
camaro2lt
 
camaro2lt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt VR/RS CGM Rally's
Join Date: May 2009
Location: palmyra pa
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by crewxp View Post
holy crap! I envy both you and your thread. Props to you for doing the mods at such a young age, especially when you can't even drive it yet. I wish more kids were motivated to get involved as you are.

I'm getting my first RS hopefully next week and am looking forward to being able to do the mods you're doing now.

keep up the nice work.
Thanks you very much and congrats on your new camaro i am sure you will enjoy it i just recived a Billet catch can today i am geting ready to install it hopefully i can do a DIY
__________________
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:43 PM   #48
crewxp
 
Drives: 2LT RS Summit White Camaro
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 291
thanks, yeah, the people who I'm getting it from seem like really nice people too. It's been a pain coming up with the funds, but I cant wait

Looking forward to your next DIY
crewxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #49
camaro2lt
 
camaro2lt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt VR/RS CGM Rally's
Join Date: May 2009
Location: palmyra pa
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by crewxp View Post
thanks, yeah, the people who I'm getting it from seem like really nice people too. It's been a pain coming up with the funds, but I cant wait

Looking forward to your next DIY
its worth every penny post a pic when you get her

im working on the catch can now
__________________
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:57 AM   #50
crewxp
 
Drives: 2LT RS Summit White Camaro
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 291
nice! What caught my attention in the first place was I did a couple of forum searches for mods I wanted to do and you've done about 80% of them. I think we might think alike.

Quick question though on one of your mods. The AAC v2.0 Scanner. Does it react to music? Do you know how this works? Does it have to hook to the audio somehow? I have this awesome bass beat I generated (I make music for fun), and think it would look awesome if the sensor faded to the beat. Was wondering how this would work.

Scratch that, I have a bunch of questions for you. Hope you dont mind.

1.) The above question
2.) I'm new to the camaro scene. Is there a good place to get the RS and 2LT badges? The car Im looking at doesnt have any RS badge besides the one on the front grill and back.
3.) Where did you get your engine cover it. Its awesome!
4.) Is that a custom cupholder you have? Was it hard to install?

I plan on first getting lighting mods (foot area, interior lights, the scanner), getting RS badges, Chrome replacements, the small interior/cosmetic stuff, etc. Then definitely a CAI, followed by Exhaust system. Then all else comes after :P
crewxp is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.