Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-04-2011, 12:02 PM   #18
wrbear
Banned

Drives: 2010, 2SS, IOM/CGM Stripes, 4/24/10
I'm an older guy here and installed my Borla "S" myself with a little help from the wife to pull the rear diffuser out as I nudged the factory exhaust out. I used jack stands and 2 floor jacks to drop the factory one piece exhaust. I was exhausted...snort...Everything fit's like a puzzle really. The hardest part was going to the store for a six pack....snort...I got the cat-back to have a cleaner exhaust and to know what I have now. The axle-backs may be a different story since you have to cut I think. By the way it voids the exhaust warranty but that's it....my2
wrbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:36 PM   #19
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: SW 11' 2SS/RS LS3 Vert, Blk/Blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsanova View Post
Thank you for the great replies everyone. I love this forum. I might just try and install it with a friend by the sound of it. I like that feeling of accomplishment too! Drago and Mikey, how do you like your exhaust upgrades? Do either of those systems make it sound a lot louder on the inside when you are driving? Just curious. Thanks again!
Don't have my car yet to install on... soon tho, soon. My previous Camaro I had flowmasters on- I loved the sound inside. Not too loud where you couldn't talk comfortably, but definitely loud enough to enjoy!
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2ss, exhaust, installation