Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics Discussions related to the 5th gen Camaro Z/28 model

View Poll Results: Do you still want Z28?
I'll take Z28 over ZL1 any day! 67 29.39%
Nah - ZL1 suits me just fine 120 52.63%
I'll wait for Z28 until the 6th Generation comes out 41 17.98%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2011, 09:38 PM   #51
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover
 
calbert1999's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario (Canada)
Posts: 2,852
I don't know why everyone is so confused about the Camaro ZL1; This car is NOT a GM product, it is a Camaro modified by SLP, go to the SLP website. SLP markets these cars a some kind of limited edition badging, but realistically they're just mod'ed Camaros'.

SLP Home Page:
http://www.slponline.com/main.asp

SLP Camaro ZL site:
http://slpcamaro.com/

SLP Camaro Brochure (Download)
http://slpcamaro.com/zl-models/brochure-download/

Anyone with a 2010+ Camaro SS can have their vehicle modified with the same parts being used by SLP to mod the ZL's.
The ZL1 name is just the marketing spin for what GM will warranty after SLP mods the car, and a price gouge with a certificate and a special # assigned.
I recall seeing the brochures in May 2010. Now suddenly there is a GM ZL1 Camaro. Give me a break with all the $$$ grab non-sense.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:02 AM   #52
wildpaws

 
wildpaws's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 Blazer
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
I don't know why everyone is so confused about the Camaro ZL1; This car is NOT a GM product, it is a Camaro modified by SLP, go to the SLP website. SLP markets these cars a some kind of limited edition badging, but realistically they're just mod'ed Camaros'.

SLP Home Page:
http://www.slponline.com/main.asp

SLP Camaro ZL site:
http://slpcamaro.com/

SLP Camaro Brochure (Download)
http://slpcamaro.com/zl-models/brochure-download/

Anyone with a 2010+ Camaro SS can have their vehicle modified with the same parts being used by SLP to mod the ZL's.
The ZL1 name is just the marketing spin for what GM will warranty after SLP mods the car, and a price gouge with a certificate and a special # assigned.
I recall seeing the brochures in May 2010. Now suddenly there is a GM ZL1 Camaro. Give me a break with all the $$$ grab non-sense.
Obviously you are the one confused here, the current 2011 ZL1 is put together by SLP, the 2012 ZL1 will be a completely in house GM product. After 2011, SLP will no longer be offering a version called ZL1.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:43 AM   #53
Caliman93230

 
Caliman93230's Avatar
 
Drives: LS3S/C
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CALI
Posts: 1,347
I would think GM is going to bring back the z28 on the alpha platform, the z28 is about handling performance, rigth now the camaro is too much of a porker to be any good for some serious trans am performance, hopefully GM can get the camaro to be round the mustang weight, or something around 3500 pounds. Zl1 is an attempt to get the current camaros fat ass of the line with the help of the supercharger will see if the magnetic ride does it any good but with the added weight is kinda a shot in the foot, might as well had the car be an all wheel drive to get some decent performance, now that camaro is bringing in some decent kinda money GM should realy build performance platform specific to the camaro, will see
__________________
MODS whipple 2.9L s/c, ADM race scoop, 600 rwhp 550 wrtq, .
Caliman93230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:42 AM   #54
badapple
 
badapple's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS AT
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: MA
Posts: 35
no relation

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
I don't know why everyone is so confused about the Camaro ZL1; This car is NOT a GM product, it is a Camaro modified by SLP, go to the SLP website. SLP markets these cars a some kind of limited edition badging, but realistically they're just mod'ed Camaros'.

SLP Home Page:
http://www.slponline.com/main.asp

SLP Camaro ZL site:
http://slpcamaro.com/

SLP Camaro Brochure (Download)
http://slpcamaro.com/zl-models/brochure-download/

Anyone with a 2010+ Camaro SS can have their vehicle modified with the same parts being used by SLP to mod the ZL's.
The ZL1 name is just the marketing spin for what GM will warranty after SLP mods the car, and a price gouge with a certificate and a special # assigned.
I recall seeing the brochures in May 2010. Now suddenly there is a GM ZL1 Camaro. Give me a break with all the $$$ grab non-sense.
the two zl1's you are referring to have nothing to do with eachother. basically the slp is a decoy, where as the 2012 is the REAL DEAL.
badapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:24 AM   #55
St33lsinger
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
St33lsinger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1 RS/SS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
Basically, I think the Z28 should be the most powerful Camaro without a supercharger,
that can be produced. They have to be able to be enjoyed on the road, and compete at the track, with
AUTOMATIC & MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS AVAILABLE...PERIOD, END OF STORY!

PLEASE BRING BACK THE Z28 NAMEPLATE!
I totally agree. Dodge and Ford have both up'ed thier horsepower but GM still has good power plants they can use for the Z-28 without superchaging. But thats only 1st part of the total car. It shouldn't be a PIG (like the dodges) but it shouldn't be jumpy either (like the ford).

GM your on the right track.
LT-LS= Baseline Camaro owner
SS= Street Stumpen' Cruiser (does need a bump in HP)
Z28= Camaro Enthusiast (drives on the street and track)
ZL1= The bad-ass Ultimate answer to what the other guys have.
__________________

Had: 69' RS, 78' Z28, 98' SS Have: 2010 1RS/SS
St33lsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:10 PM   #56
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Thanks Chuck, I still owe you a drink.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown355 View Post
GM, if you're listening. PLEASE don't give me a new Z28 with two cylinders missing!!!
If Z28 turns out to be a TT V6, I'll sheet my pants. That would be an utter tragedy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
Obviously you are the one confused here, the current 2011 ZL1 is put together by SLP, the 2012 ZL1 will be a completely in house GM product. After 2011, SLP will no longer be offering a version called ZL1.
Clyde
That car won't be near the value-for-the-dollar the REAL ZL1 will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliman93230 View Post
I would think GM is going to bring back the z28 on the alpha platform, the z28 is about handling performance, rigth now the camaro is too much of a porker to be any good for some serious trans am performance, hopefully GM can get the camaro to be round the mustang weight, or something around 3500 pounds. Zl1 is an attempt to get the current camaros fat ass of the line with the help of the supercharger will see if the magnetic ride does it any good but with the added weight is kinda a shot in the foot, might as well had the car be an all wheel drive to get some decent performance, now that camaro is bringing in some decent kinda money GM should realy build performance platform specific to the camaro, will see
Yeah - CTS-V is complete rubbish That's a big 'ole car, too, but it's the second fastest sedan, behind a car that's like $40K MORE!!! No - I'm not saying weight isn't a significant factor to a perforamnce vehicle, but some people just won't let it go. Many supercars are pretty high in weight, but them manages out-of-this-world performance. I do hope CAMARO loses weight with the 6th Gen, but some people are so quick to dismiss CAMARO because of the weight.

Because of the introduction of the next generation EPS and MR on ZL1, I'm second guessing a possible introduction of a 5th Gen Z28 with a Gen V small block. I can see a mid-5-liter V8 with DI and power in the mid-to-higher 400 range and I think with MR, aero', and chassis improvements from ZL1, I think it would do GREAT against the Supervisor - I mean Boss. That's a mean car, but I know GM could make it happen. I worry, though, time is running out on the 5th Gen platform. They DID say they're always looking for opportunities to compete, though...
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:19 PM   #57
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover
 
calbert1999's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario (Canada)
Posts: 2,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
Obviously you are the one confused here, the current 2011 ZL1 is put together by SLP, the 2012 ZL1 will be a completely in house GM product. After 2011, SLP will no longer be offering a version called ZL1.
Clyde
You may be right, but no obvious confusion here I just like "facts", not marketing hype. As far as I'm concerned the Camro ZL "brand" is an SLP product, I've seen it, touched it, sat in it, spoke to SLP representatives at the 2011 AutoShow @ the GM display.

As far as I'm concerned if GM is going to purchase the ZL brand by 2012 thats' all fine and dandy, we'll see in 2012. For now ZL's are NOT a GM product offering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badapple View Post
the two zl1's you are referring to have nothing to do with eachother. basically the slp is a decoy, where as the 2012 is the REAL DEAL.
I'm not privy to the details, but I'd doubt it very much that GM would have a vendor @ their display with a product called ZL1 if GM was not somehow partnering with SLP in the near future. There is definately some credit to what "wildpaws" posted, perhaps we'll see in 2012.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:26 PM   #58
wildpaws

 
wildpaws's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 Blazer
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
You may be right, but no obvious confusion here I just like "facts", not marketing hype. As far as I'm concerned the Camro ZL "brand" is an SLP product, I've seen it, touched it, sat in it, spoke to SLP representatives at the 2011 AutoShow @ the GM display.

As far as I'm concerned if GM is going to purchase the ZL brand by 2012 thats' all fine and dandy, we'll see in 2012. For now ZL's are NOT a GM product offering.
Believe what you will, I think most people on this forum know and understand what the 2012 ZL1 Camaro will be. The fact is, ZL1 was a "Chevy thing" long before SLP even existed, SLP is using it for a while and it will once again be a "Chevy thing" when the 2012 ZL1 is released. So there's a little dose of "facts" for you and not marketing hype.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:10 PM   #59
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover
 
calbert1999's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario (Canada)
Posts: 2,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
Believe what you will, I think most people on this forum know and understand what the 2012 ZL1 Camaro will be. The fact is, ZL1 was a "Chevy thing" long before SLP even existed, SLP is using it for a while and it will once again be a "Chevy thing" when the 2012 ZL1 is released. So there's a little dose of "facts" for you and not marketing hype.
Clyde
Just because GM will bring back something of the past does not mean there's no back door deals being made between SLP and GM, and whoever else to bring back ZL1 / Z28 / IROC / Firebird, etc.... there's no reason why it's not possible SLP ZL1 will become GM ZL1. It only makes business sense. What do you think a Ford Mustang "Shelby" is / was / is going to be?
Licensing deals are made all the time dude. There a dose of "facts" for you too, for "now" 23-Feb-2011, the Camaro ZL brand is an SLP product that is a fact because it's tangible.
If SLP discontinues their Zl1 product in 2012, and GM comes out with an "in-house" ZL1 is yet to be seen in 2012, for now a GM ZL1 in 2012 it is hype. Fact and point, the 2010 Camaro was originally slated for 2008. I know this because I waited 3+yrs. for it to come to market after it was announced to come out in 2008. It almost didn't make it because of high energy costs and the focus on the environment.
The ZL1 and / or Z28 will be a fact when it's a reality, when you can touch it with your hands and see it with your eyes.
I saw, felt and touched an SLP Camaro ZL1. So, I believe the ZL1 is an SLP product.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:05 PM   #60
wildpaws

 
wildpaws's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 Blazer
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Just because GM will bring back something of the past does not mean there's no back door deals being made between SLP and GM, and whoever else to bring back ZL1 / Z28 / IROC / Firebird, etc.... there's no reason why it's not possible SLP ZL1 will become GM ZL1. It only makes business sense. What do you think a Ford Mustang "Shelby" is / was / is going to be?
Licensing deals are made all the time dude. There a dose of "facts" for you too, for "now" 23-Feb-2011, the Camaro ZL brand is an SLP product that is a fact because it's tangible.
If SLP discontinues their Zl1 product in 2012, and GM comes out with an "in-house" ZL1 is yet to be seen in 2012, for now a GM ZL1 in 2012 it is hype. Fact and point, the 2010 Camaro was originally slated for 2008. I know this because I waited 3+yrs. for it to come to market after it was announced to come out in 2008. It almost didn't make it because of high energy costs and the focus on the environment.
The ZL1 and / or Z28 will be a fact when it's a reality, when you can touch it with your hands and see it with your eyes.
I saw, felt and touched an SLP Camaro ZL1. So, I believe the ZL1 is an SLP product.
First of all "Dude", you are absolutely free to believe whatever fairy tale you want to believe! The 2010 Camaro was only shown as a prototype at the Detroit Auto Show in Jan. 2006, with no real plans for production, I don't think it was even given the green light for production until sometime in late 2006 or early 2007, so to even think that it would be released in 2008 is far beyond reality and borders on stupidity. I don't care if there have been deals between SLP and GM in the past, I don't care if you looked at the specs, sat in ten thousand of them, or got all of the ZL1 facts at a GM display at an auto show, or if there have been 2000 deals between SLP and GM in the past, the 2012 ZL1 is going to be a GM product through and through and SLP will no longer be making ZL1s, it's just that simple. And yes the current ZL1 is an SLP product, that much we all know, the 2012 ZL1 will not be an SLP product, the 2012 ZL1 is what is being discussed in this thread and not the current 2011 SLP ZL1. So I fully intend to stop responding to your continued ranting and delusions, if that's what you want to believe, then far be it for me to hinder that.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:46 PM   #61
Shurenuff

 
Shurenuff's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Here's a question:

With the 5th Generation Camaros, if a Z/28 were to be built, where should it stand in relation to the existing trim levels?

ZL1 > SS > Z/28 > V6

or

ZL1 > Z/28 > SS > V6

If the latter, how do you think that would make the current SS owners feel?
Exactly like they should, like Mustang GT owners. There's nothing wrong with that.
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:37 PM   #62
OldJedi
Use the Force
 
OldJedi's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 FI Corvette and CRT ZL1 #336
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Davie, Fl.
Posts: 3,097
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliman93230 View Post
I would think GM is going to bring back the z28 on the alpha platform, the z28 is about handling performance, rigth now the camaro is too much of a porker to be any good for some serious trans am performance, hopefully GM can get the camaro to be round the mustang weight, or something around 3500 pounds. Zl1 is an attempt to get the current camaros fat ass of the line with the help of the supercharger will see if the magnetic ride does it any good but with the added weight is kinda a shot in the foot, might as well had the car be an all wheel drive to get some decent performance, now that camaro is bringing in some decent kinda money GM should realy build performance platform specific to the camaro, will see
Quite honestly the members of this forum are some of the most well informed car enthusiasts anywhere, but do you really think the ZL1 is fat and slow? Its closest cousin is the CTS-V which owns the record for the fastest production sedan at the Nurburing Track with lap times under 8 minutes using the same engine, suspension and brakes. Really, how slow do you think this car is? It will run in the low 12's and cost under $55,000, how many other low 12 second cars are out there that cost under $55,000? Look at other cars that ran the Nurburing Track at under 8 minutes, how many of them are under $55,000? How many people realistically drive a low 12 second car to work everyday. I would venture to say that the vast majority of people have never even been in a 12 second car at full speed. In my opinion the ZL1 is a phenomenal technically advanced vehicle with awesome power and will be a phenomenal deal. Can you mod up an SS and have more horsepower for less money? Yes, but you know it will cost you the 100,000 mile warranty. If you completely modded up an SS with a S/C, suspension and brakes to match the ZL1, it would cost you more money and still leave you without a warranty. No I do not think that this ZL1 Camaro is too fat and heavy to go out and win.
__________________
Walk softly, carry a light saber and drive a ZL1!
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:30 AM   #63
Z28 Autobot
 
Drives: 94 Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New England
Posts: 530
Somebody get FBodyfather in here to set the record right..

there is a lot of smoke being blown around here in the last few posts..


I just love this "its not a real ZL1..yada yada yada..because its yada yada yada.."
Fact: SLP owns the name ZL1 for 2011.
Fact: Camaro is the car it is made from.
Fact: the SLP ZL1 cost a lot more $$$!
Fact: the GM ZL1 cost a lot less $$$!
Fact: the '11 SLP ZL1 has a lot more HP!
Fact: the '12 GM ZL1 has a lot less HP!
FACT: the 2011 SLP product IS a ZL1 Camaro!
FACT: the 2012 GM product IS a ZL1 Camaro!
Z28 Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:09 AM   #64
BustedCrank
 
Drives: Broken
Join Date: May 2009
Location: WA
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
... Its closest cousin is the CTS-V which owned the record for the fastest production sedan at the Nurburing Track with lap times under 8 minutes using the same engine, suspension and brakes.
Fixed it for you
BustedCrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:25 AM   #65
OldJedi
Use the Force
 
OldJedi's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 FI Corvette and CRT ZL1 #336
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Davie, Fl.
Posts: 3,097
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Correctly said, SLP Products has purchased and owns the name ZL. They have temporally purchased the use of the name ZL1 until the end of 2011. The SLP Camaro ZL1 is a 750HP specially built car of which only 69 vehicles will be made and cost over $100,000 each. At the end of 2011 SLP can NO LONGER make vehicles with the ZL1 name, however they can continue to make their ZL585 series of cars.

Starting in Jan. 2012 GM will start production of their ZL1 Camaro introduced at the Chicago Auto show two weeks ago. The GM ZL1 will be a 550HP car selling in the $50,000 range starting in the spring of 2012. Once Jan. 2012 comes around SLP will no longer have the rights to use the name plate of ZL1.
__________________
Walk softly, carry a light saber and drive a ZL1!

Last edited by OldJedi; 02-24-2011 at 02:54 PM.
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:29 AM   #66
OldJedi
Use the Force
 
OldJedi's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 FI Corvette and CRT ZL1 #336
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Davie, Fl.
Posts: 3,097
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I can't say I disagree with hardly any of these points, lol. My signature agrees
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedCrank View Post
Fixed it for you
OK thanks Radz and BustedCrank, but I did not hear it lost the top spot. When did it fall to 2nd place and who is the fastest now?
__________________
Walk softly, carry a light saber and drive a ZL1!

Last edited by OldJedi; 02-24-2011 at 09:55 AM.
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #67
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,043
The Panamera is now in the top spot, if I remember correctly :( It still costs like $35K more than CTS-V, but it was a good bit faster. It's hard to argue with AWD; at least it wasn't a Nissan or something, LOL.
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:48 AM   #68
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,043
http://www.fastestlaps.com/tracks/nordschleife.html


70. Porsche Panamera Sport Chrono Turbo 7:56.00 156 '09 500 / 1974 Walter Roehrl (AutoB
71. Porsche Panamera Turbo 7:56.00 156 '09 500 / 1870 Walter Röhrl
72. Porsche 996 GT3 early 7:56.33 156 '99 360 / 1350 Walter Rohl
73. Honda NSX-R 7:56.73 156 '02 280 / 1270 Gan San
74. Audi RS4 (B7) 7:58.00 155 '05 420 / 1720 Frank Stippler
75. Chevrolet Corvette C6 7:59.00 155 '04 400 / 1470 Motortrend
76. Porsche 997 Carrera S 7:59.00 155 '04 355 / 1420 Walter Roehrl, WHEEL
77. Cadillac CTS-V 7:59.32 155 '09 564 / 1955 john heinricy

I'm reading the Porsche's times weren't official, though...
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:58 PM   #69
OldJedi
Use the Force
 
OldJedi's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 FI Corvette and CRT ZL1 #336
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Davie, Fl.
Posts: 3,097
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
The Panamera is now in the top spot, if I remember correctly :( It still costs like $35K more than CTS-V, but it was a good bit faster. It's hard to argue with AWD; at least it wasn't a Nissan or something, LOL.
Thanks Radz, I guess it is hard to maintain that top position. I think the CTS-V looks much better than the pregnant Porsche.
__________________
Walk softly, carry a light saber and drive a ZL1!
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:04 PM   #70
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Thanks Radz, I guess it is hard to maintain that top position. I think the CTS-V looks much better than the pregnant Porsche.
I've had better runs in my shorts! That thing is FUBAR!
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:31 PM   #71
coinoperated
 
Drives: camaro
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5
zl1 was a bust back in the day and will be in 2012 sad to say

bring back the z28
coinoperated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:46 PM   #72
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by coinoperated View Post
zl1 was a bust back in the day and will be in 2012 sad to say

bring back the z28
1/2 your posts so far are nothing but negativity. It's getting seriously old. If you can't post something constructive, perhaps you should consider posting somewhere else.
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:00 PM   #73
coinoperated
 
Drives: camaro
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5
just stating facts son just so happens its negitive sorry get over it move on and by the looks get a job instead of being forum police
coinoperated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:31 PM   #74
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover
 
calbert1999's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario (Canada)
Posts: 2,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
First of all "Dude", you are absolutely free to believe whatever fairy tale you want to believe! The 2010 Camaro was only shown as a prototype at the Detroit Auto Show in Jan. 2006, with no real plans for production, I don't think it was even given the green light for production until sometime in late 2006 or early 2007, so to even think that it would be released in 2008 is far beyond reality and borders on stupidity. I don't care if there have been deals between SLP and GM in the past, I don't care if you looked at the specs, sat in ten thousand of them, or got all of the ZL1 facts at a GM display at an auto show, or if there have been 2000 deals between SLP and GM in the past, the 2012 ZL1 is going to be a GM product through and through and SLP will no longer be making ZL1s, it's just that simple. And yes the current ZL1 is an SLP product, that much we all know, the 2012 ZL1 will not be an SLP product, the 2012 ZL1 is what is being discussed in this thread and not the current 2011 SLP ZL1. So I fully intend to stop responding to your continued ranting and delusions, if that's what you want to believe, then far be it for me to hinder that.
Clyde
"And yes the current ZL1 is an SLP product, that much we all know."

That was my point to begin with. I love winning "debates" with facts, you like winning rants with "thoughts", and dillusional fairly tales of what might be in 2012.
Do your research, there are virtually thousands of announcements and reviews of the 2008 Camaro all over the internet with GM themselves "quoted" as to saying the 2008 Camaro will start to build in mid-to-late 2007 ready for the market in early 2008. Instead of looking up intelligent words in the dictionary to post in forums to add credibillity to your useless information spend a few moments doing research to backup your moronic blabbering.
This just further proves my point that if there is going to be a GM ZL1 product offering, we'll have to wait and see as there are numerous "hyped" up announcements of a 2008 Camaro that never came to fruition until 2010.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:33 PM   #75
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!
 
UCI CamaroFan's Avatar
 
Drives: Toyota 4Runner
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 1,332
2 words: weight reduction

But, weight reduction may hard to achieve because the car is just so damn big
__________________
UCI CamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transcript of Camaro ZL1 Q&A Webchat with Chevrolet Tran Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 38 02-17-2012 12:45 AM
Now that the ZL1 is out, what do you want the Z28 to be? Hylton Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics 203 05-11-2011 08:50 AM
5th gen vs 4th gen JCO2185 Chevy Camaro vs... 158 07-26-2010 08:16 AM
Z28 - Please try and understand..... GTAHVIT Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 73 07-24-2008 12:30 PM
ZL1 Camaro 94blackcamaroz28 Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 57 07-10-2008 11:09 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.