Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Suspension / Chassis / Brakes

Suspension / Chassis / Brakes Suspension, chassis, and brake components

View our official forum sponsors list.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #101
r1concepts

 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: La Habra
Posts: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by BilletAnything View Post
Just installed a set of these Rotors and Hawks pads all we can say is Awesome great job R1 here some photos from my phone



Thank you, remember to take it easy for the first 500 miles. No hard braking unless you have to (let pads and rotors embed with each other). Sorry for the little wait time on the pads.

Thanks
Steven
__________________
R1 Concepts Inc
Steven B.(888)712-6623 ext. 7006
steven@r1concept.com

*Current brake rotor and pad Deals: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...14#post1899014
r1concepts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:51 PM   #102
JVSS
Former 2010 Camaro owner
 
JVSS's Avatar
 
Drives: blah
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: blah
Posts: 55
was just on your web site, Didnt see drilled and slotted rotors for the 2010 2ss listed could you pm me a price for all 4 corners?


Thanks
JVSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:05 PM   #103
r1concepts

 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: La Habra
Posts: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVSS View Post
was just on your web site, Didnt see drilled and slotted rotors for the 2010 2ss listed could you pm me a price for all 4 corners?


Thanks
PM sent, thank you.
__________________
R1 Concepts Inc
Steven B.(888)712-6623 ext. 7006
steven@r1concept.com

*Current brake rotor and pad Deals: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...14#post1899014
r1concepts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:15 PM   #104
StlRomAniaN

 
StlRomAniaN's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,317
Send a message via Yahoo to StlRomAniaN
PM for drilled & slotted SS, with stainless steel brake lines, and pads.
__________________


Pre-ordered on October 24, 2008

Inferno Orange Metallic 2SS/RS
Auto w/ TAPshift
=
funnnnnn, just like Megan Fox!

1100 = Preliminary Order: 10-24-09
2000 = Accepted by GM: 3-30-09
2500 = Referenced: 3-31-09
3000 = Accepted by Production Control: 4-18-09
3100 = Sequenced: 5-1-09
3300 = Scheduled For Production: 5-12-09
3400 = Broadcast: 5-19-09
3800 = Produced: 5-27-09 VIN# 12768
4000 = Available to Ship: --
4200 = Shipped: --
5000 = Delivered to Dealer: --
6000 = Delivered to Customer: --
StlRomAniaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:48 PM   #105
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team
 
Buffnshine's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 SS/RS, '06 HHR, '70 El Camino
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 2,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by StlRomAniaN View Post
PM for drilled & slotted SS, with stainless steel brake lines, and pads.
Ditto for SS
__________________
TEAM L99 - So Cal Camaro5 Race Team #27
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels
Buffnshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #106
StlRomAniaN

 
StlRomAniaN's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,317
Send a message via Yahoo to StlRomAniaN
Bump.
__________________


Pre-ordered on October 24, 2008

Inferno Orange Metallic 2SS/RS
Auto w/ TAPshift
=
funnnnnn, just like Megan Fox!

1100 = Preliminary Order: 10-24-09
2000 = Accepted by GM: 3-30-09
2500 = Referenced: 3-31-09
3000 = Accepted by Production Control: 4-18-09
3100 = Sequenced: 5-1-09
3300 = Scheduled For Production: 5-12-09
3400 = Broadcast: 5-19-09
3800 = Produced: 5-27-09 VIN# 12768
4000 = Available to Ship: --
4200 = Shipped: --
5000 = Delivered to Dealer: --
6000 = Delivered to Customer: --
StlRomAniaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #107
r1concepts

 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: La Habra
Posts: 382
PM sent, thanks.
__________________
R1 Concepts Inc
Steven B.(888)712-6623 ext. 7006
steven@r1concept.com

*Current brake rotor and pad Deals: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...14#post1899014
r1concepts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:27 AM   #108
DarkneSS


 
DarkneSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,700
Can anyone comment on the ones for the V6? How is the quality? Can I just swap out my stock ones for these?

If so the price is too good, I gotta work these into my budget and get them asap!
__________________
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:50 AM   #109
ddavis
boostalicious
 
ddavis's Avatar
 
Drives: Blown Ls3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bay Area SF
Posts: 1,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Can anyone comment on the ones for the V6? How is the quality? Can I just swap out my stock ones for these?

If so the price is too good, I gotta work these into my budget and get them asap!
I have a set of the v8 ones on my car, nice rotors. Easy install, took me 20min at each wheel without rushing. Pick you up some hawk hps pads for them. I wouldnt suggest breaking in new rotors with used pads. Heres a shot with them on my car...

__________________
*Powered by Maggie**553rwhp 541rwtq*
ddavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:05 AM   #110
Huggerorange73
Banned
 
Drives: The REAL C5
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norridge, IL
Posts: 2,115
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Can you please PM me a price on a set of slotted and drilled rotors for a 2010 SS with the ceramic Hawk pads...shipping to 60706.

Thanks!
Mike
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:21 AM   #111
DarkneSS


 
DarkneSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavis View Post
I have a set of the v8 ones on my car, nice rotors. Easy install, took me 20min at each wheel without rushing. Pick you up some hawk hps pads for them. I wouldnt suggest breaking in new rotors with used pads. Heres a shot with them on my car...

Wow they look great! I'll probably wait then until my current pads wear out, once I get this upgrade I wont want to go back so I might as well get a good use out of them.
__________________
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:16 AM   #112
longgun
Drummer
 
longgun's Avatar
 
Drives: Black Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 207
Sir, Not meaning to sound dumb, but what is the major difference between the following two pads?

FT/RR POSI CERAMIC PADS (V6): $90

FT/RR HAWK CERAMIC PADS (V6): $145


Could you PM me a price for both sets with shipping to 31820?

Thanks
longgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #113
r1concepts

 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: La Habra
Posts: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 View Post
Can you please PM me a price on a set of slotted and drilled rotors for a 2010 SS with the ceramic Hawk pads...shipping to 60706.

Thanks!
Mike
Pm sent, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longgun View Post
Sir, Not meaning to sound dumb, but what is the major difference between the following two pads?

FT/RR POSI CERAMIC PADS (V6): $90

FT/RR HAWK CERAMIC PADS (V6): $145


Could you PM me a price for both sets with shipping to 31820?

Thanks
Hawk Ceramics will brake better than the Posi ceramics.

Thanks
Steven
__________________
R1 Concepts Inc
Steven B.(888)712-6623 ext. 7006
steven@r1concept.com

*Current brake rotor and pad Deals: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...14#post1899014
r1concepts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:40 PM   #114
martin_2010
 
martin_2010's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss/Rs package
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: san antonio texas
Posts: 132
need a price

please send me a price for the front and rear for a v8 1ss to 78238
and how much would you recommend getting new break pads and which are best and how much
also how much for the shiny brake lines ? anything else i would need ?
martin_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:02 AM   #115
CamaroDreams07
Black Belt Shinemaster
 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Shinier than yours
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,025
PM price for SS drilled and slotted to 75074?
__________________
Find my reviews helpful? Consider making a donation to the supply/beer fund
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:30 PM   #116
r1concepts

 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: La Habra
Posts: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_2010 View Post
please send me a price for the front and rear for a v8 1ss to 78238
and how much would you recommend getting new break pads and which are best and how much
also how much for the shiny brake lines ? anything else i would need ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
PM price for SS drilled and slotted to 75074?
PM sent, thanks guys.

-Steven
__________________
R1 Concepts Inc
Steven B.(888)712-6623 ext. 7006
steven@r1concept.com

*Current brake rotor and pad Deals: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...14#post1899014
r1concepts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:08 PM   #117
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy
 
Rockin the BlueSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cali
Posts: 1,246
i just got mine on... they are great! here are some fast phone pics... will take better ones this weekend hopefully.

Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:05 PM   #118
BumbleBeeSS2009

 
BumbleBeeSS2009's Avatar
 
Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wellington FL
Posts: 1,798
Could you please PM me a package price on the following:

Cross-Drilled & slotted Rotors (SS)
G2 Kit (Yellow)
Hawk HPS Pads

Shipped to 33449

Thanks!
__________________

#52325 Delivered 11/07/2009
BumbleBeeSS2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:15 PM   #119
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy
 
Rockin the BlueSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cali
Posts: 1,246
I forgot to mention that my rotors are dimpled ans slotted... at no extra charge it was great to get these on the car and the look great. i will get some good quality pictures taken and will report back. R1 Concepts was great to work with, answered all my questions and offer a great deal on a reputable rotor.

By the way R1concepts i have seen some people say that to bed the rotor and pads the process is 60-20 80-20 and 100-20 without stopping just braking, any comments?

thanks again, A++++


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS View Post
i just got mine on... they are great! here are some fast phone pics... will take better ones this weekend hopefully.

Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:21 PM   #120
r1concepts

 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: La Habra
Posts: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS View Post
I forgot to mention that my rotors are dimpled ans slotted... at no extra charge it was great to get these on the car and the look great. i will get some good quality pictures taken and will report back. R1 Concepts was great to work with, answered all my questions and offer a great deal on a reputable rotor.

By the way R1concepts i have seen some people say that to bed the rotor and pads the process is 60-20 80-20 and 100-20 without stopping just braking, any comments?

thanks again, A++++
You can do a bed in process if you wish to speed up the process. Just make sure you drive the car for about 10 minutes for gradual cool down before parking the vehicle.

However, you can just take it easy on the first 500-700 miles of normal driving. No hard braking unless you have to. By that time, the rotors and pads should embed with each other.

thanks
steven
__________________
R1 Concepts Inc
Steven B.(888)712-6623 ext. 7006
steven@r1concept.com

*Current brake rotor and pad Deals: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...14#post1899014
r1concepts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:26 PM   #121
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy
 
Rockin the BlueSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cali
Posts: 1,246
Great! thanks
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:25 PM   #122
CamaroDreams07
Black Belt Shinemaster
 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Shinier than yours
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,025
Placed my order. Can't wait til they come in.
__________________
Find my reviews helpful? Consider making a donation to the supply/beer fund
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:20 AM   #123
JVSS
Former 2010 Camaro owner
 
JVSS's Avatar
 
Drives: blah
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: blah
Posts: 55
Just put my drilled and slotted disc's on with the Hawk ceramic pads this weekend. I must say i was really impressed.

Cudo's to R1 concepts on answering all my dumb questions and provide quality service and fast shipping. A guy couldnt ask for anything more.

Thanks R1 Concepts.
JVSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:27 PM   #124
r1concepts

 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: La Habra
Posts: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVSS View Post
Just put my drilled and slotted disc's on with the Hawk ceramic pads this weekend. I must say i was really impressed.

Cudo's to R1 concepts on answering all my dumb questions and provide quality service and fast shipping. A guy couldnt ask for anything more.

Thanks R1 Concepts.
Any questions that you still have, feel free to ask. Thank you.

-Steven
__________________
R1 Concepts Inc
Steven B.(888)712-6623 ext. 7006
steven@r1concept.com

*Current brake rotor and pad Deals: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...14#post1899014
r1concepts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:52 PM   #125
CamaroDreams07
Black Belt Shinemaster
 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Shinier than yours
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,025
Aren't these directional? How are the slots on DarkneSS and RockingtheblueSS's car different? See on Darkness' car the top of the slot is facing in the direction of rotation and in Rockin's car the bottom of the slot is pointed in the direction of rotation.

A google search of "slotted rotor direction" agrees with the way Darkness has them. What's the deal on this before I go install mine.

Edit: I think I found a site that might explain it. It says that if the internal cooling vanes are radial or straight, then it doesn't matter which way the slots go. Maybe that's the case here??
__________________
Find my reviews helpful? Consider making a donation to the supply/beer fund
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DBA Brake Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads, and Motul Fluids! AJ@ECSMotorsports Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 49 11-13-2010 03:57 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.