Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2011, 12:00 AM   #1
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB
 
Chaotic73's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yardville, NJ
Posts: 1,238
Black Chrome Tips

I currently have the Flowmaster A/T axle back kit and I've been looking for some black chrome exhaust tips to replace the ones that came with it but can't seem to find any. If anyone has some or can recommend where to get some I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Chaotic73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:19 AM   #2
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack
 
chicagobulls's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,226
ebay?



they actually have alot of them
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:42 AM   #3
OrangeFury
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio
 
OrangeFury's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 1LT, 1974 Corvette
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 396
Never seen this on a 5th gen...don't know if I would like the look or not.
OrangeFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
chozn4service
Five-O
 
chozn4service's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SSRS RJT
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: +34° 55' 19.15", -117° 53' 22.43"
Posts: 2,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeFury View Post
Never seen this on a 5th gen...don't know if I would like the look or not.

Have to agree with you on this one Fury. Something about that silver or polished look coming out from that black rear valance does something for the look, the bigger the better. I too have the flowmaster exhaust and I were to do anything it would be to keep the same diameter of the tips but find some that aren't rolled like the Flowmaster tips but thin walled like stock so I don't have to keep wiping those puppies out from the moisture smut that comes out. These cars emit a lot of water vapor out the exhaust which is common. I love the tips I have now but I'm somewhat OCD and find myself wiping them out all the time. If they were then lined like stock in it would be a non-issue, same with black.
Attached Images
  
__________________
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3832170 : Praise The Lowered!
Flowmaster Catback Exhaust, Vararam intake, Solo HFC, VMax Ported TB, VMax "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Trifecta Tune, Mike Norris Catch Can, DRL Harness, Heritage grill, Razzi GFX, NLP Spoiler, MPD1 Spoiler and more!
chozn4service is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:01 PM   #5
OrangeFury
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio
 
OrangeFury's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 1LT, 1974 Corvette
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
Have to agree with you on this one Fury. Something about that silver or polished look coming out from that black rear valance does something for the look, the bigger the better. I too have the flowmaster exhaust and I were to do anything it would be to keep the same diameter of the tips but find some that aren't rolled like the Flowmaster tips but thin walled like stock so I don't have to keep wiping those puppies out from the moisture smut that comes out. These cars emit a lot of water vapor out the exhaust which is common. I love the tips I have now but I'm somewhat OCD and find myself wiping them out all the time. If they were then lined like stock in it would be a non-issue, same with black.

I'm really glad you replied...I have the Flowmaster AT, as well, and absolutely love the look of the 4in rolled tips, too.

I also consider myself to go a little overboard on trying to keep them clean. Wondering what you use to clean the soit that deposits around the lip? I always wipe everything out w/ a clean rag because I'm not sure what product to use and didn't want to risk damaging the finish.
OrangeFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:41 PM   #6
chozn4service
Five-O
 
chozn4service's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SSRS RJT
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: +34° 55' 19.15", -117° 53' 22.43"
Posts: 2,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeFury View Post
I'm really glad you replied...I have the Flowmaster AT, as well, and absolutely love the look of the 4in rolled tips, too.

I also consider myself to go a little overboard on trying to keep them clean. Wondering what you use to clean the soit that deposits around the lip? I always wipe everything out w/ a clean rag because I'm not sure what product to use and didn't want to risk damaging the finish.
I don't think you can ruin the finish on the tips. I've waxed them and put all kind of stuff on them. Currently I've been using never dull and Mother's Mag & Aluminm Polish which is good for all metals and it cleans and protects.
__________________
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3832170 : Praise The Lowered!
Flowmaster Catback Exhaust, Vararam intake, Solo HFC, VMax Ported TB, VMax "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Trifecta Tune, Mike Norris Catch Can, DRL Harness, Heritage grill, Razzi GFX, NLP Spoiler, MPD1 Spoiler and more!
chozn4service is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:12 PM   #7
J.L.TYCHE
Tampa Gulf Coast Family
 
J.L.TYCHE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Corvette
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: TAMPA FLA.
Posts: 302
How about these thin wall tips
Attached Images
 
J.L.TYCHE is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Black chrome vs. Powdercoated wheels sfgiantsfan9 Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack 20 03-01-2011 12:33 AM
20" or 22" Foose Legend Chrome or Black Packages! Super Cheap! Motorsporttech Wheels / Tires 14 05-19-2010 04:35 PM
Flat black stripes, black bowties, black chrome wheels... bill12690 Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 38 04-22-2010 11:22 PM
Looking For Pic of RY with Black Chrome Wheels Blueclyde Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 1 03-04-2010 06:31 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.