Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Audio / Visual / Electronics/ Gauges / Nav

View our official forum sponsors list.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #15
Gene Culley
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2013 SS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Boyertown, PA
Posts: 1,374
Ok to the good stuff.

My build date was 5/29/2009 so I had part number 20840958 installed. The hardware version is CB/CC.







I have seen references to part number 20927509. This hardware version is DA/DX









I have also seen a new part number 20985421 in the catalog. This is version DB/DB.









This is not anything I've picked up off the internet. All 3 modules, versions and pictures were done by me today with my own personal vehicle.

If you don't have the PDIM and you buy the latest PDIM kit, 20940641, it will come with part number 20927509 (DA/DX). I know this because I just got a 20940641 kit on Friday and opened it and the part number on the module is 20940641.

It does appear to me that GM will be adding the new number, 20985421 to that kit, but it has not been done yet.

There is all of the good news.

The bad news is, if you have a 2010, the latest part number in any catalogs, with GM or reference material is 20927509 (DA/DX). If you get it done under warranty for a 2010 you will only be allowed to get 20927509 or the claim will bounce.

If you have a 2011 and you don't have part number 20985421, then you can get it and warranty will pay for it.

So the current PDIM add-on kit does not have the new part number in it as of this moment. I do believe, however, that it will shortly.

Personally, with the 2010's, I don't know why GM just doesn't change all of the part numbers over to the latest one, 20985421. The 2011 module works in the 2010 as that is what I did today. Any other questions, just ask. I'll answer if I know the answer!
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:52 PM   #16
patrickt



 
patrickt's Avatar
 
Drives: still saving!
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Reading, PA
Posts: 6,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Culley View Post
Ok to the good stuff.

My build date was 5/29/2009 so I had part number 20840958 installed. The hardware version is CB/CC.







I have seen references to part number 20927509. This hardware version is DA/DX









I have also seen a new part number 20985421 in the catalog. This is version DB/DB.









This is not anything I've picked up off the internet. All 3 modules, versions and pictures were done by me today with my own personal vehicle.

If you don't have the PDIM and you buy the latest PDIM kit, 20940641, it will come with part number 20927509 (DA/DX). I know this because I just got a 20940641 kit on Friday and opened it and the part number on the module is 20940641.

It does appear to me that GM will be adding the new number, 20985421 to that kit, but it has not been done yet.

There is all of the good news.

The bad news is, if you have a 2010, the latest part number in any catalogs, with GM or reference material is 20927509 (DA/DX). If you get it done under warranty for a 2010 you will only be allowed to get 20927509 or the claim will bounce.

If you have a 2011 and you don't have part number 20985421, then you can get it and warranty will pay for it.

So the current PDIM add-on kit does not have the new part number in it as of this moment. I do believe, however, that it will shortly.

Personally, with the 2010's, I don't know why GM just doesn't change all of the part numbers over to the latest one, 20985421. The 2011 module works in the 2010 as that is what I did today. Any other questions, just ask. I'll answer if I know the answer!
Very nice writeup buddy I see someone was busy this weekend
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:27 PM   #17
patrickt



 
patrickt's Avatar
 
Drives: still saving!
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Reading, PA
Posts: 6,176
Order you PDIM today!
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:03 AM   #18
PCOLASHAN
 
Drives: 2SS
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 350
When will you have the new part number 20985421, I want to replace my PDIM in my 2010? Thanks!
PCOLASHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:10 PM   #19
patrickt



 
patrickt's Avatar
 
Drives: still saving!
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Reading, PA
Posts: 6,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCOLASHAN View Post
When will you have the new part number 20985421, I want to replace my PDIM in my 2010? Thanks!
We can get them now please feel free to give me a call or shoot me an email patrick@gmpartshouse.com
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:51 AM   #20
cm5217
2K10 SS
 
cm5217's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 SIM black stripes
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 341
so let me make sure i understand this.....I have a early 2010 2SS that has a PDIM from the factory so to get the newest version do i need the upgrade or do i need to replace my early PDIM?
__________________
Tuned with HP tuners...LS3 Conversion With PAS spec 227/239 603/617 113 LSA comp cam...Circle D 3600 T.C....1 7/8 Kooks LT headers...Rotofab CAI W/ADM Scoop...VMax TB...Magnaflow 3" Catback...RX catch can...BMR Trailing Arms...BMR Toe Rods...BMR Pro rear cradle bushing kit...Smoked Lenses...Black Chrome SS rims...Black Bowties...Painted Stripes...Barton shifter...Hydro Dipped engine cover...Clear Shield bra (front clip and hood)...
cm5217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #21
Gene Culley
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2013 SS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Boyertown, PA
Posts: 1,374
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm5217 View Post
so let me make sure i understand this.....I have a early 2010 2SS that has a PDIM from the factory so to get the newest version do i need the upgrade or do i need to replace my early PDIM?
You need the 20985421 PDIM.
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:57 PM   #22
patrickt



 
patrickt's Avatar
 
Drives: still saving!
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Reading, PA
Posts: 6,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Culley View Post
You need the 20985421 PDIM.
That is correct. Gene plugged them all in to see which ones worked and have the latest info. He's the man isnt he!
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:40 PM   #23
cm5217
2K10 SS
 
cm5217's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 SIM black stripes
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Culley View Post
You need the 20985421 PDIM.
Is there a DIY for replacing the PDIM? I have no idea where it is and how to change it
__________________
Tuned with HP tuners...LS3 Conversion With PAS spec 227/239 603/617 113 LSA comp cam...Circle D 3600 T.C....1 7/8 Kooks LT headers...Rotofab CAI W/ADM Scoop...VMax TB...Magnaflow 3" Catback...RX catch can...BMR Trailing Arms...BMR Toe Rods...BMR Pro rear cradle bushing kit...Smoked Lenses...Black Chrome SS rims...Black Bowties...Painted Stripes...Barton shifter...Hydro Dipped engine cover...Clear Shield bra (front clip and hood)...
cm5217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:58 PM   #24
patrickt



 
patrickt's Avatar
 
Drives: still saving!
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Reading, PA
Posts: 6,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by cm5217 View Post
Is there a DIY for replacing the PDIM? I have no idea where it is and how to change it
I will make one up to post up
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #25
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem
 
slick rick's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Posts: 5,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by cm5217 View Post
Is there a DIY for replacing the PDIM? I have no idea where it is and how to change it
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77662
__________________
slick rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:58 PM   #26
patrickt



 
patrickt's Avatar
 
Drives: still saving!
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Reading, PA
Posts: 6,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
thanks
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:05 PM   #27
patrickt



 
patrickt's Avatar
 
Drives: still saving!
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Reading, PA
Posts: 6,176
your only source for the pdim
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:01 PM   #28
patrickt



 
patrickt's Avatar
 
Drives: still saving!
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Reading, PA
Posts: 6,176
no programing required
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY: PDIM + USB Port installation jtzako Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions 157 03-30-2016 11:11 AM
Details about PDIM & Bluetooth functionality & upgrading your non C&C car with them Matt'sSS Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 55 02-09-2015 07:56 AM
Official PDIM accessory from GM slick rick Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 190 07-13-2012 05:35 PM
Faulty PDIM symptoms? djamphi555 Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 2 08-07-2010 02:27 PM
Is there a fuse for the PDIM? What is a MPIM? jpennin217 Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 0 11-14-2009 07:41 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.