Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Trunk Monkey Parts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2011, 02:46 PM   #43
Scruffage
 
Drives: 2011 2ss Rs LS3 manual in black
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: KY
Posts: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie1227 View Post
Pete,
Just checking in. Its been almost 2 weeks since I installed the OE end links. I have done a lot of hard driving, and still no noise!
I am so happy you were able to solve my rattly front end. I actually get excited every time I get in my car, knowing that I will have quiet, tight, performance ride.
I am going to the road track next month, I can't wait to see the performance on the track.
Thanks again!
Any updates? Are your endlinks still quiet? Unfortunately I thought mine were quite but they pop when driving over a speed bump at and angle.
Scruffage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:50 PM   #44
JusticePete
5th Gen Master Builder

 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 18,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffage View Post
I thought mine were quite but they pop when driving over a speed bump at and angle.
Do you have Pedders endlinks? They should be OE quite. Please contact me immediately 248.522.8021!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #45
RichJ.
Shop Owner
 
Drives: 1 ton silverado
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Medina Oh
Posts: 154
Spherical Ball End links make noise. Even the teflon coated ones will eventually make noise. You can help by keeping them clean and lubing them occasionally but then the lube attracts dirt. Bottom line Spherical ball end links will at some point make noise.
RichJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:51 AM   #46
Scruffage
 
Drives: 2011 2ss Rs LS3 manual in black
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: KY
Posts: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Do you have Pedders endlinks? They should be OE quite. Please contact me immediately 248.522.8021!
No I do not have Pedders endlinks. I have another brand. I'm sure they are installed correctly,torqued and locktite applied. They are quiet until I "twist" if you will, the suspension by traveling over a speed bump at an angle or when approaching an incline of a driveway at an angle. I have a single popping sound in this situation. I assumed it was the endlinks but not sure.
Scruffage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:55 AM   #47
Scruffage
 
Drives: 2011 2ss Rs LS3 manual in black
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: KY
Posts: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Do you have Pedders endlinks? They should be OE quite. Please contact me immediately 248.522.8021!
Sorry, the way I worded my question in the earlier post may lead someone to believe I had a problem with Pedders endlinks, THAT IS NOT THE CASE. I have a competitors endlink. I just don't want to trash anyone's products by mentioning names, especially when I have not 100% identified the problem.
Scruffage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:48 AM   #48
JusticePete
5th Gen Master Builder

 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 18,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffage View Post
Sorry, the way I worded my question in the earlier post may lead someone to believe I had a problem with Pedders endlinks, THAT IS NOT THE CASE. I have a competitors endlink. I just don't want to trash anyone's products by mentioning names, especially when I have not 100% identified the problem.
Cool. Thank you for the clarification. Endlink noises for OE and aftermarket brands can frequently be solved by:

1. Squaring the joint to the mounting surface. The joint should the square to the sway bar and the strut tab. This allows the joint to work without binding. Sometimes when you tighten the bolt the entire endlink will shift out of position and create a bind. This can cause a noise or damage the endlink. Check the articulation and make sure they are correct.

2. Tighten the bolts. GM has a relatively low torque value for the endlink hardware. I really hate to type this -- make them mechanic tight. If you want to feel more sophisticated use the German torq spec Gudentight.

Let me know if this helps.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:38 PM   #49
Scruffage
 
Drives: 2011 2ss Rs LS3 manual in black
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: KY
Posts: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Cool. Thank you for the clarification. Endlink noises for OE and aftermarket brands can frequently be solved by:

1. Squaring the joint to the mounting surface. The joint should the square to the sway bar and the strut tab. This allows the joint to work without binding. Sometimes when you tighten the bolt the entire endlink will shift out of position and create a bind. This can cause a noise or damage the endlink. Check the articulation and make sure they are correct.

2. Tighten the bolts. GM has a relatively low torque value for the endlink hardware. I really hate to type this -- make them mechanic tight. If you want to feel more sophisticated use the German torq spec Gudentight.

Let me know if this helps.
Thanks, I was careful during installation to install them in a position that allowed for the greatest range of motion. I will re-evaluate. If I can't get this issue corrected I may have to invest in your endlinks. Just seems a shame to spend the money when mine only have a few hundred miles on them.
Scruffage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:12 PM   #50
JusticePete
5th Gen Master Builder

 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 18,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffage View Post
Thanks, I was careful during installation to install them in a position that allowed for the greatest range of motion. I will re-evaluate. If I can't get this issue corrected I may have to invest in your endlinks. Just seems a shame to spend the money when mine only have a few hundred miles on them.
Hopefully you get it sorted. If not, there is always eBay to get some of your money back.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:50 AM   #51
JusticePete
5th Gen Master Builder

 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 18,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffage View Post
Thanks, I was careful during installation to install them in a position that allowed for the greatest range of motion. I will re-evaluate. If I can't get this issue corrected I may have to invest in your endlinks. Just seems a shame to spend the money when mine only have a few hundred miles on them.
It sounds like you have done it all right. Did tightening things up resolve your issue?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:50 AM   #52
JusticePete
5th Gen Master Builder

 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 18,689
When you want to have optimal performance from your OE or aftermarket sway bars yet have OE quiet function Pedders High Efficiency Endlinks are the solution.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:55 PM   #53
Scruffage
 
Drives: 2011 2ss Rs LS3 manual in black
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: KY
Posts: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
It sounds like you have done it all right. Did tightening things up resolve your issue?
I haven't had the car out of my garage yet. Too busy.
Scruffage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:21 PM   #54
JusticePete
5th Gen Master Builder

 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 18,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffage View Post
I haven't had the car out of my garage yet. Too busy.
I can feel your pain and frustration.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:25 PM   #55
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider
 
Cyber Gray's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2SS/RS 14; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Muscat
Posts: 2,047
Is it a must to buy part, for those who run on sport sway bar and OE endlinks?
__________________
Im not Gray any more !!
Cyber Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:58 PM   #56
Saving41
 
Drives: IBM 1SS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 218
I just replaced another companies endlinks, while they worked as designed, I could not stand the "clank" when going over speed bumps (and yes all the bolts were torqued to spec). Very happy with the pedder's endlinks...so for me it was well worth it.

Last edited by Saving41; 08-12-2011 at 06:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Saving41 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5th Gen Suspension -- The Book JusticePete Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 151 05-07-2015 05:52 PM
Engine sounds so quiet jagan323 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 15 04-13-2010 11:22 PM
Pfadt Racing new Camaro Endlinks available NOW! PfadtRacing Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 28 03-22-2010 12:00 PM
LM Performance, Spohn Camaro 2010 Tubular Rear Trailing Arms w/ Spherical Rod Ends LMPerformance V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes 0 10-19-2009 01:59 PM
LM Performance, Spohn Camaro 2010 Tubular Rear Toe Links with Spherical Rod Ends. LMPerformance V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes 0 10-19-2009 01:44 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.