Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Camaro Fest Discussions > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2011, 12:07 PM   #57
ChvyBoss
THAT BOOST TURNS HEADS
 
ChvyBoss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 2,085
Any road wrap tips on installation? 1st time user
__________________
SoCal HT5 ENOUGH SAID
ChvyBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #58
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,577
First time for me to.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:22 PM   #59
SilverIceman

 
SilverIceman's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 969
Yeah, throw the letter opener they give you away and use one of those box cutters.

Give yourself lots of time and you'll do a better job. There's tons of openings on the front bumper, just wrap over them and cut out the openings, leaving enough to overlap the edges. It's not easy covering a rounded, angled object with straight, square wrapping. It'll look like hell when your done cause of the wrinkles and bubbles. But you'll be an expert by the time you get ready for the trip home. (and you won't care what it looks like)
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:24 PM   #60
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!
 
ddunerider's Avatar
 
Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Phillips Ranch ca. So-Cal
Posts: 5,942
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Yep I also bought a box of the car condom.....Too.
__________________
WE RACE DEEP!!
BBK Intake, Flowmaster AT cat back Barton shifter,Painted stripes,,Heritage grill,LED DRLs, Smokin Tires!!
ddunerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #61
ChvyBoss
THAT BOOST TURNS HEADS
 
ChvyBoss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 2,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
Yeah, throw the letter opener they give you away and use one of those box cutters.

Give yourself lots of time and you'll do a better job. There's tons of openings on the front bumper, just wrap over them and cut out the openings, leaving enough to overlap the edges. It's not easy covering a rounded, angled object with straight, square wrapping. It'll look like hell when your done cause of the wrinkles and bubbles. But you'll be an expert by the time you get ready for the trip home. (and you won't care what it looks like)
Sounds good thanks. Will be receiving it thurs
__________________
SoCal HT5 ENOUGH SAID
ChvyBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #62
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN
 
Jekyll-N-Hyde's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Between Weatherford and Azle TX hway730
Posts: 2,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddunerider View Post
Yep I also bought a box of the car condom.....Too.


Car condom ?





I know its a long drive to Arizona but dam
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:47 PM   #63
cybercoaster

 
cybercoaster's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 ZL1 AGM
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 1,557


This will explain if we see this on the roads
__________________
APEX catch can, ROTOFAB, noweeds. Kooks 2" LT headers. BMR 1" drop to be installed
cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:07 AM   #64
h-towncamaro
H-TownCamaroClub.com
 
h-towncamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Victory Red
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston/Katy, TX
Posts: 128
Here is where I bought my road wrap today. I called and ordered over the phone. Very nice people and they gave me a 10% discount. Orders ship out the next day after ordering via FedEx. See you all in AZ!!!

Your Shopping Cart
RW1412 Road Wrap 18" x 100'
$29.99
RW1450 Felt Edge Wrapped Applicator
$3.99

Subtotal $33.98
Shipping $14.36 (Ships out of KY, to Houston,TX)
Total: $48.34
http://www.empirecovers.com/shop/buy-road-wrap.aspx
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
h-towncamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:25 AM   #65
Ruffian118
 
Ruffian118's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT SW silver stripes
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by h-towncamaro View Post
Here is where I bought my road wrap today. I called and ordered over the phone. Very nice people and they gave me a 10% discount. Orders ship out the next day after ordering via FedEx. See you all in AZ!!!

Your Shopping Cart
RW1412 Road Wrap 18" x 100'
$29.99
RW1450 Felt Edge Wrapped Applicator
$3.99

Subtotal $33.98
Shipping $14.36 (Ships out of KY, to Houston,TX)
Total: $48.34
http://www.empirecovers.com/shop/buy-road-wrap.aspx
exactly what I ordered - should have mine by the weekend to do a test application before I leave on Wednesday (can't believe it's almost here!)
__________________
2010 Camaro 2LT - "Spirit"
Club Elite Member #117 / Favorite 5th Gen Camaro selected by Scott Settlemire - C5FestII
Ordered: 1/25/10; Built 3/4-8/10 VIN #201262; in my driveway 3/20/10

Ruffian118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:28 AM   #66
ChvyBoss
THAT BOOST TURNS HEADS
 
ChvyBoss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 2,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffian118 View Post
exactly what I ordered - should have mine by the weekend to do a test application before I leave on Wednesday (can't believe it's almost here!)
Yea that's what I'm gonna do. Hopefully the install not to hard
__________________
SoCal HT5 ENOUGH SAID
ChvyBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:42 PM   #67
Ruffian118
 
Ruffian118's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT SW silver stripes
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 453
So I applied mine today since I wasn't sure how long it would take. Did hood, roof just above windshield, behind all 4 wheel wells, and gill area.

It did take some time, but was pretty easy to apply. Are there wrinkles? Yes. Contour of body makes it tough for there not to be when installed by a novice. But frankly, I'm not in it as a beauty contest for the trip down. Point is to save the paint from the worst of any rock chips.

Did it by myself as well. Here are some pix:
Attached Images
   
__________________
2010 Camaro 2LT - "Spirit"
Club Elite Member #117 / Favorite 5th Gen Camaro selected by Scott Settlemire - C5FestII
Ordered: 1/25/10; Built 3/4-8/10 VIN #201262; in my driveway 3/20/10

Ruffian118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:58 PM   #68
viper1cobra
Member Club Elite #131
 
viper1cobra's Avatar
 
Drives: 1968 & 2010 SIM 2LT/RS Born 041509
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Far West TEXAS
Posts: 1,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
Yeah, throw the letter opener they give you away and use one of those box cutters.

Give yourself lots of time and you'll do a better job. There's tons of openings on the front bumper, just wrap over them and cut out the openings, leaving enough to overlap the edges. It's not easy covering a rounded, angled object with straight, square wrapping. It'll look like hell when your done cause of the wrinkles and bubbles. But you'll be an expert by the time you get ready for the trip home. (and you won't care what it looks like)
I agree with the coment you wil be an expert by the time you are done. We did our own install of our clear bra and it turned out good for a first timer. It is still on the car almost two years later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffian118 View Post
So I applied mine today since I wasn't sure how long it would take. Did hood, roof just above windshield, behind all 4 wheel wells, and gill area.

It did take some time, but was pretty easy to apply. Are there wrinkles? Yes. Contour of body makes it tough for there not to be when installed by a novice. But frankly, I'm not in it as a beauty contest for the trip down. Point is to save the paint from the worst of any rock chips.

Did it by myself as well. Here are some pix:
Great job, some of those pockets of water will disapear with the application of heat (the sun).
__________________
viper1cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:04 PM   #69
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,495
I looked everywhere. No one had any. Oh well looks like blue painters tape for me
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:59 PM   #70
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com
 
LED Crazy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS IOM L99
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tulsa, Ok
Posts: 1,702
Installing mine tomorrow. Hopefully I do it correctly lol
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Understanding Paint Correction-The Nitty-Gritty Mr CLuTcH Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection 29 03-02-2012 03:51 AM
Gran Turismo 5 November 24th, 2010 Nezacant Gaming Lounge 562 04-21-2011 09:23 PM
Pedders Suspension Benchmark Track Testing and New Jersey Track Day Info@PeddersUSA.com USA - NY / NJ / PA 35 10-26-2009 05:20 PM
Just for fun take a walk down memory lane Beandip2811 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 15 08-09-2009 09:26 AM
The first week with un-pink camaro! (a review with pics) pinkcamaro10 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 31 07-02-2009 07:54 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.