Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SDTW Custom Wheels & Tires
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-08-2011, 07:08 PM   #15
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Yesterday and today I have been on the phone quite a bit with GM customer service in regards to the paint chip spoiler problem. Kaylee has quite a few nasty chips all around the edges of the spoiler and around the screw holes the paint is almost completely gone. These chips occurred while I had the OEM spoiler on (just to clarify). Well I currently have (or rather had now) the street scene spoiler on. I just spent the past hour taking it off and putting the OEM spoiler back on. My dealer would not repair the trunk lid because they are saying that the damage was done by the aftermarket spoiler. Which isn't possible as the street scene spoiler is installed via 3M tape.

So, the plan now is that I am taking her into the dealer tomorrow at 1 o'clock. They are going to look at the damage and inform me of what the game plan is going to be. Hopefully they will admit that the damage is from the OEM spoiler and repaint the trunk lid. I will be updating tomorrow once I hear from them, on the upside they do have a pretty nice waiting room.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:15 PM   #16
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
This is one nice Black Camaro.
guiLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:22 PM   #17
The Stig

*Merged this post from another thread so I would pictures and documents, blah blah I'm really sentimental about Kaylee don't judge. Original post is HERE*

I did this yesterday afternoon. I'm pretty meticulous so took about 2 hours and change.

Last edited by The Stig; 08-11-2011 at 11:23 AM. Reason: merging of other posts/threads
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:22 PM   #18
The Stig

I've been getting parts from AAC for some time now and have always been amazed by the quality of their work and the great customer service. I recently purchased a set used, and remember that for later, of CCFL afterburners from member x7productions. Who by the way was great to work with, I bought my spoiler from too.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:21 AM   #19
Americanmadecargirl
CamaroGirl67

Drives: 1967 327 RS Convert.
Send a message via Yahoo to Americanmadecargirl
Very nice!!! I love the carbon fiber under the hood

1967 RS 327 / 1993 LX Mustang / 2004 GT Mustang
Americanmadecargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:39 PM   #20
The Stig

So the dealer was helpful but at the same time really. They were nice enough to realign my exhaust tips, but the body shop was too backed up to look at my spoiler. :( what are you going to do right?

On the upside I have planned out my week off. From the 19-26 I have ZERO responsibilities. The girlfriend will be gone and no classes nor work. During this week I will be installing one of fieldgoal00's wireless DRL harnesses, adding a diffuser to my halos to get rid of the LED look, painting my wheels gloss black, and my calipers cobalt blue. It'll be a busy week but I am so excited, and don't worry I'll be taking pictures.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:59 PM   #21
The Stig

Picked up a couple packages today. One was my replacement tail light from AAC. My far right tail light has water inside of it. So Jonathan thinks that most likely it was not sealed correctly. He was really helpful in the situation, as AAC does not normally send you a part under warranty until after you have sent it in first. But it being a tail light I couldn't really do that.

Pic of my tail light

Name:  photo[1].jpg
Views: 25226
Size:  125.2 KB

My other package was fieldgoal's wireless DRL harness. I have been using AAC's harness but wanted to be able to switch between only DRLs, halos as DRLs, both on, etc. Instructions are really easy as well so shouldn't take more than a half hour.

Only 2 more days until mod weekend. I honestly can't decide what I'm going to do first. I have some commitments Saturday morning, so starting late morning. I'm really leaning towards painting my door panels and dash trim first. Going for a nice gloss black. I wanted to do carbon fiber but I'd lose the ABL and not ready to give that up just yet.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:02 PM   #22
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
looks really good
Old 03-17-2011, 10:37 PM   #23
Reaper1a

Drives: 2010 Summit White 2LT/RS
2 questions:
1-are you painting your wheels yourself? If so, how? I've been looking for a DIY on here and can't seem to find it. If not, how much does it cost?
2-Did you install the CCFL afterburners or did AAC do it for you? If you did, what's the install like?
Thanks
Old 03-17-2011, 11:19 PM   #24
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper1a View Post
2 questions:
1-are you painting your wheels yourself? If so, how? I've been looking for a DIY on here and can't seem to find it. If not, how much does it cost?
2-Did you install the CCFL afterburners or did AAC do it for you? If you did, what's the install like?
Thanks
1) yes I plan on doing them myself. There are a few threads that are DIY/instructions on how to go about painting your wheels. Its not too hard of a process, just time consuming putting the car up on jack stands.

2) no I did not install the afterburners. AAC has an exchange program where you buy a set of afterburners (CCFL or SMD) and put a deposit down. Then once you send them back your tail lights they refund your deposit. You can shoot Jonathan an email/PM at Jonathan@aacstyle.com
Old 03-18-2011, 03:01 AM   #25
Reaper1a

Drives: 2010 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
1) yes I plan on doing them myself. There are a few threads that are DIY/instructions on how to go about painting your wheels. Its not too hard of a process, just time consuming putting the car up on jack stands.

2) no I did not install the afterburners. AAC has an exchange program where you buy a set of afterburners (CCFL or SMD) and put a deposit down. Then once you send them back your tail lights they refund your deposit. You can shoot Jonathan an email/PM at Jonathan@aacstyle.com
Sweet...thanks
Any chance you have a link to the DIY? I must not be labeling my search correctly b/c I just keep getting results showing how guys wheels turned out. Not the actual process.

Edit: disregard. I stumbled across a couple of DIY's. Thanks for the info!

Last edited by Reaper1a; 03-18-2011 at 07:24 AM.
Reaper1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:28 PM   #26
The Stig

Modding has started. I was getting sick of looking at the gray bezel on the center air vents. So decided to paint them. Did the driver and passenger ones as well.

*EDIT: A few people have asked me how I did this mod (and considering I wasn't polite enough to post a DIY on it I figured this is the next best thing.*

How to Remove the Bezels
Quote:
Originally Posted by wylde1 View Post
the side vents were easy, the end panel on the dash pops out and there's a couple screws holding that vent trim in place. It's very easy to see once you've got it open. I can't remember exactly how many there are but i think it's about 2 or 3.

The center vent however you basically need to take the whole dash out to get at the trim piece. So I made good with the masking tape and VERY carefully brush painted it with the little tube of color matched touch up paint from GM. Turned out just fine. I ripped up garbage bags and covered my whole center console and dash with it plastic in case there were any drips. There weren't but I'd recommend it just to be sure.

Last edited by The Stig; 06-07-2011 at 07:32 PM.
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:58 PM   #27
The Stig

So on Thursday I got fieldgoal00's DRL harness in the mail, and I have spent the past 2 ish hours installing it. Except the problem is that the driver's side halos and front side market are always on. Even with the car off. Any help on this would be appreciated, hint hint.

Well either way I undid the wiring for the 4 channel remote (temporary fix to the lights problem) and I will be tackling it again in the morning.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:03 PM   #28
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

Drives: SS/RS6sp,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51,Z06
WOW!

You're doing GREAT!!!

I can't wait for more pics...

Becky
734-479-7117 ...Direct Line

Available Camaro & Corvette Inventory
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aac, advanced automotive concepts, ashen gray metallic, bad@sszl1, black chrome, boom, build thread, carbon fiber, cotw, fireball, gen5diy, kaylee, pedders, phantom black metallic, sad, the stig, this guy needs a lithograph, zl1