Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:57 PM   #526
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Ohhh Man... that picture of the turbos has got me fired up... And your exhaust is still tame at idle... Maybe I should have gone turbo...LOL... I think I've killed my daily driver now... it's a beast..

Just a few more days... hang in there and be safe... remember your head is somewhere else right now..
Old 03-23-2011, 07:02 PM   #527
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Ohhh Man... that picture of the turbos has got me fired up... And your exhaust is still tame at idle... Maybe I should have gone turbo...LOL... I think I've killed my daily driver now... it's a beast..

Just a few more days... hang in there and be safe... remember your head is somewhere else right now..
Spoken exactly like someone with a lot of experience in this induistry, and we are pulling the stack tonight, so, Mike, Thank you For That... I'm out... get my head on right and go do some work... i'll be back later...
Old 03-23-2011, 08:52 PM   #528
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Just about a week left. You can make it!!! Anticipation will only make your first ride that much better. Just make sure you don't lose it when you finally do get the keys. =)
Old 03-23-2011, 08:56 PM   #529
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Just about a week left. You can make it!!! Anticipation will only make your first ride that much better. Just make sure you don't lose it when you finally do get the keys. =)
lol, thats cause you wanna chance at it, I know....

thanks
Old 03-23-2011, 09:05 PM   #530
2010ABM

Drives: 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
Hopefully Monday I'll be able to get a video of those turbo's spooling up a little bit...or the car on the dyno at a minimum. Corey and his crew were all very kind and fun, as always, while I poked my nose around the shop today
Old 03-23-2011, 10:02 PM   #531
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I aint skeered...
She Loves Me...she thinks I'm a goofball...
Definitely true love! LOL

ARH LT Headers with MBRP 3" catback exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ZL1 inspired splitter, ZL1 Grille, Rear Fascia blackout, Gill decals, Aftermarket Hurst Short Throw shifter, Tune by Jannetty Racing.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:05 PM   #532
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Skipped ahead to the video. That sounds NICE!

ARH LT Headers with MBRP 3" catback exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ZL1 inspired splitter, ZL1 Grille, Rear Fascia blackout, Gill decals, Aftermarket Hurst Short Throw shifter, Tune by Jannetty Racing.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:35 PM   #533
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: THRSS #2 / CGM#1
IT'S ALIVE!!

IT'S ALIIIIIVE!!!!

The build of THRSS #2
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:21 AM   #534
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Maybe I should have gone turbo...LOL... I think I've killed my daily driver now... it's a beast..
Who says you cant still

and what do you mean killed your daily driver.... haha. I DD 700.

AWESOME ROBERT... Just awesome... cant wait to follow you around a bit.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #535
Atti2de
Móderator

Drives: 2SS/RS
It lives, kinda wondered if it started up, when my neighborhood lights all dimmed to get all the power cranked up!!! It was either Roberts car or Texas took out all of death row
Old 03-24-2011, 12:34 PM   #536
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Oh my damn.....

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:36 PM   #537
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
Who says you cant still

and what do you mean killed your daily driver.... haha. I DD 700.

AWESOME ROBERT... Just awesome... cant wait to follow you around a bit.
It's not the HP... it's the way I got there...
This Cam is super radical on the street and my crank up at 530AM is deafening. It was already way loud but now...

I'm buying a mini-truck from Jerry tomorrow...
Old 03-24-2011, 05:13 PM   #538
firefighter1

Drives: 625 rwhp red jewel ss COTW 11-8-10
Great Thread

Robert,

I took the time today to sit and read your thread from page 1 to here! Man what a great story! I can't wait to ride along side you guys on the way to Chandler this April!
Old 03-24-2011, 05:37 PM   #539
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter1 View Post
Robert,

I took the time today to sit and read your thread from page 1 to here! Man what a great story! I can't wait to ride along side you guys on the way to Chandler this April!
Thats awesome, wow and thanks... I hope I didn't bore you with it... The most, truly the most, amazing thing about this car is the people I have met due to owning and driving it, sharing in events with others, and spending time with quality people...

I wouldn't trade any of it... and it's only going to get better...

I can't wait for the Fest...

I had to miss it last year due to a change in my work schedule, but after what I've done to get the car ready for this one, well, lets just say I'll be there, car or no....Several people already offered to allow me to ride with them if my car wasn't ready... I hope it doesn't come to that, but if it did, I'ld still go and share some incredible time with others...

I'll see you in less than three weeks...
Old 03-25-2011, 08:05 PM   #540
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

I sent a request for a general feel of Brandi this early in the drive and break in period...

This is Corey's answer... I'm stoked...

The clutch "feels" great at the pedal. The engagement is very livable, not too chattery, easy to drive. But you can tell it's a not joke setup. The motor feels SOLID, and the turbo's sound BIG. No sissy boy high pitched whine when they start to turn. These things should lay out the boost. I of course have not put it into boost yet, but you can make them spin a little and not get into trouble. :-) The rear suspension is TIGHT. A little bouncier than before perhaps, and you hear 100% of the noise the differential makes. Other than that it's a ***** cat.

He is going to try some different differential lubricant to quieten it down... But I am way excited and I wish I was on the way home already...
Old 03-25-2011, 08:33 PM   #541
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quit looking at the clock

If you did drop springs, might need to time the bushings, some have complained of a 'bouncy' feel after dropping it.

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time."
"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
"Don't brake until you see God, just don't meet him"
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:06 AM   #542
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: THRSS #2 / CGM#1
Yep. Well, with my drop springs, it's usually pretty tight and will stick to the ground. But every once in a while, I'll hit a bump and that back end bounces up and down a few times. I REALLY only noticed it once. The ride is a lot tighter with those drop springs, though.
The build of THRSS #2
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:24 AM   #543
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Busty Brandi

With those two big turbos and the mellow sound coming out the back I think you are going to be pleasantly shocked Robert when you throw the go go juice at Brandi. She is gonna light up like a Christmas tree. I bet the fuel economy won't be too bad either...if you can keep your foot out of it. But...with that thing spooling up it is going to be tempting at every light. Have a safe trip home...your baby awaits. BTW... great teaser video. Cant wait to see her on the dyno.

Jim
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:45 AM   #544
ask4yah

Drives: 2010camaro1ssrs
Brandi and speedster are my 2 favorite Journal threads. Very enjoyable.
ask4yah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:45 AM   #545
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Just a few more days!!!
Old 03-26-2011, 05:41 AM   #546
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Quit looking at the clock

If you did drop springs, might need to time the bushings, some have complained of a 'bouncy' feel after dropping it.
There really isn't much else to look at out here... I say that and then remember the sun rise we had this morning... Wow...

Care to explain to me the "timing" of the bushings. I've never heard of it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Yep. Well, with my drop springs, it's usually pretty tight and will stick to the ground. But every once in a while, I'll hit a bump and that back end bounces up and down a few times. I REALLY only noticed it once. The ride is a lot tighter with those drop springs, though.
My ride was substantially tighter after installing the Eibachs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
With those two big turbos and the mellow sound coming out the back I think you are going to be pleasantly shocked Robert when you throw the go go juice at Brandi. She is gonna light up like a Christmas tree. I bet the fuel economy won't be too bad either...if you can keep your foot out of it. But...with that thing spooling up it is going to be tempting at every light. Have a safe trip home...your baby awaits. BTW... great teaser video. Cant wait to see her on the dyno.

Jim
My old fire truck I drove for sooo many years lit up like a christmas tree, lights and all, just didn't do anything very quickly... It's already rumored that when I make my Friday night sojurn to San Antonio, they will be able to hear me coming through San Marcos, which is 35 to 70 miles from the meet site depending on where we are meeting on a particular night...and if I am traveling with Kyle, (700+ HP Procharged LSx)OMG, they will be able to hear us in Dallas...since that is behind us and we are pointing the tail pipes that way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask4yah View Post
Brandi and speedster are my 2 favorite Journal threads. Very enjoyable.
Wow, Brandi isn't in the same league with The Speedster Beast, but I sure am flattered to be mentioned in the same sentence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Just a few more days!!!
#&@#$%^$&&@$^@... 8.75 working days left as of the typing of this response... but thanks for the help... I keep trying to remember it isn't too far off in the grand scheme of things....
Old 03-26-2011, 08:45 AM   #547
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Getting closer...

The wait will be worth it. Anticipation makes you think of all the fun and possibilities you are going to enjoy with Brandi.

We need a pic of you going down the highway with your head sticking out like a dogs just smilin' away
Old 03-26-2011, 09:59 AM   #548
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
There really isn't much else to look at out here... I say that and then remember the sun rise we had this morning... Wow...

Care to explain to me the "timing" of the bushings. I've never heard of it...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...postcount=2033

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time."
"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
"Don't brake until you see God, just don't meet him"
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #549
Russ
The Milkman

Drives: 2011 1LT
BEST THREAD YET

I was just trollin' round the site and came across this thread. With no intentions on spending hours reading one thread, I just couldnt stop. But 400+ post later, here I am.
Im soooo excited for you Robert. The car is awesome. Great build and sounds like a great builder.
So, after being completly hooked on the thread I get to the "shipped the wrong motor" post. My heart freakin' sank!!! I was devastated. And it aint even my car! Heck, I dont even know the owner,lol. But then, alas, all turned out well.
So here I am all caught up with this awesome build thread and dying to see some dyno results.
You seem to be "good people" (lol) and Im so happy for you.
It would be great to see you and your car in person at C5FII. I'll be in Phoenix but our plane doesnt arrive until late Sat. evening. This trip was planned beforeI knew about C5 and any kind of Fest or it would have been planned differently. I may, however, consider trying to make the trophy presentations Sat. night. Atleast then I would be able to say I was there.
Just realized, 500+ post...geeesh
Good luck to you in all you do. I'll be following this thread to its end.

Oh and btw, I was able to visit San Antonio for my first time last year. My wife and I stayed on the river walk. Its a beautiful city and we cant wait to get back there some day.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:45 AM   #550
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I was just trollin' round the site and came across this thread. With no intentions on spending hours reading one thread, I just couldnt stop. But 400+ post later, here I am.
Im soooo excited for you Robert. The car is awesome. Great build and sounds like a great builder.
So, after being completly hooked on the thread I get to the "shipped the wrong motor" post. My heart freakin' sank!!! I was devastated. And it aint even my car! Heck, I dont even know the owner,lol. But then, alas, all turned out well.
So here I am all caught up with this awesome build thread and dying to see some dyno results.
You seem to be "good people" (lol) and Im so happy for you.
It would be great to see you and your car in person at C5FII. I'll be in Phoenix but our plane doesnt arrive until late Sat. evening. This trip was planned beforeI knew about C5 and any kind of Fest or it would have been planned differently. I may, however, consider trying to make the trophy presentations Sat. night. Atleast then I would be able to say I was there.
Just realized, 500+ post...geeesh
Good luck to you in all you do. I'll be following this thread to its end.

Oh and btw, I was able to visit San Antonio for my first time last year. My wife and I stayed on the river walk. Its a beautiful city and we cant wait to get back there some day.
Wow, thanks for stopping in, you're more dedicated than I am, I couldn't go back and read all this...
I also am going nuts waiting for the results. I've been told to stop looking at the clock . . . . . . . . . . . . . but that is almost impossible... I usually count my TTTEOMH (time to the end of my hitch) by the drills completed... We have a drill every week, and so, I have four, three two or one, drill left... I am at one drill, but that isn't helping, so I went to days, then hours, I'm on minutes and getting close to seconds...I just can't count that high...
and if you arrive in Phoenix late Saturday eve, you should be just in time for the After Fest Party....

I think there is going to be a huge crowd, Savini is putting it on... If you manage to make it out, hopefully we'll get to meet...

Next time you're in San Antonio, give any of usw in the San Antonio thread a shout out, we'll make sure you hook up with us if you're here on a Friday night.... Some of us will hook up any night...

Robert

Tags
203.4, camaro of the week, drive shaft specialists of tx, dss, erl, henderson performance tech, i am second, mike@thepowdercoater, pedders, rockland standard gear, rx catch can, slayer triple carbon clutch, the circle, tracspec motorsports, twin turbos, w-bar's lord satchmo of lazy d