Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-24-2011, 01:52 AM   #15
Luvpilot

Drives: GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ice View Post
Pfadt rear trailng arms

\thread
Luvpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:17 AM   #16
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalnch View Post
All the suspension vendors here will provide a good solution for wheel hop by providing their rear trailing arms.

The main question you want to ask yourself is: "Which one looks the best?"

My answer: PFADT

They look awesome under your car cause they resemble a real structural member.
They work pretty well too.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:26 AM   #17
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Automatic trans swap = No wheel hop at 536rwhp w/ stock suspension!: Just kidding, I`ve used BMR stuff in the past on my 4th gen and it got rid of wheelhop I had w/ that car. They make very good stuff and a decent price. Those Pfadt trailing arms look really nice though!
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:27 AM   #18
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Wheel hop isn't just one part. It is in the drive-line and suspension. It is influenced by driving style, wheels and tires. It is a harmonic instability that starts small and reverberates, grows and finally explodes into potentially destructive vibration. Before we start selling you parts, maybe we should ask you about your particular situation?

1. What is your RWHP?
2. What is your wheel and tire package?
3. Is the wheel hop at the track or on the street?
4. Is the wheel hop temperature sensitive? ie. cold days, goes away when your tires are hot...
5. What RPMs are you luanching at?

A lot of things can contribute to this nasty problem, take a complete approach. I have seen some cars that trailing arms wont fix, some even had to go on to diff bushings and subframe bushings. It just depends on the car and driver. Pete is very knowlegable, and is more than happy to help. I can honestly say he is not just about selling a part, he wants to make a customer.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:28 PM   #19
RichJ.
Shop Owner

Drives: 1 ton silverado
Always start with fondation. Pedders sub fram inserts or bushings and diff bushing has worked for the cars we prep.
RichJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:10 PM   #20
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
If you asked me what the absolute first suspension mod should be for any customer doing any form of driving I would say cradle bushings. The soft OE bushings not only contribute to wheel hop but also create an unstable platform for the entire suspension and driveline. Replacing them with full poly bushings or upgrading them with poly inserts fixes multiple issues, not just one problem.

Since you specifically asked what is the best thing to cure wheel hop I will say Trailing Arms. Regardless of what transmission you have, how aggressive you drive, or how much horsepower you are making Trailing Arms will be the single most effective solution to eliminating your wheel hop. I would say that 90% of our customers eliminate their wheel hop just by installing Trailing Arms. The other 10% eliminated it by also adding cradle bushings and differential bushings...

BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:41 AM   #21
JusticePete
5th Gen Master Builder

Drives: Camaro Justice
Foundation, foundation, foundation. 5th Gen Suspension THE BOOK
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote